Reality check (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

What are you arguing about then? Most of your time is just spent having digs about Grendel anyway.

Yes, conceding a goal was a reflection of the game as it was obvious. If I remember Pete was also saying we were comfortable and didn't look like conceding (I assume because we were 4th)

What the fuck have you been smoking? Get back to taxi jokes. You seem to be the one trying to argue for the sake of it.

Might have to go into hiding when you realise bright isn't going to ever play for us too.
We didn’t look like conceding until the header. Whcih was a bloody good one. Not because we were 4th but because although they were getting more of the ball they didn’t look like scoring

Grendel

We didn’t look like conceding until the header. Whcih was a bloody good one. Not because we were 4th but because although they were getting more of the ball they didn’t look like scoring

they almost scored from a header in the first 5 minutes?

Grendel

The one that Moore saved?

yes and if someone followed up it would have been a goal Dabo also had a stupid slide in the box which was wild and then the cross could easily have been converted

CDK

Good games and bad games young players have them ,think pionts wise we are about right.if over course of season we can get 19 pionts more from the aways that's 5 wins and 4draws then think I'd settle for that.

usskyblue

What are you arguing about then? Most of your time is just spent having digs about Grendel anyway.

Yes, conceding a goal was a reflection of the game as it was obvious. If I remember Pete was also saying we were comfortable and didn't look like conceding (I assume because we were 4th)

What the fuck have you been smoking? Get back to taxi jokes. You seem to be the one trying to argue for the sake of it.

Might have to go into hiding when you realise bright isn't going to ever play for us too.

It’s a bit fucking rich having a ‘moderator’ that’s a WUM.. a shit one… but a WUM. There’s zero point in trying to have a discussion with you. It’s all exaggerated gainsay and utter bollox.

Conceding is a reflection of the game’ ? And ‘it was obvious’ isn’t the ‘discussion’ is it ? And you’re asking what I’m smoking ?

Your obsession with Grendel is at levels way beyond my time and energy.

Grendel

I see sky blue kid ended up emigrating to the US

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s a bit fucking rich having a ‘moderator’ that’s a WUM.. a shit one… but a WUM. There’s zero point in trying to have a discussion with you. It’s all exaggerated gainsay and utter bollox.

Conceding is a reflection of the game’ ? And ‘it was obvious’ isn’t the ‘discussion’ is it ? And you’re asking what I’m smoking ?

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Pete

yes and if someone followed up it would have been a goal Dabo also had a stupid slide in the box which was wild and then the cross could easily have been converted
It went wide for a corner. Look you say it was coming but you say that in lots of games but we’ve not lost a lead since March

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I'm not planning to read all the posts on here. I think the post thread reality check has a lot of value. It not easy at all at this level these days. Coventry are a very good team and playing a good style which seems to be recognised nationally. We are a very good side amongst a bunch of other very good sides. To be in top six is very hard but skill wise that's certainly within our grasp. There are a lot of other factors that can get in the way and derail that ie squad size and injuries etc. What I would say is the quality we , great support base that is really enjoying themselves is obviously helpful to our cause.

Grendel

It went wide for a corner. Look you say it was coming but you say that in lots of games but we’ve not lost a lead since March

I don’t think I do and anyway we concede first a lot

Sky Blue Pete

I'm not planning to read all the posts on here. I think the post thread reality check has a lot of value. It not easy at all at this level these days. Coventry are a very good team and playing a good style which seems to be recognised nationally. We are a very good side amongst a bunch of other very good sides. To be in top six is very hard but skill wise that's certainly within our grasp. There are a lot of other factors that can get in the way and derail that ie squad size and injuries etc. What I would say is the quality we , great support base that is really enjoying themselves is obviously helpful to our cause.
Yep and a fit gyokeres may well have changed the outcome on Wednesday

Grendel

You need to go and get therapy - you sound ridiculous

blunted

Start of the season I thought we would make an incremental progress to lower mid table. What has happened so far has been awesome the away record being the only downside. There are a lot of dinosaur managers in the Championship and they are targeting our quality players with endless fouls and frankly attempts to take them out of the game. What I find totally frustrating is the lip service the football powers make to allowing the quality players to play, while the referees who are their representatives on the pitch allow the thugs to prosper. Godden rightly gets a two match ban for simulation, one Blackburn midfielder and centre half should have been sent off. There are lots of reasons why we lost at Preston but a contributing factor was Gyo and O'Hare not being fully fit due to two games of being kicked from pillar to post. We are no angels, (Kane can be a bit of a throwback) but I do think we are more stop the opposition playing rather than try to cripple them.

SlowerThanPlatt

Start of the season I thought we would make an incremental progress to lower mid table. What has happened so far has been awesome the away record being the only downside. There are a lot of dinosaur managers in the Championship and they are targeting our quality players with endless fouls and frankly attempts to take them out of the game. What I find totally frustrating is the lip service the football powers make to allowing the quality players to play, while the referees who are their representatives on the pitch allow the thugs to prosper. Godden rightly gets a two match ban for simulation, one Blackburn midfielder and centre half should have been sent off. There are lots of reasons why we lost at Preston but a contributing factor was Gyo and O'Hare not being fully fit due to two games of being kicked from pillar to post. We are no angels, (Kane can be a bit of a throwback) but I do think we are more stop the opposition playing rather than try to cripple them.

A lot of the fouls on O’Hare are down to his indecision on the ball. Niggly ones not deserving of a yellow. He’d better be of as a player and us as a team if he could play quicker

blunted

A lot of the fouls on O’Hare are down to his indecision on the ball. Niggly ones not deserving of a yellow. He’d better be of as a player and us as a team if he could play quicker
Disagree, there is a reason he is the most fouled player in the Championship and MR agrees that it is the only way they can stop him. They queue up to foul him (share the fouls so they don't get a yellow). The refs are drawn in every time. Add up all the times O'Hare is fouled and he gets nothing and it is scary the fouls against him per match. MR says he comes off the pitch with cuts and bruises every match. I really don't get the indecision comment. He gets fouled as he is too quick for the opposition.

SlowerThanPlatt

Disagree, there is a reason he is the most fouled player in the Championship and MR agrees that it is the only way they can stop him. They queue up to foul him (share the fouls so they don't get a yellow). The refs are drawn in every time. Add up all the times O'Hare is fouled and he gets nothing and it is scary the fouls against him per match. MR says he comes off the pitch with cuts and bruises every match. I really don't get the indecision comment. He gets fouled as he is too quick for the opposition.

It’s interesting looking at it, second most fouled player is Swansea’s left back and third Peterborough’s centre back according to Whoscored

Offhegoes

O’Hare is a warrior, rarely needs treatment or stays down. Gets up, has a word with the ref, and carries on. Joy to watch. He got no protection from referees last season, and he won’t get any this season.

Great_Expectations

Part of the issue (if you want to call it that) with starting so well is we all get greedy.

We are expecting to do well each game, as we’ve become accustomed to winning and on the whole good performances. Which is partly why games like Preson and Luton are especially shit and cause emotive overreactions on here.

We’re a good enough in a strong league, no reason we can’t be challenging. Recruitment in Jan will be interesting.

Irish Sky Blue

I think that is way off the mark. A foul is a foul, it's not dependant on how long a player holds onto the ball. Anyone who has watched our games this season knows that O'Hare is targeted by opposition teams, often for rotation fouls. His treatment at Barnsley and Blackpool was shocking. At Blackburn on Saturday he was fouled on the left touchline in the first few minutes (not given) which left him limping heavily. A Preston defender went right through him in the first half simple sliding in taking his legs away. I can understand his frustration as he is often kicked and nothing given.

Nick

Administrator

What are you on about now?

What is exaggerated?

The fuck is wrong with you? You seem more obsessed with Grendel than most, you repeat things he says a bit much.

You can't have discussions recently it seems. Just jump in posting shite Grendel has said.

SlowerThanPlatt

Nick is more important than that. He’s the admin

ms639

Is this a reality check or just what 99% of people believe anyway.

We can be happy at a great start to the season and a club and squad moving in a positive direction while also being annoyed at them playing terribly and chucking away a win.

This, this is the post. It’s not binary, we’re allowed to be buzzing at our start and fuming at an individual performance. People making out that we aren’t able to be annoyed about the Preston game because we’ve started well, the 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usskyblue

This, this is the post. It’s not binary, we’re allowed to be buzzing at our start and fuming at an individual performance. People making out that we aren’t able to be annoyed about the Preston game because we’ve started well, the 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with LG and with you. It’s the over the top abuse of players when we concede or lose a game that some people (including me) struggle to understand.

usskyblue

What are you on about now?

What is exaggerated?

The fuck is wrong with you? You seem more obsessed with Grendel than most, you repeat things he says a bit much.

You can't have discussions recently it seems. Just jump in posting shite Grendel has said.

Totally avoiding the point…again. Instead throwing shade about Grendel.. (when I honestly can’t tell where you finish and he begins.)

What the fuck is wrong with me? You’re the one that’s having a hard time addressing a single point that’s being made. Instead you come back with shit like this. And when challenged about the abuse spouted at players you type out: ‘Conceding is a reflection of the game’ ? And ‘it was obvious

Trying to work out if you’re on the wind-up or if you really don’t get it.

Users who are viewing this thread