Realistic Expectations for Crewe 2nd leg (1 Viewer)

We're all hoping for a miracle, but what do you think the score will actually be? I think the score will be 3-0 to us, as i still think we can bang in the goals. That is only with Murphy in goal and 2 up front. If we have Dunn and 1 striker, i think it will be a 2-1 defeat. We need goals and Murphy, and i think if we have 2 strikers and our keeper back, we can do it and win it on pens. What do you think peeps?

Last edited:

Diehard Si

A 2-1 win. We will be winning 2-0, push a little too hard for the 3rd and concede on the counter.

A close but no cigar scenario.

We're all hoping for a miracle, but what do you think the score will actually be? I think the score will be 3-0 to us, as i still think we can bang in the goals. That is only with Murphy in goal and 2 up front. If we have Dunn and 1 striker, i think it will be a 2-1 defeat. We need goals and Murphy, and i think if we have 2 strikers and our keeper back, we can do it and win it on pens. What do you peeps?

If I was really honest with myself, I don't think we can do it. I think we have given ourselves to much of a hurdle to jump. Perhaps if we had lost by 1 or 2 goals we would stand a better chance, but not three. Sorry

The problem is Crewe don't need to score. After we went 1-0 down we were chasing the game and they hit us on the counter. We have to chase the game from the first minute so it could end up exactly the same. An early goal will help us but can't help think we used all our luck up against Preston.

italiahorse

We're all hoping for a miracle, but what do you think the score will actually be? I think the score will be 3-0 to us, as i still think we can bang in the goals. That is only with Murphy in goal and 2 up front. If we have Dunn and 1 striker, i think it will be a 2-1 defeat. We need goals and Murphy, and i think if we have 2 strikers and our keeper back, we can do it and win it on pens. What do you peeps?

Its over and I still have to drive up to Crewe and watch the return.

skyblueman

If we had played really badly and not made any chances then obviously at 3 nil it's over - BUT we should have done a lot better - it's not over yet - at 2 nil I would fancy us still - at 4 nil I'd have conceded it was over - 3 nil is a big ask - marginal but possible - we have to really go for goals all out and to hell with the consequences - want to see the most attacking side possible going back for this

CovMatt1987

I agree and say 2-1 win for us. I see us creating, and taking some of the chances this time. but they can sit back and then just hit us on the counter attack when we push forward. Alot of the people who are saying they are confident we can turn it around - the only discussion seems to be, can we score three goals, and its answered with 'yes'. why is there no talk about them scoring? Thats the problem - they were so clinical in hitting us on the break why would we expect them not to score?

Is it possible? yes. Is it likely? no. If we are honest with ourselves about it.

Exactly. We dominated everything but the score-line. If Murphy and Elliott stayed on, we could have won it, so i say if we stick with the same team, maybe except Moussa (put Bailey in) and with a little shooting practice, we can do it. If we can score 4 against the 2nd placed team on their home turf, we can damn sure score 3 against Crewe

aviles

4-1 win but i would also like to see cody back i think he will have more to offer we all saw the crewe defence bossed clarke and elliot so maybe give ball and cody a go. yolo as they say

Covstu

I think we'll win 1-nil. At 33/1 to lift the trophy (Coral) is could be wouh a cheeky dapple :whistle:

well if you think we will win 1-0, i wouldnt put any money on us winning the cup as we would be out!!

3 is too much for us to come back from in my opinion but stranger things have happened.

rupert_bear

Crewe will park the bus, an early goal for us might stir things a bit, having to win is hard enough but to win by 3 clear goals just to get a draw is a massive ask. get an early goal you never know. Best tactic for me would be to kick them all over the park and soften them up for the league game the following Saturday

WYKENSKYBLUE

I have a nasty feeling we will be 3 nil up going into injury time! Our fans going crazy giving it the biggy to crewe and they sucker punch us with goal deep into injury time! giving us fans an absolutley sickening journey home.

hope not but as life as a cov fan goes this is the most realistic outcome

PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

We're all hoping for a miracle, but what do you think the score will actually be? I think the score will be 3-0 to us, as i still think we can bang in the goals. That is only with Murphy in goal and 2 up front. If we have Dunn and 1 striker, i think it will be a 2-1 defeat. We need goals and Murphy, and i think if we have 2 strikers and our keeper back, we can do it and win it on pens. What do you think peeps?

Don't you think Dunn should start!?

Now then, who was at fault for Crewe's 2nd & 3rd goals and how could Dunn have done better?

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we'll win, I'm leaning toward a 2-goal margin.

I'd be in dream world if we win the tie.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Realistic expectation? Win the away leg

Let's see if we can get back into the tie before we think about overturning the score. Get 2 up with 30 mins remaining and we have half a chance

CovMatt1987

Behind Swindon, Crewe and Tranmere have conceeded the fewest goals at home in the league this season (12 goals conceeded). So thats 12 goals conceeded in 16 games. In fairness we have scored the most away from home in the league (29) but i think we are in danger of making a similar mistake we made in the first leg - thinking its all about us.

I truely do believe we can score three goals away from home against anyone in this league. but doing it when you have to, just to get level, against a team who know they just have to defend a three goal lead, who also have a great defensive record at home, lets not underestimate how big of a task that is. For those who believe we honestly will do it - Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to know what makes you so confident - because to be honest I would like to be that confident too!

Also - again..............its not just about how many we score, its about how many we might conceed.

Otis

Realistic expectation? Win the away leg

Let's see if we can get back into the tie before we think about overturning the score. Get 2 up with 30 mins remaining and we have half a chance

Yep. Realistically we can win the away leg. Go a goal up and then of course it is possible.

I don't see it as needing a miracle. It's not. It's a tough ask but we can do it and we are much better away than we are at home.

Considering we had 25 shots on goal at home I am quietly confident away at Gresty Road that we can score 3 at least

CovMatt1987

Yep. Realistically we can win the away leg. Go a goal up and then of course it is possible.

I don't see it as needing a miracle. It's not. It's a tough ask but we can do it and we are much better away than we are at home.

Considering we had 25 shots on goal at home I am quietly confident away at Gresty Road that we can score 3 at least

.......and not concede any??

CovMatt1987

I know I know, I was just asking if you thought we would concede a goal too.

I havent got a clue what will happen away if im honest. We obviously have to throw everything at it and if we do that then we certainly can score three goals - but committing that much forward we will have done very well to also not have let in one or two as well.

mark82

We have nothing to lose. We just need to go all out for the win. First goal (and time of that goal) is key.

Grendel

There is little chance of progression. Soon people will believe this is possible. I'd rather prepare for the league run in now and forget this.

Gaz

JPT is over for us this season.
Still shocked we lost by 3.

Otis

What do you mean for this season?

Surely next season we will be ineligible to enter won't we?

Grendel

What do you mean for this season?

Surely next season we will be ineligible to enter won't we?

Probably not. Especially a huge game like Brentford at home would end up in fixture congestion at the end if the season. Lets just look at that on April 7th

Users who are viewing this thread