Recruitment has been shocking (2 Viewers)

SBT

Dasilva certainly didn’t have a great game but he definitely didn’t have a “very bad” one either. I don’t think there’s much controversy to be gleaned from this one.

Martin180

Dasilva certainly didn’t have a great game but he definitely didn’t have a “very bad” one either. I don’t think there’s much controversy to be gleaned from this one.
On the match thread someone posted they would be happy to never see him in a sky blue shirt again !
And it wasn't Grendel

SkyblueTexan

Teams target JDS for a reason. He’s so short and not very fast that you can easily lob the ball over him and have a pacy winger outrun him. Coincidentally our recent good run of form started after JDS was removed from the starting lineup and Bidwell took his place.

As for the midfield, I think Eccles or Lati are far more careful with the ball than Sheaf who tends to make the errant pass or foul at the most inopportune moments during a match.

While Palmer has improved, he can’t play more than 60 minutes which is frustrating. Same with COH. But I understand both are working to regain their fitness.

Allen and Godden have been very disappointing the last few matches and look lost. Simms has no end product (scoring from the goal line is not a big deal).

On the positive side Collins, the improving Thomas and Wright of late, MVE, Saka, Kitching, Binks, Lati appear to have gelled.

Hope in the Jan window we can get a midfield general and extend COH. Would also be great if we could add more depth in terms of versatile players who can cover multiple positions, but will be tough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well you rated Allen the same as Sheaf and Palmer and above Dasilva. What do you think he did to deserve that? He was responsible for the first goal and gave the ball away on numerous occasions. I am not anti-Allen but he was poor tonight. Seriously how can you say he was as good as Palmer and Sheaf on tonight's performance??
I explained why on there too. Dasilva was getting exploited countless times with balls over the top and in behind as he lacks pace and height. First goal he gets beaten for height and it happened again not long after but got saved by a terrible finish.

The opposition focused most of their attacks that way for a good reason.

higgs

I explained why on there too. Dasilva was getting exploited countless times with balls over the top and in behind as he lacks pace and height. First goal he gets beaten for height and it happened again not long after but got saved by a terrible finish.

He's poor I don't see why we tried so hard to sign him I'd be shocked if he sees out his 4 yr contract here.simply not good enough for a team challenging to get into the premiership. He cuts back all the time and plays the ball inside he is an accident waiting to happen. We need a left back to offer us width he's too one footed for me it's a no

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Whether you rate Dasilva or not, I do find it weird that anyone would pretend he wasn't really poor last night. Swansea figured it out pretty quickly, I just wish Robins did.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Whether you rate Dasilva or not, I do find it weird that anyone would pretend he wasn't really poor last night. Swansea figured it out pretty quickly, I just wish Robins did.

He also ignored the ball down the line to Wright multiple times. I don’t think he’s a bad player necessarily and I have defended him earlier in the season, but he was a real weak link last night.

TomRad85

He also ignored the ball down the line to Wright multiple times. I don’t think he’s a bad player necessarily and I have defended him earlier in the season, but he was a real weak link last night.
I think his confidence went pretty quickly last night. Didn't look comfortable at all.

Adge

It was obvious from the off that Swansea targeted that side. DaSilva didn’t cover himself in glory at all but he has a good song so all is well.

Cally Fedora

Dasilva is basically not good enough defensively and never will be. That’s his game. He’s tidy enough on the ball and can make and receive a pass. He’s a useful squad player at this level. But when he plays in a flat back 4 there will be an opportunity for any opposition down his flank.

procdoc

He was absolutely fine and better than Bidwell has been in the last few matches.
I disagree. They targeted the left hand side as they knew it was out r weakness. Dasilva can’t defend and he’s not great going forward. We are also stuck with him for 4 years now, I just think he’s garbage

fernandopartridge

I disagree. They targeted the left hand side as they knew it was out r weakness. Dasilva can’t defend and he’s not great going forward. We are also stuck with him for 4 years now, I just think he’s garbage
I don't think he's that bad but he's definitely inferior to Bidwell and not a good use of a 4 year deal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

He was absolutely fine and better than Bidwell has been in the last few matches.

Most posters on the ratings thread rated him as one of the poorest performers

Grendel

On the match thread someone posted they would be happy to never see him in a sky blue shirt again !
And it wasn't Grendel

Ive said he’s just a mediocre 6 out of 10 at best and so fairly pointless to offer a 4 year deal for such a player on probably fairly high wages. He’s never going to attract a fee to sell and unlikely will be ever in demand elsewhere

Grendel

@DannyThomas_1981 will be on soon to educate your lack of football knowledge

Martin180

Ive said he’s just a mediocre 6 out of 10 at best and so fairly pointless to offer a 4 year deal for such a player on probably fairly high wages. He’s never going to attract a fee to sell and unlikely will be ever in demand elsewhere
I thought he started the season well enough but isn't a natural left back for me

DannyThomas_1981

@DannyThomas_1981 will be on soon to educate your lack of football knowledge
Every season and honestly every game there seems to be a need by some to discredit and target individual players.

It’s getting to the point where I don’t even look at social media during a game (if we are losing - call the fucking Samaritans is my best advice given some of the hysterics) or for a few days after a defeat. I’ve already lost count of the number of players targeted this season - and predictably also the manager if we are out of form. It’s a minority but it’s there across all of social media.

We all have a bias towards certain players but rushing to judge players on performances with all of the different dynamics on and off the pitch (which most of us including me don’t understand at this elite level) - probably not useful.

Constructive criticism might be more useful vs. the need to single out and write players off - there are 1000s of different dynamics impacting a game and it’s all too easy to point the finger at individuals if we lose.

We have the foundations of a very good squad here - I’m not interested in targeting the latest player on the list. Onto tomorrow and an exciting second half of the season.

SBbucks

He does look a player, scored a cracking goal against Leeds, and looked a right handful. Plays same position as Wright is?

He’s on loan for the season at PNE so they are hardly going to send him back early to Basel just so that Basel can sell him to one of PNE’s rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

He’s on loan for the season at PNE so they are hardly going to send him back early to Basel just so that Basel can sell him to one of PNE’s rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure I have read Basel will sell.

skybluecam

This thread title gets more hilarious by the week.

With the exception of Ayari, who’s a loan anyway I can’t think of any signings that could be described as shocking.

Simms has a way to go but I have faith and Dasilva looks like a bit of a square peg in a round hole now we’re playing a 4 back but the rest are all looking like great signings.

PVA

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

Gibbo

All the players with the exception of Ayari have performed to a greater or lesser extent and we no longer play wing backs that Da Silva is best suited to. In particular the defence based on an aging McFadz and loans is now much better.

But it is factual to say that our two best players have not been replaced - Hamer not at all, less surprisingly no like-for-like for Big Vik. The emergence of Wright has partly offset losing Vik but he is a different sort of player.

A team is the sum of the parts and we are strongly ahead in the areas that have been improved and that is partly offset by the loss of Hamer and Vik. I do miss Vik's swagger

Gibbo

....and I should say, that despite a poor performance today against Boro, there are still question marks over Collins. I thought Ruddy was different class when Brum were here. Commanded the area

Cally Fedora

....and I should say, that despite a poor performance today against Boro, there are still question marks over Collins. I thought Ruddy was different class when Brum were here. Commanded the area
Ruddy was very good. He must be knocking on a bit now though?

Users who are viewing this thread