Recruitment has been shocking (2 Viewers)

hill83

A heartwarming message of tolerance from the man who said “the Jewish population generally is the most racist population on earth”

That’s bang out of order mate. He said the Islamic population is.

Grendel

My bad - I’m happy to correct the error

Israel - Palestinian Conflict

No wonder you’ve only made it as the horoscope journo at the Basildon

I get you are raging at the way your “career” has turned out - perhaps you should change direction? Wash cars perhaps?

SBT

No wonder you’ve only made it as the horoscope journo at the Basildon

I get you are raging at the way your “career” has turned out - perhaps you should change direction? Wash cars perhaps?
You fell into the trap I’m afraid. Go and rehydrate and you can have another go hectoring about how not to cross prejudice lines.

shmmeee

It took abandoning the wing back system for form to drastically improve which is a slight concern given how much was spent on players to suit it.

We have found a way to reinvent the side which is great, but it’s clear that our Plan A just didn’t work. Really not helped by Gus pissing off in August I’ll admit

This meme again. If we only signed players to suit a back three why did it take a back four to get the best out of them? One hell of a lucky coincidence.

Grendel

You fell into the trap I’m afraid. Go and rehydrate and you can have another go hectoring about how not to cross prejudice lines.

It’s hardly a “trap” - I stand by the original statement - so sorry to disappoint

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I felt Simms had a lot to offer but we just weren't getting it out of him at the time. Now he has we're seeing the forward I thought was in there. Similarly Sakamoto needed us playing more to his strengths as a winger.

But I was massively wrong about Wright. At the start he didn't just look like he needed time to settle, it just looked like he couldn't play football. And certainly not worth £9m. His touch was awful, he couldn't beat a man, was bullied off the ball, his shooting was wayward, he was offside and his positioning was all wrong. Fair to say he's proved me wrong on almost all of those points. I'm still amazed at the transformation and really didn't think a lack of confidence could make you look as bad as he did at the start.

Martin180

I felt Simms had a lot to offer but we just weren't getting it out of him at the time. Now he has we're seeing the forward I thought was in there. Similarly Sakamoto needed us playing more to his strengths as a winger.

But I was massively wrong about Wright. At the start he didn't just look like he needed time to settle, it just looked like he couldn't play football. And certainly not worth £9m. His touch was awful, he couldn't beat a man, was bullied off the ball, his shooting was wayward, he was offside and his positioning was all wrong. Fair to say he's proved me wrong on almost all of those points. I'm still amazed at the transformation and really didn't think a lack of confidence could make you look as bad as he did at the start.
To be fair to Wright the expectation level and pressure he must’ve faced to hit the ground running must’ve been huge . He was our marquee signing and replacing a striker now valued at over 80 million .
Add to all that moving himself and his family to a new country and it’s no wonder he looked tentative and unsure in his early games . Now he looks happy and confident and we are seeing the player we all hoped we had signed.

Sometimes we all forget that these players are human and have the same insecurities as the rest of us .

Grendel

Has this thread gone off topic now because covcity4life started windmilling ?

At least he’s given up on the Stanley Unwin act when he’s dug himself in a hole and invented a cousin and a pathetic honey trap with SBT and a couple of others

Irish Sky Blue

There is a lesson in here for those of us who perennially jump the gun on these things. That said, after PNE we were hovering above the drop zone, playing poor football, conceding soft goals and the manager looked a bit lost for the first time in a long time.

People were right to be concerned I think
I don’t think we were playing badly. We were inconsistent, also having some bad luck (refereeing decisions v PNE and WBA for example), but also playing well sporadically. The game we lost at Bristol was an excellent first half performance and was cited by Viveash in his recent interview as perhaps the best performance of his time here.I also don’t think Robins looked lost. His comments, as usual, were pretty calm and also consistent and were mainly along the lines of, be patient, we will come good. I think people need to have more faith. Surely a manager with Robin’s with his track record here should have enough in the bank to ensure he doesn’t get knee jerk criticism.

Sick Boy

To be fair to Wright the expectation level and pressure he must’ve faced to hit the ground running must’ve been huge . He was our marquee signing and replacing a striker now valued at over 80 million .
Add to all that moving himself and his family to a new country and it’s no wonder he looked tentative and unsure in his early games . Now he looks happy and confident and we are seeing the player we all hoped we had signed.

Sometimes we all forget that these players are human and have the same insecurities as the rest of us .
I said it a couple of weeks ago but you can see why we wanted to sign him even if we’d gone up last season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Which reads that we recruited to play 3-4-1-2, no?

Having read that whole article, Adi did mention that the natural evolution would be to move to 4 at the back. We j

It was the same in L1 when we moved from 4-3-3, we had trained and prepared to play 3-4-2-1 in preseason.

Which is great coaching and management.

ovduk78

I was critical of Wright after the Norwich or Stoke game where I thought he didn't put enough effort in on the left of a front 3. When I heard MR explaining what he had asked the front 3 to limit space for Norwich's wing/full backs to run into I realised he did the job he was asked to do. I have been surprised at times that MR has gone with just 1 up front although he clearly knows more than I ever will.

Adge

Well well, some interesting backtracking going on. If we miss out on the playoffs (I still think we will be just short) the players we are talking about will have a year in the tank of Championship football which will hold them in good stead for next season when I think we will more than be in contention again.

Cally Fedora

When you look at what we were left with at the end of last season the rebuilding of the defence in its entirety has to be applauded. Kitching for me looks like a steal. He and Thomas could be the next Peake and Kilcline or Babb and Atherton. He’ll be a premier league regular in time - hopefully with us.

Ccfcisparks

That’s the point - personal attacks arent necessary but calling a footballer shite isn’t the same and is fine
Think it’s not too disimilar to some of your posts about Biamou tbh.

I didn’t rate him as a footballer but for you to be acting holier than now is slightly ironic.

Theonlywayisskyblue

We sit high up in the FZ and it was noticeable at the start of the season how many runs Simms was making which weren't spotted by his team mates - or they didn't have the confidence to play him in. In either case it takes time for these things to gel. I'm sure this is why KP is now ahead of COH as he is finding Simms on a regular basis - as COH always used to find Godden. Wright always looked the more likely at the start of the season to me and always threatened with his pace. When players become a team the magic starts to happen - and that takes time. Patience is not a virtue of most of us as football fans 🤣 :rolleyes: PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

We sit high up in the FZ and it was noticeable at the start of the season how many runs Simms was making which weren't spotted by his team mates - or they didn't have the confidence to play him in. In either case it takes time for these things to gel. I'm sure this is why KP is now ahead of COH as he is finding Simms on a regular basis - as COH always used to find Godden. Wright always looked the more likely at the start of the season to me and always threatened with his pace. When players become a team the magic starts to happen - and that takes time. Patience is not a virtue of most of us as football fans 🤣 :rolleyes: PUSB
COH does have an annoying habit of slowing play down in the opposition half at times. It’s not always a bad thing but Simms, Wright and even Gyokeres last season looked more threatening when we’re more direct.

Grendel

Think it’s not too disimilar to some of your posts about Biamou tbh.

I didn’t rate him as a footballer but for you to be acting holier than now is slightly ironic.

I wasn’t personally offensive in the way godden Wright and Simms have been - Shipley also had terrible abuse

Users who are viewing this thread