Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Their strikers are very good - we look lightweight and hesitant at the back.

Nick

Administrator
Ok??? Bloody hell

Some of the football has been fabulous

James and hamer fantastic

Think id play hamer up in shipley’s position and bring sheaf on for shipley. He’s not been as bad as some on here make out.
Shipley has been hiding too much to be bad. When he got it on the edge of the box he shit himself.

No idea how he keeps getting starts. See the last couple of match threads.

Woodster

We’re playing much the better but they’re always going to be a threat, back three don’t seem to know what to do with Joao.

Gyokeres looks tidy enough but need O’Hare to go beyond him, if it stays 1-0 expect Max will be on to go two up top and sling the crosses in. Gus outstanding again, want to see James have a bigger influence but appreciate it’s early days for him.

Paxman II

I'm inclined to think O'Hare is simply not producing for us at this level. Plenty of endevour but he fluffs his lines so often and runs into dead ends too often. Chances he has had last few games and fails to score?
Hyam was totally at fault for their goal. Shot ourselves in the foot. Shipley just not at the races, I would expect MR's to change that at half time. Would like Sheaf on and Hamer move up a bit further. Possibly even Allen to replace Shipley. Other teams with the chances/crosses we have provided would have scored one or two....we must improve on taking our chances. new signing anonymous so far.

Grendel

Ok??? Bloody hell

Some of the football has been fabulous

James and hamer fantastic

Think id play hamer up in shipley’s position and bring sheaf on for shipley. He’s not been as bad as some on here make out.

Come off it

Esoterica

I do find the formation we play, with the players in it, so disfunctional. We play 2 attacking midfielders yet we're so static in the final third in possession and do so little attacking through the middle. We get to 35/40 yards out and the ball always goes wide to Dabo as our outlet, who crosses in to 1 striker and whichever of the midfield midgets has managed to get in the box too.

We need a 2nd striker who can be an aerial threat or much better movement in the final 3rd and that would be helped by an extra player there, one of the sitting midfielders needs to get box to box more.

skyblues83

We should have scored at least once but lucky we aren't 2 down already. Cant see where a goal will come from for us

Covkid1968#

Just seen the goal as late to the game... muscled off the ball far too easily.... pffffff. Nick get your boots.... let’s get stuck in 2nd half.

Sick Boy

I'm inclined to think O'Hare is simply not producing for us at this level. Plenty of endevour but he fluffs his lines so often and runs into dead ends too often. Chances he has had last few games and fails to score?
Hyam was totally at fault for their goal. Shot ourselves in the foot. Shipley just not at the races, I would expect MR's to change that at half time. Would like Sheaf on and Hamer move up a bit further. Possibly even Allen to replace Shipley. Other teams with the chances/crosses we have provided would have scored one or two....we must improve on taking our chances. new signing anonymous so far.
CoH has progressed well, it's easy to forget he has gone from being an impact sub in League 1 to a regular at this level. If he was the finished product he wouldn't be here now.

Brighton Sky Blue

Shipley has been hiding too much to be bad. When he got it on the edge of the box he shit himself.

No idea how he keeps getting starts. See the last couple of match threads.

That Millwall game will have him starting every week till the end

Grendel

Have a day off. Literally clueless

Frostie

I do find the formation we play, with the players in it, so disfunctional. We play 2 attacking midfielders yet we're so static in the final third in possession and do so little attacking through the middle. We get to 35/40 yards out and the ball always goes wide to Dabo as our outlet, who crosses in to 1 striker and whichever of the midfield midgets has managed to get in the box too.

We need a 2nd striker who can be an aerial threat or much better movement in the final 3rd and that would be helped by an extra player there, one of the sitting midfielders needs to get box to box more.

But that's the problem, due to injury we don't have it. Biamou & Baka aren't at the required standard.

Grendel

CoH has progressed well, it's easy to forget he has gone from being an impact sub in League 1 to a regular at this level. If he was the finished product he wouldn't be here now.

I cringe sometimes

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So far a microcosm of our season. O'hare and osti missing good chances and us conceding. Ref seeming to be quite lenient towards them.

So expect us to give away a soft pen and to get players booked for the exact same challenges their players made in the second half.

shmmeee

Bapaga for Shipley I reckon. There’s a massive AM sized hole where Shipley should be every time we attack down the left.

Evo1883

O hare does his job well, gets alot of fouls, works hard tracks back tackles... He's at an age where the small parts of his game will keep improving over time... He's not our problem

Briles

Very good first half tbf bar the scoreline. Never been so happy when losing.

Briles

For all the performative stuff, how many really useful passes does Hamer make? He's so frantic at times his final ball lacks composure.

He always passes forwards and always finds his man. Not sure what else you want tbh.

mark82

We’re playing much the better but they’re always going to be a threat, back three don’t seem to know what to do with Joao.

Gyokeres looks tidy enough but need O’Hare to go beyond him, if it stays 1-0 expect Max will be on to go two up top and sling the crosses in. Gus outstanding again, want to see James have a bigger influence but appreciate it’s early days for him.

This has been a problem all year. Our attacking midfielders don't make runs in behind. They always seem slightly too deep for me considering only 1 up front.

Users who are viewing this thread