Reality check (2 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The best analogy I can think of for promotion is when we used have a magic circle in the school playground.

There used to be a massive puddle by the school gym and people would throw money in, whoever was brave enough would try and and grab the money and leg it.

They would be subject to a flurry of kicks and punches as well as people gobbing on them but come out with a bit of tuck money!!

We would come down from the Premier League, kicked to shit, covered in gob but with a bit of cash in our back pocket.

Also could you imagine the Meltdown Central when we're getting smashed most weeks, we could do a Luton but more than likely it would be Sheff Utd or Burnley!!
It’s like saying I’d rather lose tonight becuase we’re not gonna win the FA Cup and Man City may put 7 past us in the quarters.

it’s just a bizarre mentality, I don’t see Southampton thinking. Nah fancy going on 23 game unbeaten runs than be in the premier league

McLovin87

It’s like saying I’d rather lose tonight because we’re not gonna win the FA Cup and Man City may put 7 past us in the quarters.

it’s just a bizarre mentality, I don’t see Southampton thinking. Nah fancy going on 23 game unbeaten runs than be in the premier league
I want us to win tonight and get an away day at one of the big boys, same reason I'd wants us to go up and visit some of the big boys away. Can you imagine some of our fans though when we're in the Premier League after the meltdown they were having at the start of the season & after Friday night, they are totally delusional.

Look at Burnley, they pissed the league and are getting smashed regularly, this forum and other forums would be unbearable if we went up!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I want us to win tonight and get an away day at one of the big boys, same reason I'd wants us to go up and visit some of the big boys away. Can you imagine some of our fans though when we're in the Premier League after the meltdown they were having at the start of the season & after Friday night, they are totally delusional.

Look at Burnley, they pissed the league and are getting smashed regularly, this forum and other forums would be unbearable if we went up!
I dunno - I remember the same comments when we come up to this league. Majority of fans that first 2 seasons knew what to expect.

let’s face it - we’ve gained a bit of swagger and arrogance back. Like we belong where we are. Other teams fans have picked up on this. The winning expectation has returned. We’ve spent so long in the shit we’ve forgot that feeling - that’s why there’s meltdowns. It’s no different to other clubs at our level

Grendel

They've gambled on getting promotion. We did similar last season with the loans but we didn't spend big like Hull have. If they don't go up, their FFP is going to hurt. And their TV owning chairman can't help that much.

Rosenior was quoted at the start of the month that they've balanced their books for FFP. Doesn't look like it. 9 out (8 loans) and 7 in (4 loans) means a heavy weight on their wage bill. And I don't mean Billy Sharp sitting on the books.

Players In
Billy Sharp (free)
Ivor Pandur - Fortuna Sittard (undisclosed)
Fabio Carvalho - Liverpool (loan)
Ryan Giles - Luton Town (loan with option to buy)
Noah Ohio - Standard Liege (loan)
Abdulkadir Omur - Trabzonspor (undisclosed)
Anass Zaroury - Burnley (loan)

Players out

Oscar Estupinan - Bahia (loan with a view to a permanent move)
Harry Vaughan - Bristol Rovers (loan)
Ryan Woods - Exeter City (loan)
Will Jarvis - Shelbourne (loan)
Yuriel Celi - Club Universitario de Deportes (loan)
Harry Wood - Grimsby Town (loan)
Thimothee Lo-Tutala - Doncaster Rovers (loan)
Andy Smith - Cheltenham Town (loan)
Dogukan Sinik - Hatayspor (loan)

Why will FFP hurt?

Hertsccfc

They've gambled on getting promotion. We did similar last season with the loans but we didn't spend big like Hull have. If they don't go up, their FFP is going to hurt. And their TV owning chairman can't help that much.

Rosenior was quoted at the start of the month that they've balanced their books for FFP. Doesn't look like it. 9 out (8 loans) and 7 in (4 loans) means a heavy weight on their wage bill. And I don't mean Billy Sharp sitting on the books.

Players In
Billy Sharp (free)
Ivor Pandur - Fortuna Sittard (undisclosed)
Fabio Carvalho - Liverpool (loan)
Ryan Giles - Luton Town (loan with option to buy)
Noah Ohio - Standard Liege (loan)
Abdulkadir Omur - Trabzonspor (undisclosed)
Anass Zaroury - Burnley (loan)

Players out

Oscar Estupinan - Bahia (loan with a view to a permanent move)
Harry Vaughan - Bristol Rovers (loan)
Ryan Woods - Exeter City (loan)
Will Jarvis - Shelbourne (loan)
Yuriel Celi - Club Universitario de Deportes (loan)
Harry Wood - Grimsby Town (loan)
Thimothee Lo-Tutala - Doncaster Rovers (loan)
Andy Smith - Cheltenham Town (loan)
Dogukan Sinik - Hatayspor (loan)
Well that looks like a great transformation to me. Brought in some real quality there.

Happy_Martian

Well that looks like a great transformation to me. Brought in some real quality there.

Their loan outs are all low quality to lower ranked teams. Compared to high quality loan ins. The squad is still good and they should be looking at the playoffs. But the finances will be the problem if they fail.

Grendel

Their loan outs are all low quality to lower ranked teams. Compared to high quality loan ins. The squad is still good and they should be looking at the playoffs. But the finances will be the problem if they fail.

Why? It’s no issue with FFP - how is it?

Hertsccfc

I don't know the details of their finances but if I was a fan of Hull I would be happy about the massive improvement in the quality of players.

Wish we had brought in some of those players as it could well mean they get into the play offs at our expense.

SBbucks

Why do you want “one of the big boys” away? Madness. Anyone at home for me, the smaller the better. The big boys will come eventually if we do well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I would dearly love to see City back in the Premier League. I'm old enough to remember being there when we got promoted to Division One (the former top league). I never dreamed we'd stay there for 34 years, and one of the few teams never to have been relegated. Sure, we had some poor relegation threatened seasons, but always somehow managing to stay up. These are the memories I will always cherish, as well as my few years as a steward at Highfield Rd. Do I think we'll make the play offs? I doubt we will this season, but I have so much faith in Mark and his backroom staff, I believe promotion is soon on the cards. Will we stay there? Remains to be seen, but knowing the manager, he'll be making sure, along with Kingy, that we'll be doing our damndest! Anyway, that's my two pence worth. Love from an old fart!

Skyblue Bangkok

I would dearly love to see City back in the Premier League. I'm old enough to remember being there when we got promoted to Division One (the former top league). I never dreamed we'd stay there for 34 years, and one of the few teams never to have been relegated. Sure, we had some poor relegation threatened seasons, but always somehow managing to stay up. These are the memories I will always cherish, as well as my few years as a steward at Highfield Rd. Do I think we'll make the play offs? I doubt we will this season, but I have so much faith in Mark and his backroom staff, I believe promotion is soon on the cards. Will we stay there? Remains to be seen, but knowing the manager, he'll be making sure, along with Kingy, that we'll be doing our damndest! Anyway, that's my two pence worth. Love from an old fart!

Well said and articulated from a fellow old fart.

Users who are viewing this thread