Reaction to certain results (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

In a perverse way, I feel better after a result like this than I did after losing to Forest away last season.

That fucking hurt for days... This is almost a 'get it out of the system' performance.

If we play well for 9 games & chuck in one horror every 10 games this season... Then we might be okay...

Evo1883

I disagree. The manner of that loss was worse than anything last season. If we bounce back and learn a lesson fair enough, but there was so much wrong with that performance there is a lot to bounce back from and having to do so v Fulham.

It was just as bad at Rotherham away in league 1 , we were utterly appalling that day and Rotherham didn't need a couple of dodgy decisions to do it either.. we went on to have a great season

lord_garrincha

I disagree. The manner of that loss was worse than anything last season. If we bounce back and learn a lesson fair enough, but there was so much wrong with that performance there is a lot to bounce back from and having to do so v Fulham.
You are entitled to disagree... But I'm talking about a gut feel of a game... The 2nd half became laughable.

To be overly concerned tonight implies the previous 9 performances were 'a blip'... Come May, that may be proven true... Lets wait & see.

Londonccfcfan

Disagree original poster is right. Forest deserved zilch last year was absolute daylight robbery we lost there.

Today we deserved it. Didn't need the refs help to give them a pen that was clearly outside the box.

Jamiepwns

I'm well known within my family for having such a foul mood after a loss - after losing to Forest Green in L2 I threw my phone at a wall and smashed it.

However tonight, I'm absolutely fine. Maybe it's because I'm going on holiday tomorrow, or maybe it's like you and doesn't actually feel that bad.

Barnsley

That the beauty of football, It’s all about taking the rough with the smooth. That’s the one thing every football fan finds out at an early age, you can go from beating the run away leaders on the Saturday away from home to extend a 8 game unbeaten run, to getting turned over on your own patch the following Tuesday to a team cut adrift at the bottom, it’s what makes us fans keep coming back for more, and the bookies billionaires.

ccfc92

It was just as bad at Rotherham away in league 1 , we were utterly appalling that day and Rotherham didn't need a couple of dodgy decisions to do it either.. we went on to have a great season

Let's hope it's the same this season. Tonight was pure dog shit from the 1st minute.

Win vs Fulham n we're all smiles again, but play the same as tonight n it could be 0-10.

long way home

These games happen throughout a season and when they do you have to show a reaction. MR will learn more about his squad now than he did 1st 9 games. Tough games coming up let's see where we are after next 5 could give us an idea of where we are in this league.

clint van damme

I look at the bigger picture these days and we should still be top 6 Saturday which I'd have snapped your hand off for at the start.

That result hitting team morale is a worry but after the QPR away debacle last season we stepped up and went on a decent run, and Rotherham the season before didn't seem to affect us.

The Philosopher

The thing that hurt most was the lack of grit when we went 2/3 down.

Where were our leaders on the pitch? Fadz needed to lift them. It’s times like this that we missed a Doyle / Matty James style midfield general.

Luckily we’ve got the skipper. Kelly.

Why the F. leave him on the bench? If we’d have at least got one back then our fans would have had something to cheer.

It’s that that hurts. Lack of heart and a rare bad bad decision by Robins.

Torquay Sky Blue

I think we turned up last night like 11 billy big bollocks and quickly found out we ain't as good as we think we are. We've had to scrap for every point this season. Perhaps we went there believing in our own publicity a bit too much and before we knew it we're 3 down.
A kick up the arse every now and again isn't a bad thing. It's how you deal with it.

mark82

I'm well known within my family for having such a foul mood after a loss - after losing to Forest Green in L2 I threw my phone at a wall and smashed it.

However tonight, I'm absolutely fine. Maybe it's because I'm going on holiday tomorrow, or maybe it's like you and doesn't actually feel that bad.

I'm the same. Normally in such a foul mood when we lose. Something wasn't right last night, but I can't be mad at the team that has given the last 9 performances this season. They've, to a man, been utterly brilliant so far this year up until last night. Shake it off & move on.

covboy1987

In a perverse way, I feel better after a result like this than I did after losing to Forest away last season.

That fucking hurt for days... This is almost a 'get it out of the system' performance.

If we play well for 9 games & chuck in one horror every 10 games this season... Then we might be okay...
Nobody saw that coming - Tatics had a big say from the 1st minute as Luton seem to target our left flank from the off and continued to do so throughout the first half but we did not seem to counteract this - They threw us off our stride from the off with there pressing, never letting us put two or three passes together - Bad day at the office - You could say Luton management played a blinder and Coventry management had a mare -

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm ambivalent. We deserved to lose and I'm hoping it was a big wake up call of what we need to do to maintain where we are.

However, the thing that annoyed me most was that it was obvious our playing it out wasn't working against their press and the wing backs were being caught out after 15-20 minutes yet we persevered with it for the entire game. Once again MR showed a reluctance or inability to change things in game. What makes it even more frustrating is that he did exactly the same thing against Brentford last season and they didn't learn, so MR surely knew what was happening. Post-match he talked about playing differently away from home to pick up more points, so why wait for the next game to do it? If we couldn't because the players haven't been given a plan B in training, why not?

JeffB

I agree with everything that has been said. It is a wake up call for everybody getting carried away with talk of automatic promotion and play offs. We have been a joy to watch this season and our performances have made me proud to be a Coventry City fan.

One thing that does mystify me is why Steven Martin was appointed to referee this game when his contentious and controversial sending off of MacFadzean last season effectively gifted Luton 3 points . Another highly controversial decision in Luton's favour which came at a time which was most likely to once again influence the course of the game and the ultimate result should surely prompt the FA to be more discerning in their choice of officials for specific fixtures.

rhino1002

One result doesn't make a season be it good or bad result
Norwich lost 7-1 at home to Colchester in 2009 in league 1 and went up as champions
the season is a marathon not a sprint

Liquid Gold

I sort of get it. When we lose a tight game I’m pissed off at missed chances or mistakes. When the 5th went in last night I was just laughing.

Londonccfcfan

One thing that i certainly thought was very strange, was looking at the bench throughout the first half they all sat there! There was no rallying or bollockings, there was literally no direction coming from bench. They were sat down the whole time.

Saw AV stood up in 2nd half and trying to rally players. But it seemed like MR couldnt give a fuck. Which we all know isnt the case. Just strange.

SlowerThanPlatt

One thing that i certainly thought was very strange, was looking at the bench throughout the first half they all sat there! There was no rallying or bollockings, there was literally no direction coming from bench. They were sat down the whole time.

Saw AV stood up in 2nd half and trying to rally players. But it seemed like MR couldnt give a fuck. Which we all know isnt the case. Just strange.

Often like that, Viveash does most of the coaching

Legia Sky Blue

Time will tell but at this stage we just have to hope its a blip. Every season produces the odd bizarre result and performance, so let's hope that's all it was. The reaction against Fulham will be interesting, as after last night most people will expect another tonking.

Bugsy

Time will tell but at this stage we just have to hope its a blip. Every season produces the odd bizarre result and performance, so let's hope that's all it was. The reaction against Fulham will be interesting, as after last night most people will expect another tonking.

Reckon we will get a response and a result against Fulham, just the typical Coventry City way...... PUSB

steve101

I'm ambivalent. We deserved to lose and I'm hoping it was a big wake up call of what we need to do to maintain where we are.

However, the thing that annoyed me most was that it was obvious our playing it out wasn't working against their press and the wing backs were being caught out after 15-20 minutes yet we persevered with it for the entire game. Once again MR showed a reluctance or inability to change things in game. What makes it even more frustrating is that he did exactly the same thing against Brentford last season and they didn't learn, so MR surely knew what was happening. Post-match he talked about playing differently away from home to pick up more points, so why wait for the next game to do it? If we couldn't because the players haven't been given a plan B in training, why not?
I agree that the tactics and the not changing tactics were bizarre. We have been doing much less overly passing out from the back since midway through last season, which coincided with fewer silly goals conceded and more points. Yet for some reason the tactics were to do so amidst a highly energetic and effective press and on a tight pitch. Despite being caught out numerous times this continued throughout the game.

Users who are viewing this thread