Records From Acts You Dislike ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I've never been a fan of Blur but really like Song 2 a record of theirs that's currently being played on a telly advert. Which got me thinking about other songs I like from acts I dislike. Like Crazy Horses by the Osmond's, which was a bit rocky from a cheesy group. Any other suggestions ?

eastwoodsdustman

I love New Order and have seen them about 10 times through a preiod when they rarely did much live. I can take or leave Blue Monday though.
I hate guns and roses but love the intro to sweet child of mine.

bringbackrattles

Watching Simple Minds on the telly I saw them live at Milton Keynes Bowl years ago.My mate was into them but watching that concert I became a big fan of them as they were brilliant.Sometimes bands are better live than listening to them on your stereo etc.

Captain Dart

Watching Simple Minds on the telly I saw them live at Milton Keynes Bowl years ago.My mate was into them but watching that concert I became a big fan of them as they were brilliant.Sometimes bands are better live than listening to them on your stereo etc.
Now that's a band I can't stand. :D

dancers lance

I've never been a fan of Blur but really like Song 2 a record of theirs that's currently being played on a telly advert. Which got me thinking about other songs I like from acts I dislike. Like Crazy Horses by the Osmond's, which was a bit rocky from a cheesy group. Any other suggestions ?
I'm the same with Blur I either totally dislike a track by them or really like it, nothing in the middle. I've never had much time for the Stereophonics but I love Dakota by them.

bringbackrattles

I'm the same with Blur I either totally dislike a track by them or really like it, nothing in the middle. I've never had much time for the Stereophonics but I love Dakota by them.
Stereophonics are my sons favourite band. I listened to one of their albums and they're okay. I got my lad to listen to Hendrix,Stones,and Bowie when he was a teenager,and he loved all three !

Otis

Really dislike the Spice Girls, but there is one single of theirs that I do like. Can't think what it's called.

Same with the Backstreet Boys. Don't like any of their stuff, but the single 'Everybody,' I do really like a lot.

Then with the reverse, I do quite like Abba, but the one song of theirs I can't stand that everyone seemingly drools like crazy over, I hate with a passion! That's Dancing Queen, which I think is a dreadful record.
Same too with Dexy's Midnight Runners. Love Geno and Jackie Wilson Says, but despise Come on Eileen.

bringbackrattles

A bloke put Rubber Bullets by 10CC on the jukebox recently,and it sounded good but disliked it when it first came out. As for Abba my dad who liked his music loved them but I couldn't stand them.He liked Jim Reeves and Perry Como so I was surprised he liked Abba !

Otis

Great record.

Are you saying this is the only track of theirs you like?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

I loved Supergrass when they first came out and this I do believe was their first ever single. Got a real punk feel about it.

Otis

I believe that's the point of this thread ;)

Erm there's also this, rather embarassingly!

Yeah, got that, but was very surprised to hear that, as I think they have made a number of great little records to go alongside the Feel Alright stuff.

dancers lance

Really dislike the Spice Girls, but there is one single of theirs that I do like. Can't think what it's called.

Same with the Backstreet Boys. Don't like any of their stuff, but the single 'Everybody,' I do really like a lot.

Then with the reverse, I do quite like Abba, but the one song of theirs I can't stand that everyone seemingly drools like crazy over, I hate with a passion! That's Dancing Queen, which I think is a dreadful record.
Same too with Dexy's Midnight Runners. Love Geno and Jackie Wilson Says, but despise Come on Eileen.
I have many musical "guilty pleasures"....

Rasputin - Boney M
Chanson d'amour - Manhattan Transfer
All Around My Hat - Steeleye Span
Stay Another Day - East 17
Nelly Furtado - All Good Things

To name just a few,

I could go on all night.

Captain Dart

That was my opinion on them till I saw them live. There doing an acoustic session on radio 2 and live on the telly,and its good. Might change your mind ?

No I saw a few mins of it, not my cuppa. Whiney Scottish singer.

Captain Dart

I loved Supergrass when they first came out and this I do believe was their first ever single. Got a real punk feel about it.

Love that one, ISTR Gaz did live acoustic version on TV year or 2 ago.

Malaka

I used to like the Osmonds. I was watching an interview with them a short time ago and they actually wanted to be a prog rock band, but the teeny bopper ting came in and they supported Donny. They were quite philosophical about it.
As for records by shit bands I love Viva Forever by the Spice Girls and there are also a couple of Take That songs that I like. But of course I would never admit that being a bad ass biker well into heavy metal.

Malaka

I never liked ABBA until I got older. I hated the whole Two Tone thing and as for Dexy's the lead singer was shocking, I always felt he sounded like he was going to burst into tears at any moment, shockingly bad and don't get me started on the Police AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!

rd45

I never liked ABBA until I got older. I hated the whole Two Tone thing and as for Dexy's the lead singer was shocking, I always felt he sounded like he was going to burst into tears at any moment, shockingly bad and don't get me started on the Police AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!

TBH that's exactly what I love about Kevin Rowland - he's got his heart on his sleeve. I'm with you on The Police though.

But not two tone. If I had nothing but ska to listen to for the rest of my life, I'd be happy enough.

bringbackrattles

Have you been dragged along to a concert and then come away saying that was pretty good ? For me my mate had a spare ticket to see Blondie at the Villa Leisure Centre in Brum,he said we can have a good drink before so I was up for that. I was expecting a pop concert,but it turned out she'd gone more into Rock/Heavy music,and it was brilliant. She looked a bit fat and drugged up to be honest,but who cared as the place was rocking !

clint van damme

Have you been dragged along to a concert and then come away saying that was pretty good ? For me my mate had a spare ticket to see Blondie at the Villa Leisure Centre in Brum,he said we can have a good drink before so I was up for that. I was expecting a pop concert,but it turned out she'd gone more into Rock/Heavy music,and it was brilliant. She looked a bit fat and drugged up to be honest,but who cared as the place was rocking !

That's my schoolboy crush you're talking about BBR!
As for dragged along to gigs and ending up enjoying them, loads! Including Coldplay and Kylie Minogue, but don't tell anyone!

bringbackrattles

A group of us went to loads of concerts especially Monsters of Rock each summer and before the headline act came on you'd watch lesser bands etc.
I was impressed by OMD who got the crowd going,and we all said we weren't expecting that !

robbieray

I used to like the Osmonds. I was watching an interview with them a short time ago and they actually wanted to be a prog rock band, but the teeny bopper ting came in and they supported Donny. They were quite philosophical about it.
As for records by shit bands I love Viva Forever by the Spice Girls and there are also a couple of Take That songs that I like. But of course I would never admit that being a bad ass biker well into heavy metal.
Osmonds were very good musicians

Malaka

A group of us went to loads of concerts especially Monsters of Rock each summer and before the headline act came on you'd watch lesser bands etc.
I was impressed by OMD who got the crowd going,and we all said we weren't expecting that !
You old fart! Cant remember OMD playing there. I first went in 81, AC/DC, Whitesnake B.O.C, Slade were excellent. Went again to see Metallica, Pantera, Machine Head, cant take the standing up all day anymore and can only take so many bottles of piss hitting me. My bald head is a target!!!! Bastards!

Users who are viewing this thread