Match Thread Reading (away) (1 Viewer)

Harries11

Done my weekly browse of up coming oppositions forums, and they seem to think we are a bang average side and they could get a result. That would be the championship in a nutshell.

Seems a few teams underestimate us only to say were are one of the better teams they've faced. If thats the case just hope we get the result to match.

I think ill go Reading 1 - 3 Coventry

fernandopartridge

Done my weekly browse of up coming oppositions forums, and they seem to think we are a bang average side and they could get a result. That would be the championship in a nutshell.

Seems a few teams underestimate us only to say were are one of the better teams they've faced. If thats the case just hope we get the result to match.

I think ill go Reading 1 - 3 Coventry

Looking at our record over the last 20 games, why wouldn't you believe you could get a result?

Harries11

Yeah that's a fair point, if you look on paper you could assume that.

However they haven't won in their last 9 league games, and only managed to draw once. I do fancy us to do well.

Having said that - if i am basing it on that over the last 10, we are 18th in form, and they are 22nd. So fuck knows.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah that's a fair point, if you look on paper you could assume that.

However they haven't won in their last 9 league games, and only managed to draw once. I do fancy us to do well.

Having said that - if i am basing it on that over the last 10, we are 18th in form, and they are 22nd. So fuck knows.
They have some good players going forward in Swift and Joao but at the other end haven’t kept a clean sheet since October

rob9872

Really looking forward to this one.

Big occasion, full house and just need to go out and perform a we did at Southampton last week and we'll roll them over. Can't afford our usual Achilles heel of going a goal behind though, as with a full house it could give them unwarranted momentum.

MCCFCGA

Well up for this!

Anyone that's driven down before know if it's best going M40/A34/M4 eastbound or staying on the M40/M4 westbound?

SkyBlueSoul

The club put a link to a useful page for getting to the ground considering it's fucking miles from the station/anything else. A lot of good shuttle bus options by the look of it with some fares subsidised by Reading.

1644514893587.png

Walsgrave

One thing about the Championship is that three points lifts a team pushing for the playoffs up a long way even after a bad spell of form. Trouble is Reading will be up for this as its their 150th anniversary game, not that they're already fighting for survival.

skyblue1991

Well up for this!

Anyone that's driven down before know if it's best going M40/A34/M4 eastbound or staying on the M40/M4 westbound?
It's about the same mileage and time-wise but the A34 junction off the M40 is always packed so you're probably better off picking up the M4 from the A404 junction

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

Wouldn’t mind Shipley starting LWB tomorrow. Expecting to have a lot of the ball like we did against Peterborough and he adds a goal threat.

Happy_Martian

While we are currently in 13th position, we are still only 5 points from 6th and 2 games in hand. We have everything to gain from doing well. Except we're going up against a team 4th from bottom who are celebrating the 150th year of their first ever football game, in front of their largest crowd and in the middle of a dreadful run of results. Amazingly, unlike a previous comment said, Paunovic still has not yet been sacked by Reading.

I'm anticipating one of two results (£2.50 on each one as I've only got a fiver :) )

1) Vik scores first but we lose 3-1.

2) A frustrating 0-0 draw.

Which ever result it is, expect more plaudits from the oppo Manager about our style, our footballing ability and work ethic without having an end product. Maybe Robins should start pasting all these "credits" on the dressing room walls with the scores attached to them. Advocate praise without reward is pointless in a competition.

Johhny Blue

While we are currently in 13th position, we are still only 5 points from 6th and 2 games in hand. We have everything to gain from doing well. Except we're going up against a team 4th from bottom who are celebrating the 150th year of their first ever football game, in front of their largest crowd and in the middle of a dreadful run of results. Amazingly, unlike a previous comment said, Paunovic still has not yet been sacked by Reading.

I'm anticipating one of two results (£2.50 on each one as I've only got a fiver :) )

Which ever result it is, expect more plaudits from the oppo Manager about our style, our footballing ability and work ethic without having an end product. Maybe Robins should start pasting all these "credits" on the dressing room walls with the scores attached to them. Advocate praise without reward is pointless in a competition.
You have a fiver more than you’ll have on Saturday night

Brighton Sky Blue

If we just take our sodding chances we win this easily. We don’t and Paunovic will be the next in line to sing our praises.

coop

Reading are the worst side I've seen and I would not like to watch them every week. Think we will get back to winning ways 1-3

Jagmannn

Coventry to win 2- 1 .....take 2-0 lead in the first half ...Reading to score in the second half ..to leave us with a nervy finish

Blind-Faith

Going with 3-2 to us , big Vik will run them ragged. Looking forward to the away day! Pusbs ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Users who are viewing this thread