Realistic signings for next season (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Working on the idea that Mowbray is here and SISU, having convinced the man to stay, has offered him a reasonable budget. Who might we sign for next year. What type of player are we likely to go for. To be honest, some of Pressley's signings made we think we would genuinely challenge this year, buy alas I was drastically wrong.

For example, Carl Baker I believe only signed at MK Dons until the end of the season, is still living in the area and is still following the clubs progress. Would he fit the Mowbray style of play?

Kirkland played today after Westwood got injured in the warm up and did OK. I believe his contract is up at the end of the year.

Bobby Gould was speaking after the game today and when asked about a '20 goal a season' striker he mentioned he knew of one at Didcot FC. He is talking about John Mills who has scored 55 goals this season albeit at a much lower level buy has previously mentioned he would consider leaving them for a professional contract, but did turn down a chance at Hereford due to travel.

Who do you think we should/need to go for.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Andy Williams and Wes Foderingham are both expiring at Swindon at the end of the season, maybe a bit too ambitious. Will Grigg on loan? Clearly not gonna be getting a chances at Brentford and having another good season on loan at MK this season.

Would like to see if there is any chance of getting Ward, Pennington and Samuel back on season long loans

rupert_bear

We don't need a mass influx of players, we need the right players to supplement this squad, we have a decent goalie but need another as back up, we have a talisman centre half in Reda Johnson and possibly a decent forward in Prostwicz and yes I have been a critic of him but he improves with every match and with a bit of luck could be sitting with 5 or 6 goals now, get Grant Ward on loan for another year and that's the spine of the team sorted. Stokes will get better too. IMO we need a partner for Johnson, right back, a couple of pacey wide men and atleast one striker and that's in addition to a fit Tudguy and a re-loaned Samuels and perhaps a tough guy midfielder. All the youngsters, the likes of Haynes, Phillips, Finch, Thomas, Maddison all need more time to blossom and will if under Tony Mowbray. But the one thing that concerns me is Waggott will not back the manager.

Astute

We don't need a mass influx of players, we need the right players to supplement this squad, we have a decent goalie but need another as back up, we have a talisman centre half in Reda Johnson and possibly a decent forward in Prostwicz and yes I have been a critic of him but he improves with every match and with a bit of luck could be sitting with 5 or 6 goals now, get Grant Ward on loan for another year and that's the spine of the team sorted. Stokes will get better too. IMO we need a partner for Johnson, right back, a couple of pacey wide men and atleast one striker and that's in addition to a fit Tudguy and a re-loaned Samuels and perhaps a tough guy midfielder. All the youngsters, the likes of Haynes, Phillips, Finch, Thomas, Maddison all need more time to blossom and will if under Tony Mowbray. But the one thing that concerns me is Waggott will not back the manager.

We need to get rid of most of the players who are at the end of their contracts. Then let TM use his contacts to improve the squad. Let him bring in the type of player he wants and not a poor managers load of bad decisions. I am not even sure if we should try and keep our best player as he missed over half of the season (Reda) But he has proved his worth in the games he has played mainly.

Waggott won't back the manager? SP brought in too many players. This wouldn't have happened if he never got the backing. He was just poor at judging players. And it seems as though he was poor at managing them also. We saw what TM could do with the same players that SP brought to our club. SISU will also have seen this. And to get a return on their money they will need us to do much better. So after spending money getting rid of SP why would they not back the manager that they brought in?

rupert_bear

A lot of the players signed last summer were not brought in by the manager, I know for a fact one who would be regarded a senior player did not even meet the manager until after he signed, I am confident TM will not allow that.

Astute

A lot of the players signed last summer were not brought in by the manager, I know for a fact one who would be regarded a senior player did not even meet the manager until after he signed, I am confident TM will not allow that.

Still a guess even if it is true. I thought it was SP named the players then Waggott would try to bring them in.

skybluetony176

We desperately need some experience in midfield. In my mind our season has failed because of midfield. I don't think I've ever seen a team with so little presence up front look so short at the back and it's all been about an inability to take the ball forwards through the midfield. Its got much better since TM arrived but it still looks like a midfield on a wing and a prayer .

rupert_bear

I believe there are high hopes this Al Bahandra will deliver might see him make an appearance v Crewe or Crawley now the heat is more or less off.

Users who are viewing this thread