Recruitment Model (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I don't think that is the entire model as it would be unsustainable, it's part of the model. I mean the reality of it is its just good whole life costing rather than something innovative.

The problem is we have tried to survive for years by selling players we recruited for next to nothing and have managed it well enough

Other than o hare and hamer (who we paid for) I can’t see many saleable assets at all

skybluetony176

Rus 18, Dinanga 19. Even Bright, Sheaf and Viktor aren’t old at 23 and I’d argue that neither Bright or Viktor have peaked in their career so there’s still every possibility that they could end up moving for big money. Besides the one thing we lacked last season was probably experienced seasoned pro’s at this level so it’s sensible to get some in. The other point being that most seasons Robins been here he’s brought in some experience to compliment youth and two promotions says that’s a good recipe.

edit: we also still have an excellent academy and most of the big money sales in recent years have come through the academy not scouting. Although not exclusively.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mate as you've never played the game and continuously demonstrate fcuk all knowledge about the technicalities of the game - I can assure you that you have zero idea as to the attributes required to play defensive midfield at elite levels.

I left the room as you get to the point of banging your head on a brick wall debating morons for no good effect and that's not my idea of fun.

Fortunately Robins isn't going to play someone without any pace as a defensive midfielder so the debate was a complete waste of time for everyone - most of all me.

What level did you play at? Also Kelly is pretty slow, no?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Mate as you've never played the game and continuously demonstrate fcuk all knowledge about the technicalities of the game - I can assure you that you have zero idea as to the attributes required to play defensive midfield at elite levels.

I left the room as you get to the point of banging your head on a brick wall debating morons for no good effect and that's not my idea of fun.

Fortunately Robins isn't going to play someone without any pace as a defensive midfielder so the debate was a complete waste of time for everyone - most of all me.

Yes everyone else is the moron. Not you, who thinks Michael Carrick could give Usain Bolt a run for his money in a foot race.

Last edited:

procdoc

I’ve played and managed at local level and I can safely say o lol ace is not a requirement of a holding midfielder. Being strong in the tackle, positional sense and being able to win the ball and give it to a team mate are the most important attributes

Great_Expectations

Buying young, high potential players, developing them and selling for a fee is the ideal, and we’ve done well at that in the past.

However you also need to buy a few ready made players, which MR obviously sees Waghorn, Moore and Cranie (to an extent) as.

We still have a young high potential squad, with first team players who will only kick on; Walker, Sheaf, COH, Gyokeres, Hamer, supported by wild cards such as Bright and Jones, all supplemented by our academy graduates/signings who are on the fringes like Bapaga, Eccles, Burroughs, Howley, Tavares, Bilson, Reid etc.

Not a bad place to be.

Plus as others have said it’s a different window this year, with Covid, European points system, tighter budgets, and we’re now fishing in a very popular pool and we aren’t the most attractive there.

long way home

Our model will be the same as everyone else's club no matter size. You have to produce your own and the lower the level you go down the more dependant you are on that model working. The level of youth player we are now looking at and developing is different than 2 years ago for obvious reasons.

You also have to develop the structure behind the scenes which will evolve with progression, better level coaches for all ages, better facilities to attract better players at all levels within the club. But we must always have the pathway for young players to make us attractive to players good enough to sign to our academy. Players like Howley were being monitored by higher level clubs but choose to stay I suppose because he has been shown his potential path into 1st team football and seeing others being given that chance to do so.

We must continue to produce and push players into our 1st team and must move players out to gain experience elsewhere or sell to keep the club moving forward. But how quick you progress as a club sometimes conflicts with this model, it's a balance between the level you are at and the level you have that becomes a difficult situation for all concerned. But we done better than most thought and surprised a few with how we coped with a young inexperienced squad for the championship, we over achieved in what was our target. This year will be tough, as MR wants to compete at the top end of this league but I'm not sure he will have the tools to do that. Staying up again and finishing higher has to be a realistic aim. Where this model takes us after this only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread