Recruitment has been shocking (4 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

His attacking play has come on leaps and bounds from his early season form . I genuinely think he will go on to play at the highest level( hopefully with us ) as he has every natural attribute for the modern full back
I don't disagree with the above I'm just surprised it was his attacking play that needs more work I have always wondered if it's a confidence thing as no one will beat him In a race defensively but going forward he seems a lot less sure if that. Over all I think he's class and has room to improve!

covcity4life

I don't disagree with the above I'm just surprised it was his attacking play that needs more work I have always wondered if it's a confidence thing as no one will beat him In a race defensively but going forward he seems a lot less sure if that. Over all I think he's class and has room to improve!
Feels like midfield is the missing piece. No one seems to be consistent next to sheaf.

Hopefully torp is that man but wouldn't mind bringing in another central midfielder in summer to really push the first 11 on.

Hamer?....

Balli001

Feels like midfield is the missing piece. No one seems to be consistent next to sheaf.

Hopefully torp is that man but wouldn't mind bringing in another central midfielder in summer to really push the first 11 on.

Hamer?....
Isn't it rumoured we have an option to buy the peterborough midfielder

Osullivan18

I'll admit, there was a point in November I was genuinely worried about this team, lack of goals and the manners we were conceding were poor, but the performances were also just not there and I would have taken survival. I thought Simms was L1 at best. I was only happy with Sakamoto and MVE. So happy to be proved wrong.

I think I was disappointed as I remember Robins doing an interview before the season saying how the fans should be excited about this group.

Brighton Sky Blue

There is a lesson in here for those of us who perennially jump the gun on these things. That said, after PNE we were hovering above the drop zone, playing poor football, conceding soft goals and the manager looked a bit lost for the first time in a long time.

People were right to be concerned I think

alexccfc99

There is a lesson in here for those of us who perennially jump the gun on these things. That said, after PNE we were hovering above the drop zone, playing poor football, conceding soft goals and the manager looked a bit lost for the first time in a long time.

I don't think they were - the season was in it's infancy

There was always something there and we would always pull away once everyone got settled and we worked out how to get the best out of these players

Martin180

Of course we should’ve been concerned but some of the comments were way over the top , and as for the comments about some of the players and Robins ………

Grendel

Being wrong about players is one thing. Abusive character assassination is another.

That’s the point - personal attacks arent necessary but calling a footballer shite isn’t the same and is fine

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think they were - the season was in it's infancy

There was always something there and we would always pull away once everyone got settled and we worked out how to get the best out of these players
It took abandoning the wing back system for form to drastically improve which is a slight concern given how much was spent on players to suit it.

We have found a way to reinvent the side which is great, but it’s clear that our Plan A just didn’t work. Really not helped by Gus pissing off in August I’ll admit

Otis

I'll admit, there was a point in November I was genuinely worried about this team, lack of goals and the manners we were conceding were poor, but the performances were also just not there and I would have taken survival. I thought Simms was L1 at best. I was only happy with Sakamoto and MVE. So happy to be proved wrong.

I think I was disappointed as I remember Robins doing an interview before the season saying how the fans should be excited about this group.
Yeah, but there is a massive difference between saying a new player has been shite so far and he IS shite and declaring him a bad signing.

Many were too dismissive, far too early and were writing players off completely.

Where are all the people now who were laughing at and mocking the posters who said maybe give the players a chance to gel? 🤔😂

Clearly WAS the case wasn't it. Took time for it all to come together and to see the true worth of the likes of Wright, Simms, Kitching and Thomas.

alexccfc99

Yeah, but there is a massive difference between saying a new player has been shite so far and he IS shite and declaring him a bad signing.

Many were too dismissive, far too early and were writing players off completely.

Where are all the people now who were laughing at and mocking the posters who said give he players a chance to gel? 🤔😂

Clearly WAS the case wasn't it. Took time for it all to come together and to see the true worth of the likes of Wright, Simms, Kitching and Thomas.
Yep, I was labelled a 'happy clapper' and a 'super fan' for not berating all of our new players and for saying they needed a little more time than usual to settle in

harvey098

Here we go again….

If the insinuation is anything to do with race, I think it’s very clear that’s bollcoks - you seem to be on the morally right side of any of those arguments historically.

Also you also had a long hatred of Maddison, Hamer, Robins etc so I think it’s more of a rubbish ability to spot talent as opposed to anything to do with race 😆

Saddlebrains

Being wrong about players is one thing. Abusive character assassination is another.

I bet they will be gutted about that

Reckon they trawl through here aswell like the coaching team of whoever we're playing that week?

This place is mocked on Twitter, tried fighting the forum cause a few times on there but fuck me it's hard sometimes

SeaSeeEffCee

Look guys, I already said it around the time of the Leicester game and I’ll say it again here seeing as it’s become a topic of discussion again. I know I posted a lot of shite at the start of the season, and I was very clearly wrong about a lot of the new players. I know I have a bad habit of being very reactionary while the games are going on and being overly negative when things aren’t going great. I’ll own those posts, it’s whatever, I’m glad they’ve come back to bite me on the arse because it just shows that the team has massive improved which is what we all want really.

Apologies specifically to @alexccfc99. I was a right knob to you after either Cardiff or Rotherham I think it was, completely needless and you have of course been proven correct as the season has progressed 👍

Martin180

Look guys, I already said it around the time of the Leicester game and I’ll say it again here seeing as it’s become a topic of discussion again. I know I posted a lot of shite at the start of the season, and I was very clearly wrong about a lot of the new players. I know I have a bad habit of being very reactionary while the games are going on and being overly negative when things aren’t going great. I’ll own those posts, it’s whatever, I’m glad they’ve come back to bite me on the arse because it just shows that the team has massive improved which is what we all want really.

Apologies specifically to @alexccfc99. I was a right knob to you after either Cardiff or Rotherham I think it was, completely needless and you have of course been proven correct as the season has progressed 👍
Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

alexccfc99

No need to apologise, no grudges held on my part and regardless of how much I disagree with someone nothing is ever viewed as personal for me

Brighton Sky Blue

I bet they will be gutted about that

Reckon they trawl through here aswell like the coaching team of whoever we're playing that week?

This place is mocked on Twitter, tried fighting the forum cause a few times on there but fuck me it's hard sometimes
Twitter, Facebook, here, whatever, it’s still mostly grown men writing about other grown men on the internet. The first two are cesspits in any case

covcity4life

Twitter, Facebook, here, whatever, it’s still mostly grown men writing about other grown men on the internet. The first two are cesspits in any case
Ya don't go on first two anymore. I think here is more of a hardcore fan base in terms of caring about ccfc 247 etc at least. It's more casual on twitter and fb

Brighton Sky Blue

Ya don't go on first two anymore. I think here is more of a hardcore fan base in terms of caring about ccfc 247 etc at least. It's more casual on twitter and fb
Twitter is where the most moronic player abuse happens from what I see. Also where some really embarrassing stuff gets written between our fans and those from other clubs.

Grendel

A heartwarming message of tolerance from the man who said “the Jewish population generally is the most racist population on earth”

That’s an interesting scoop Mr Basildon Journo - where did I say that?

Users who are viewing this thread