real ale in Barnsley (1 Viewer)

skybluenorth

Any city fan coming to barnsley wanting some real ale in the town centre head for a pub called old number seven, (my local) hope to see some sky blues in there tomorrow.

pw362

George & Dragon pub about 1 mile from Oakwell is run by a City fan originally from Spon End. All Sky Blues fans welcome before and after the game.

skybluenorth

And here's me thinking I was the only city fan living here, I know the George and dragon, will nip in for a pint tomorrow.

skybluenorth

About 5 mins from town centre and about 15mins walk from oakwell, think a little bit of parking but could park on side street, very easy to find from motorway.

pw362

Don't know if they have a pool table. Live in Cov. The gaffer is a friend of a mate at work

skybluenorth

Got off the train in Barnsley after Rotherham game and seen some city fans still on the train (Huddersfield train) Yorkshire seems full of us!

mark82

Will have to try the old number 7 at some point, though not this weekend as will have a young one with us.

Please can you give us a list of decent boozers within walking distance of each other, and not too far from the ground? Does Bradford have a drinking area in the City Centre?

Tommystours

If your going on the train stop off at Sheffield Sheffield Tap in the station and just across the road The Howard in Howard Street. Quite a few city fans meeting there and the Sheffield based city fans will be there, I am told.
I am driving up with the lads and meeting Sheffield based daughter for lunch.
The down the A61 to Barnsley. Bring it on.PUSB

blend

The Sheffield Tap is a fantastic pub, been a while since I went in there but they always had a superb selection.

wingy

What junction off the M1 Is best for the Ground ,and are there any away friendly kid friendly pubs near to the Ground??

LastGarrison

If your going on the train stop off at Sheffield Sheffield Tap in the station and just across the road The Howard in Howard Street. Quite a few city fans meeting there and the Sheffield based city fans will be there, I am told.
I am driving up with the lads and meeting Sheffield based daughter for lunch.
The down the A61 to Barnsley. Bring it on.PUSB

Yes, that's all well and good but do they have pool tables?

Users who are viewing this thread