Reading between the lines of AT's interview. (1 Viewer)

Sutty

The players are not happy with SISU and the lack of activity. He mentioned 'making excuses of the things going on'. Not a good sign at all.

muners

Collectively they should fine the players for being shite and fibe the money back to the fans who made the trip tonight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tbh Thorn has sounded deflated and defeated since the start of the season, the financial problems have obviously affected the morale of the club as well as the quality of our players. I can't help but think if we could bring some new players in even if they were completely shit it would give the whole club a lift and raise morale.

ajsccfc

You'd have to assume that all players and managers would like to see anything that would improve their squad.

Otis

He hasn't sounded too upbeat at all has he. Noticed that before Saturday's game. He sounded okay but not full of the excitement and enthusiasm you would probably expect his first full season in charge.

He probably knows that if the club fails due to us having no money for players he will be the fall guy for the poor results and lose his job.

rob9872

Collectively they should fine the players for being shite and fibe the money back to the fans who made the trip tonight.

???????

I'm not happy but it's not their fault! Some not ready, some not good enough and some lacking application. The others around them can't perform miracles. We're too thin and lacking options but lets not blame what we have other than those for lack of effort. Everything else can be forgiven.

derbyskyblue

Can't blame thorn for this, but yeah he will be the fall guy and then the groundsman will get the job....nice and cheap. SISU FOOK THE FOOK OFF OUT OF MY CLUB

ccfcway

???????

I'm not happy but it's not their fault! Some not ready, some not good enough and some lacking application. The others around them can't perform miracles. We're too thin and lacking options but lets not blame what we have other than those for lack of effort. Everything else can be forgiven.

Team To Play Bury Tonight

MURPHY - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
CHRISTIE - YOUNGSTER
WOOD - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
KEOGH - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
HUSSEY - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
CRAINE - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
BIGGY - YOUNGSTER
BELL - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
MCSHEFF - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
JUKE - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY
O'DONOVAN - GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY BURY

are you sure its not their fault ?

ajsccfc

If the majority of the team that narrowly lost to a divisional favourite then turned a 1-0 lead into a 3-1 defeat to lower league opposition three days later, it's surely fair to say quite a bit of blame can go to the players.

rob9872

Did you not read the part where I said "lacking application and effort"? If that's three of them and two are young and not ready, then that leaves six players v 11 who would have been working hard to beat a team in the league above them as we did v Blackburn and ManUtd. I was simply saying that to collectively fine them is not the answer. If we had strength in depth, we may have had the options to change some of that and maybe make a difference. We didn't because we have no squad.

rob9872

We may have only narrowly lost by score on Saturday but we had 30 minutes with a man advantage and created no threat at all against a new team gelling together in their first competetive match who will get better and better. We won't.

rob9872

Nah she's been out looting

howzer

Banned
he sounded like a dead man walking!!! just what those kids need AT !! he should be laughing it like harry rednap would be. praising them, bullshitting them, giving them something to feel good about ... anything positive. but the players will be dreading Birmingham and even more the monitone depressed post match interview their boss gives after .. what AT is really saying is : 'i have no faith in them' i have no faith in them' we are shit' im not really a manager

Otis

Lack of players can also get the manager the sack.

I have no doubt in my mind that should we really struggle this season Andy Thorn will be made the scapegoat.

blueflint

A T will get the blame and sisu will not its up to us as fans to make sure that they feel the pain as we do we have pride in our team and would like to show even more but not with results like these :claping hands::claping hands:

Covstu

He will eventually be the fall guy if this continues and he certainly cannot make miracles out that current squad, there is only a certain amount of changes you can make with that kind of quality. They were good enough to play Bury and should be accountable for the loss but they are not even championship players.

Dinyull

If the majority of the team that narrowly lost to a divisional favourite then turned a 1-0 lead into a 3-1 defeat to lower league opposition three days later, it's surely fair to say quite a bit of blame can go to the players.

1st games of the season usually count for nothing, teams are at different stages fitness wise etc and it usually takes times for new signings to gel.

However I am thoroughly pissed off after last night.

Bloodnut1964

I totally agree, the players have to stand up and be counted, all of the players we fielded last night would of walked into the Bury side, however, it's only 2 games into the season, keep your heads up lads, let's judge everyone at Christmas and not just on 1 league game against top opposition and a dodgy away game in a cup nobody wants to win.
PLAY UP SKY BLUES!!

aloisiwouldhavescored

After he got the Manager's job and at the end of last season Andy Thorn was really positive and very upbeat. Since then, with the pre-season friendlies and Saturday's and last night's matches, all the fight seems to have gone out of him already and he seemed really down and that he was having to control what he really wanted to say. Is it a case, just like with Coleman and Boothroyd, that he was promised so much when he took the job and money to spend, but look what they all got - sweet F.A.! The squad is too threadbare and we desperately need a proven goalscorer and midfielder to back up Clingan. Woeful performances so far and after supporting City for 47 years and always being very positive, I think this is going to be a long hard season and feel the dreaded R word coming on already. Let's hope I'm wrong and someone like Hoffmann will be our saviour. CTID

Monkeyface

Looking at the run of games we have, I can see him going as soon as Barnsley away. I don't want to sound negative and I really want to be proved wrong, but from what I've seen in the two games, I just don't see where the goals will come from to win games.

AT has a massive job on his hands, and will pay the price for lack of signings.

Sub

I don't see what more AT can do the squad is thread bare he can not reinforce the team. At the moment we are carrying injuries and there is not a penny left (or so we are told) to get more players in. It seems like theres a stand off now between the stay away fans and SISU. The stay away fans are saying we are not putting money in SISU's pockets and it seems SISU are saying we are not throwing good money after bad. Something is going to have to give or the club and team are going to suffer even more.

Users who are viewing this thread