Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

All gone quiet hasn't it?

Are Championship/Prem teams on their hols right now? Might see stuff moving in a week or two.

Yeah I recon we are in for a quiet week possibly two. We got our early pre planned stuff done already which was good but once the Champ is totally over and the players have had a week or 2 off things will have to move pretty quick.

I think it's wise to wait see how the market lies once the dust has settled on the playoffs. This short summer window is gonna see an unprecedented churn of players across the leagues. Could be some real gems going cheap/free if we shop wisely and don't panic

Cant remember whats still up in the air for the Prem teams European qualification which could effect what young players are available for loan. There is still FA cup and both European cups to be played. once all thats decided the bigger prem clubs will know if they need to keep youngsters for Europa league etc

covcity4life

When is pboro friendly?

People were worried but i think it's good that we are in pre season whilst others on holiday

Thwy wont have a real break and then have just 3 weeks to gel with new players or learn new tactics

SeaSeeEffCee

Seen a couple of people on Twitter say that there are reports in Germany that we're in for Karlsruher's Philipp Hofmann.

SeaSeeEffCee

Remember earlier in this thread when people kept saying we should go for Toney lol

Also, 25k a week to a player bought out of League One really shows what we're competing with at this level.

shmmeee

Remember earlier in this thread when people kept saying we should go for Toney lol

Also, 25k a week to a player bought out of League One really shows what we're competing with at this level.

How can Brentford afford that on their crowds?

Marty

How can Brentford afford that on their crowds?

They have the exact same model as us with players, find players that are 'undervalued' for whatever reason, let them shine for a year or 2 and cash in,

Can't remember of the top of my head, but they've received something like £150 million in transfer fees in 4 or 5 years.

cc84cov

They have the exact same model as us with players, find players that are 'undervalued' for whatever reason, let them shine for a year or 2 and cash in,

Can't remember of the top of my head, but they've received something like £150 million in transfer fees in 4 or 5 years.

Was thinking we are similar to what Brentford are doing with their players

shmmeee

Firstly: that’s an insane amount that of money. But I guess f we’d made the Madders, Wilson, etc sales from this division ours would look similar.

Secondly: they still have to pay the wages though. Seems risky to rely on player sales to pay wages.

Marty

Firstly: that’s an insane amount that of money. But I guess f we’d made the Madders, Wilson, etc sales from this division ours would look similar.

Secondly: they still have to pay the wages though. Seems risky to rely on player sales to pay wages.

Exactly re Wilson & Maddison, We'd have been looking at about 50mill for the pair as opposed to the 6 million or so we got.

I would say it's a less risky strategy then throwing money at names, yes some signings won't work out but others will go beyond their threshold, It's a system that works, and has proven to work, we do it ourselves and have become quite successful since adopting it.

SeaSeeEffCee

It's £120m over the last 5 years I believe. They also have a bit of money behind them but they've done some great work since they first went up. You could however make the argument that they'd screwed themselves out of promotion a few times by selling too many players in the summer. They always seem to have a dreadful start and then pick up steam in the second half of the season. Probably should have made the Premier League by now (although they still could this season) with some of the talent they've had on their books.

Sky Blue Harry H

They may be PL soon, have a new stadium (more Revenue when fully open). They will be near the top of The Championship, if they don't go up this time. P.S. Toney is a good player, if a bit of a knob !

Skybluedownunder

Another crap rumour

On 2 August 2019, Stevens was charged with a breach in betting regulations relating to gambling on football matches.[22] He was accused by the Football Association of allegedly placing 59 bets on matches during the 2018/19 season.[23]

Leeds United put out a statement that Stevens would 'accept the charge' and that 'the player fully understands he has made an error'.[24]

On 10 September 2019, Stevens was given a 6-week ban from 'all' football by the FA, including playing, training and communication with the club and his teammates, with Leeds responding by saying 'We are hugely disappointed in the FA's choice of sanction'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg82

Seems strange when they don’t know for certain what league they’ll be in yet. Is that guy normally good for rumours?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hauffman looks good I dont know if anyone has already talked about him.
I think he would be a really good signing as he had a 28 goals and assists combined in the league

SleepyGinger

Luton had a bid turned down for Charlton left Wing back Alfie doughty, 20 years old and played left of a back 5 for them last season, with charltons financial problems might be worth a punt.

Tommo1993

Do yous remember Chris Brunt thundering a FK in at the Ricoh? Like an arrow it was. For Sheffield Wednesday I think.

Users who are viewing this thread