Reading game moved to Friday night (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Hopefully a near full strength team
Hamer back, (unless he gets sent off again against Middlesboro)
Kelly should be fully fit by then
Hopefully Walker should be available unless he suffers any serious symptoms
Any update on Dabo? (has his wife recovered?)

Esoterica

Do they show football in bars over in Czech (generally i mean not at the minute due to covid)?
Yep, always a few Sports bars with multiple screens around that cover the football and ice hockey matches. The hockey is bigger, certainly in Brno, due to the success of the hockey team who are regularly winning the PL whereas the football team is bottom of the top division having just been promoted back to the top league after a season in Div 2. Fairly scandelous for the country's 2nd city.

There's a big PL following out here though that are mainly attached to the clubs Czech players have played for - Man Utd with Poborsky, Liverpool with Berger/Baros/Smicer, Arsenal and Chelsea because of Rosicky and Petr Cech. Strangely, I've not met any West Ham fans because of Tomas Repka!

Pubs are closed at the moment but they would show the game if I called in advance and there was no Hockey, no PL and no Czech league games going on. Can't beat watching the footy with table service for a pound a pint.
If i want to pay to watch at home, the company that have the rights to the PL and the Champ let you pay 80kc for the day which is 2 pound 50, or 3 pound 50 for the whole weekend. So it's hardly breaking the bank and then I'll get all the PL games that weekend too. Not like the outrageous 15 quid a game proposal at home!

Sky Blue Harry H

That money is going to be really helpful to us - our survival as a club comes above everything else this season - although avoiding relegation would also help in that matter (plus make us all a lot happier)

Philosorapter

It is so so good for City to be back on the TV regularly.

Two matches in ten days can't be bad.

Tommo1993

Friday night games always annoyed me. Sky seem dead interested in us, Wycombe and Rotherham haven’t been getting all this coverage.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I reckon they put the promoted teams on a fair bit at the start because it's a chance of a perceived 'upset' and it's someone different to entice audiences, inc our own fans (we've got a decent following as a reasonably large city) who aren't complacent about us being on TV. Plus arguably it gets us 'out of the way' for later in the year when they might want to pick and choice 'bigger' teams looking at promotion.

If our performances drop off we'll unlikely see anything unless we're involved in a relegation scrap and even then it'd be with other relegation candidates as 'six pointers'

Happy_Martian

All these TV appearances add up over time. We're already on our way to 10 televised games over the season and that is £1million guaranteed in the bank. Compared to the unknown made from iFollow subs (how much do we get per £10 subscription anyway ? ), the club needs that income. Yes, it annoys the shit out of season ticket holders and overseas fans but sadly, that is our lifeline this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

All these TV appearances add up over time. We're already on our way to 10 televised games over the season and that is £1million guaranteed in the bank. Compared to the unknown made from iFollow subs (how much do we get per £10 subscription anyway ? ), the club needs that income. Yes, it annoys the shit out of season ticket holders and overseas fans but sadly, that is our lifeline this season.
Home team 100k away team 10k. It’s unlikely we’re going to have 10 home games

robbiekeane

Is the 100k a game incremental money - i.e. that's on top of the lump sum we get from Sky for being in the championship?

Does anyone know what the total fixed Sky/Broadcasting money is for being in the championship? Can't seem to find a simple breakdown online

Greggs

Hopefully a near full strength team
Hamer back, (unless he gets sent off again against Middlesboro)
Kelly should be fully fit by then
Hopefully Walker should be available unless he suffers any serious symptoms
Any update on Dabo? (has his wife recovered?)
she's still injured mate haha

Sick Boy

Good for the club, bad for overseas fans. This will be the 3rd game I've had to pay to watch on top of the iFollow subscription and it's only October!
Our game against Bournemouth was shown on DAZN here, do you have that there? It’s only €10 a month so I pay it anyway to watch Serie A.

Travs

Our game against Bournemouth was shown on DAZN here, do you have that there? It’s only €10 a month so I pay it anyway to watch Serie A.

Serie A is looking cracking this year... Atalanta might one day go a match without scoring or conceding at least 4... AC Milan flying, Juventus stuttering, the Napoli farce...

skyblueusername

vipboxtv.se is another good streaming site, no adds or account sign-up, sometimes has ifollow as well. (not tonight though)
Mobdro is a good app for android phones, has most European sports channels, including DAZN for serie A.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t imagine Wycombe will be in very often with their boring hoof ball until the big lump is back from injury and then they will want him on the tv as often as they can get away with. The advantage of having them on is that you could put adverts on during their large spells of time wasting.

higgs

I can’t imagine Wycombe will be in very often with their boring hoof ball until the big lump is back from injury and then they will want him on the tv as often as they can get away with. The advantage of having them on is that you could put adverts on during their large spells of time wasting.
What big lump?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread