Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Dabo is improving

His passing is very rusty which is perhaps understandable. What is more worrying is his tendancy to wander out of position when we are defending and leaving his man wide open.

CanuckSkyBlue

Sheaf’s next foul will be a booking, don’t want Hamer off but it’s a risk. O’hare to come on later!

Mcfadz, I don’t think we’re missing him? He’s got his fans but he’s off this level for me.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Huge improvement tonight. Standard of officiating isn't much better in the Championship than League One. As much as I hate the phrase do we need to become more streetwise?
We need to learn how to manipulate the decisions in the same way our opponents do. And I don’t agree with it either, but we are disadvantaged by other teams being better at it than us. We need every single thing we can do to improve our results.

cc84cov

Sheaf’s next foul will be a booking, don’t want Hamer off but it’s a risk. O’hare to come on later!

Mcfadz, I don’t think we’re missing him? He’s got his fans but he’s off this level for me.
Mcfadz has arguably been player of the season so far he’s being rested/rotated

Esoterica

Are the languages different? I had assumed it was the same with maybe just a different dialect
A lot of the words are almost identical maybe just a letter or two different. They have no real problem understanding each other. The Slovaks have many words identical to Czech, as well as there own version, which they do like to prefer to use when speaking to Czechs, just to be awkward :) Děkujem is thank you in Czech, Ďakujem in Slovak. It's probably harder for us to understand a Geordie!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’d imagine it’s probably the 16 years of experience covering lower league football on the radio.

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The positive for Godden with 2 up is he doesn't have destroy himself got 90 mins... And hopefully has the energy late on to get to a ball and score

Walker is a very similar replacement IMO if required. Prob more likely Biamou will tire but he's (IMO) made a difference.

duffer

Later on Sky’s ‘Reading Tonight’ show, a look through the Royal’s Simod Cup runs of the 1980s. Who are that lot in light blue, by the way?

Sky Blue Pete

We have done well - you have to question why we signed walker and not a number 9 and why we don’t play two up front as Godden is much better

Hamer and Sheaf are far the best players we have but Hamer is a disaster on discipline - ostigard is equally reckless as well.

Crucial second half
Max done well??

Users who are viewing this thread