Reading @ Home (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Not actually going to this as i'm flying to hamburg for the weekend to see The Specials. :D

If I think we have any chance of staying up, then we will have to win or get as many points as possible at home. Reading are a decent team, even though they have lost Long they have signed ALF who has a point to prove...

Team i would go with:

Murphy

Christie Cameron Keogh Hussey

Bigirama Clingan Bell

McSheffrey

Jutkiewicz McDonald

Subs: Dunn, Cranie, Thomas, Platt, O'Donovan

I would play 3 in the middle and McSheffrey behing the strikers 'in the hole' as i think he would be more effective from here. Also hopefully Platt will be available, as he would be a different option to bring off the bench.

Any predictions??

I predict that The Specials in Hamburg will be a better use of weekend than Coventry - Reading. Sad to report that you missed a score draw, however...

Coventry 2 (Jutkiewicz, McSheffrey)
Reading 2 (Hunt, Kebe)

skybluesben

0-0 or 1-0 reading tbh :/

:blue::blue::blue:

daib0

Early up, but welcome. This century the two clubs have played 15 times - five wins apiece, and five drawn - couldn't be closer. Between 2002 and 2005 the Sky Blues certainly had the better of Reading, since 2006 it's turned the Royals way. Three of last six however have been 0-0, and 1-1 earlier in the season so who knows? As a Royals fan 'in peace', and playing at home, hopefully still in a play-off position, I'd think Reading would edge it...

wingy

Early up, but welcome. This century the two clubs have played 15 times - five wins apiece, and five drawn - couldn't be closer. Between 2002 and 2005 the Sky Blues certainly had the better of Reading, since 2006 it's turned the Royals way. Three of last six however have been 0-0, and 1-1 earlier in the season so who knows? As a Royals fan 'in peace', and playing at home, hopefully still in a play-off position, I'd think Reading would edge it...

We're hoping to sell out uor allocation ,fanpower an all that ,ALFs bound to score against us ,but we're no pushover ,unless we sell Keogh before the match .

daib0

We're hoping to sell out uor allocation ,fanpower an all that ,ALFs bound to score against us ,but we're no pushover ,unless we sell Keogh before the match .
Don't reckon so, Alf was over a dozen games without scoring until his poacher's goal last weekend. Been a very fine team player during this time though, holding the ball up well and laying it off good as well...
And what strikes me about the Sky Blues is that you've been unlucky - virtually all games pretty close, just a goal or so in it - not like the usual low teams who get occasional hammerings by the top placed sides. So it might well be that you're in a totally false position - and as they always say, in the Champìonship anyone can beat anybody!

mark82

Don't reckon so, Alf was over a dozen games without scoring until his poacher's goal last weekend. Been a very fine team player during this time though, holding the ball up well and laying it off good as well...
And what strikes me about the Sky Blues is that you've been unlucky - virtually all games pretty close, just a goal or so in it - not like the usual low teams who get occasional hammerings by the top placed sides. So it might well be that you're in a totally false position - and as they always say, in the Champìonship anyone can beat anybody!

Naive rather than unlucky.

daib0

Fan Features – Reading match volunteer?!

Friendly Fan Features (FFF) is an idea by Reading’s “Royals Rendezvous” – here in peace as always - of previews by fans from other clubs on matches involving forthcoming matches with Reading FC. These are placed in our forum’s special open-to-all section “Rivals, but Friends” (registration not currently required for that part). These features or articles can be as long or as short as you like – if you fancy a go, please tell me on the thread below, or just go ahead and do it. Here’s a run-down, but I promise it’s very simple: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9311178/1

So, any taker for the forthcoming Reading v Coventry game on 11th February? I put it up early to give time to think about it! We later have a match presentation which always contains a lot of factual information on both teams, and on your form, history and city itself … but any help by you on your players, your season’s progress etc. would be very, very welcome.
Cheers,
daib0 (David)
(of course, we would fully credit you and the Coventry Sky Blues Talk forum)

Brighton Sky Blue

Fan Features – Reading match volunteer?!

Friendly Fan Features (FFF) is an idea by Reading’s “Royals Rendezvous” – here in peace as always - of previews by fans from other clubs on matches involving forthcoming matches with Reading FC. These are placed in our forum’s special open-to-all section “Rivals, but Friends” (registration not currently required for that part). These features or articles can be as long or as short as you like – if you fancy a go, please tell me on the thread below, or just go ahead and do it. Here’s a run-down, but I promise it’s very simple: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9311178/1

So, any taker for the forthcoming Reading v Coventry game on 11th February? I put it up early to give time to think about it! We later have a match presentation which always contains a lot of factual information on both teams, and on your form, history and city itself … but any help by you on your players, your season’s progress etc. would be very, very welcome.
Cheers,
daib0 (David)
(of course, we would fully credit you and the Coventry Sky Blues Talk forum)

Go on then:

I think you'd struggle to find a single City fan happy with how this season has gone-and a glance at the league table since August means you don't have to ask why. Constant ownership issues, organised protests, scraps of quality in the squad being sold off to fund debts, and 14 single goal defeats all adds up to a campaign that will be pretty quickly forgotten. Fans remain divided on apportioning the blame to the manager, Andy Thorn, or to the hedge fund in charge of the club, SISU. The general consensus is that the current situation is due to a combination of owners selling off all but the bare bones, whilst providing nothing in the way of financial support to a rookie manager trying to learn his trade. The club has only 3 senior coaching staff on its books, and has not replaced the fitness coach who left for Liverpool in the summer. 21st spot is the sole objective for the season, but it's difficult to see that being achieved at the moment.

Ironically enough, despite the above handicaps, this team has very rarely been outplayed, and remains a solid proposition at the back with an experienced keeper in ex-Scunthorpe Joe Murphy. The bulk of goals are usually conceded in the second half once legs start to tire, and this puts pressure on a goal-shy attack to try and build up a decent lead. New loan signing Alex Nimely made a bright start in attack, but is only a couple of games into his loan spell so most people will still be reserving judgment. Stand out man at the back is ever-present Richard Keogh, whose form has been one of the few bright spots this season-attacking midfielder Gary McSheffrey has also come into a good vein of form last month and is potentially one to watch. As for the result-expect either a draw or a 1-goal swing either way; most likely is probably a 1-0 home win.

As for myself, I've supported Cov for 14 years, and had a season ticket from 2001-8 before moving off to uni made it near impossible to get to games. I remember parts of the Premier League years, but since then I've had the pleasure of watching the mighty Sky Blues sit in 2nd tier obscurity for a decade; and will no doubt have another decade of mediocrity to look forward to! :)

PUSB.

daib0

Hey, Brighton Sky Blue, that's tremendously quick work - I only put it up so early because normally we have to do a couple of reminders!That's exactly the sort of thing we had in mind.
After this weekend's games are passed (i.e. Sunday or Monday) we'll have it up and running. You are even able to post it yourself (see that link above), but no worries if you don't want the bother; I'll gladly copy it and give you and the forum full credit. Plus tell you as soon at it is up.

Many thanks ... :claping hands:
daibo (David)

Brighton Sky Blue

Hey, Brighton Sky Blue, that's tremendously quick work - I only put it up so early because normally we have to do a couple of reminders!That's exactly the sort of thing we had in mind.
After this weekend's games are passed (i.e. Sunday or Monday) we'll have it up and running. You are even able to post it yourself (see that link above), but no worries if you don't want the bother; I'll gladly copy it and give you and the forum full credit. Plus tell you as soon at it is up.

Many thanks ... :claping hands:
daibo (David)

You're welcome! I've already got my ticket for next weekend-never been to the Madejski before so looking forward to it :D I'll leave it to you to post when you like, let us know when it goes up!

Users who are viewing this thread