Recommendations Please (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

Anyone able to recommend a decent local double-glazing company (NE Cov)?
My mum needs a new patio door, sharpish (it's pretty bad) and I'd like to set up a quote from someone completely trustworthy and reliable, but I have limited knowledge of local businesses these days.
She's on her own, and nearly 90, and quite nervous of strangers. Obvs I'll arrange it and be there when they quote, and when they install, but local knowledge would help the process!
Many thanks in advance.

Marty

Armour windows were brilliant when I had mine done, weren't the cheapest but did a great job and would have them back again.

Nick

Administrator
I had these sort me out a front window and a composite door and they were really good!

Didnt have the pushy salesmen or anything.

pipkin73

Wish i could remember who did mine, none of it was standard size and i wanted brown frames as the inside of my house had lots of wood. Cost a little more than white frames but worth every penny.
I had loads of quotes and they were not the cheapest, but had been going for years and i insisted on a 15 year guarantee to cover everything from foggy windows after a few years to brickwork breaking down due to poor workmanship (standard at the time was 10 years and good luck with foggy windows or the bricks around the frames breaking down) my best friend at the time fitted windows so recommended them (he only fitted wooden frames or else he would have done it for cost price and few beers)..
Like i said, i don't remember who done it but they really were great (and fitted around my work schedule).
If your interested let me know and i will pass on my old address (guarantee expired now (just, about 17 or 18 years) but the insurance on the work was transferable to the new owners so they might still have it or remember who it was.
I only done the first floor and have since seen pics of the other 2 floors work and very shabby in comparison (look older than what i had fitted), so just look at the first floors work if you go to look and remember they are about 17 years old now. Triple glazed for double glazed price, every window pushed outwards for safety in case of fire and you got 2 openings in the window for the price of one.

Kneeza

Well, it took a while, but finally mum got her new patio doors (viruses eh?).
I ended up using Armour per @Marty suggestion, and she is absolutely delighted with the results.
Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Sky_Blue_Daz

A &D glazing Based in coundon did ours great job and very reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread