Reading away 'Back the Boys campaign'. (1 Viewer)

gary_ccfcforever

Ok Guys. save our city have carried out a protest and everybody has their own view on how successful it was.

some feedback we received was that we were not backing the team, so our next plan of action is to fill the away allocation at Reading on Saturday 11th February.

After some research, its looks like ticket prices for this game are as follows:

£25 Adults
£19 Seniors (65 and over) and 17-21 year-olds
£10 Aged 16 and under

We have managed to obtain a quote for coach travel for around £10 maybe less depending on numbers. This is based on one pick up at cov baths at around 11am. howver if more pickups are required we can look into this.

Ideally we want to create a party atmosphere. So sky blue bloons, Inflatables, fancy dress etc. Also we may look at giving everyone a placard to hold up at kickoff with save our city or something similar on.

We want this to send out a clear message, we are right behind the team but at the same time we want to send out a clear message to our owners and the football world!

It would be great if we could get some kind of idea of the numbers interested from here, and also if people can start to spread the word around, flyers will be distributed shortly.

PUSB

Last edited:

chiefdave

any idea how many tickets we get for Reading, seem to remember from last season there's quite a big away section. I'll be making the trip up from Portsmouth to 'back the boys'.

stgeorge1966

Forget the coach get the train down at 9 and get on the lash!!!!! more pissed we get the more songs we can sing like SHISU OUT!!!!!

duckncover

I'll be there but will be getting train from wellingborough, they're a great pub at reading station! Free bus to the ground too!!

gary_ccfcforever

ok whoever wants coach travel, if you private message me with contacts details etc we can sort things out. also if we need more pickups than just cov baths we can look a this as long as their is enough demand, however i think these need to be limited to maybe 3-4. if we need one in nuneaton for example, im sure we could look at that

pusbccfc

Great idea, should be a allocation of roughly 4000?
Not to far and also easy to get to.
Always said this, that we should have a away day and now we have a good group willing to set up protests/away days and other events this could work out well.

WestEndAgro

I will be going + 3-4 others, the coach from the swimming pool would be ideal, a good central pickup !

Pigeon

I'm going mainly because I've got family near there that I'm going to conveniently stay with that weekend.

kingharvest

Are you getting the telegraph on board with this? no reason why they can't run a back page lead with it and then remind everyone each day. I think people will respond to this campaign if you really push it

superskyblue

Yeah or how about because we normally get a good following at Forest, let's try and support them somewhere where the following isn't normally as good. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Thats CCFC logic for you...

We normally get a big following, so there is no point using this to demonstate to the team that we back them !

:eek:

smileycov

Facebook User
can someone tweet keys, gould and anyone else that slated the boycott. We are encouraging supporters to go they should be just as vocal in the media this time around imo.

ccfcdan

Im at a wedding on that day, Gutted. Do us proud guy's fill the away end with inflatables!!!

PUSB SISU OUT

Users who are viewing this thread