Reasons to be cheerful (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Really proud of the team today. Yes, we weren't great, but the red card was out of order imo.

Once Marosi saved the pen, I thought it'd be our day! Not the best performance, but they dug in for 63 mins and got their reward.

Happy Happy Saturday! PUSB!

SkyblueTexan

Bristol City will be a massive test. Hope we pass it.

Mr Panda

If a players mindset is anything like mine then I'm not surprised today was a bit of a bad performance.

On Football Manager I can never be bothered with those initial league cup rounds at the start of the season. Never put effort or preparation into them, just want to play league games!

Hobo

The early sending off made it very difficult for us today.

We had to work really hard and there were lots of positives. We created as many chances as they did with 10 men.

This is the sort of tough game we needed fitness wise.

fatso

Here's a team that didn't start today

Wilson

Dabo
Ostigard
Rose
Dacosta

Kelly
Sheaf
Jones
Hilssner

Walker
Bakayoko
I’m glad we didn’t face that team today, we would of got a good hiding.

Frostie

Here's a team that didn't start today

Wilson

Dabo
Ostigard
Rose
Dacosta

Kelly
Sheaf
Jones
Hilssner

Walker
Bakayoko

Plus Mason, Jobello, Biamou, Bapaga, Eccles & some of the other fringe youngsters such as Burroughs, Rowe etc.

ccfc92

We were in the same league as MK Dons last season, and we didn't beat them in the 3 games we played them. (home / away in the league and an EFL Trophy game)
We won there today playing with 10 men for most of the game.

That's a brilliant point there 🙌

Greggs

Sun is shining, Sky Blues won and Mrs Greggs is horny. Life is good. Enjoy your Sunday

mark82

No goals conceded in competitive football, and Dysdale unavailable for 3 matches.

Professional foul is a 1 match ban. Not sure Drysdale missing time is a positive anyway. He's a young lad just coming through, he's had a good pre-season. He likely wouldn't have played next week either way.

D

Deleted member 4439

Professional foul is a 1 match ban. Not sure Drysdale missing time is a positive anyway. He's a young lad just coming through, he's had a good pre-season. He likely wouldn't have played next week either way.

stand corrected; and yes I'm being a bit harsh on him, I know - he simply doesn't look ready yet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No goals conceded in competitive football, and Dysdale unavailable for 3 matches.

What are the rules re: sendings off this season? Is it just in the competition it occurs in or just any competition? Would Drysdale miss Bristol or the next round?

It shouldn't matter too much anyway if Osti is back for Bristol. Even if not Pask could move across and Burroughs/Rowe play RWB. Rose on the bench was encouraging but not sure throwing him straight into the Championship with no pre-season minutes is a good idea.

Just be nice to know should we pick up any more.

D

Deleted member 4439

According to the Scum, new rules introduced in 19/20

In the past, yellow cards picked up in the Premier League, football leagues, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be added up together.

This meant that five yellow cards across all competitions would result in a player missing one match - in whichever competition they should have been playing in next.

However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received.

Red cards will continue to count across all competitions.

Users who are viewing this thread