Rcc (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Its a highly predictable story but the website HITC are reporting that Premier League and Championship clubs are monitoring him.

Otis

Well he has done incredibly well thus far, but it is very early days in his career. Also, if anyone did come in for him, he would be consigned to under 21 teams and reserve sides for many years to come I would have thought.

He's better off here, unless of course anyone wants to pay silly money for him and then loan him straight back.

chiefdave

Its a highly predictable story but the website HITC are reporting that Premier League and Championship clubs are monitoring him.

What does monitoring even mean? I imagine we're monitoring quite a lot of players and I would expect teams at a higher level to be monitoring anyone who's performing well in our division. Long jump from that to him leaving, especially when he's only played 5 games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I suspect that with him previously being on Arsenals books he was already sought after before he came to us. I guess he chose us as there was more of a chance of a young keeper getting into League One squad than he would be higher up.

He's certainly doing everything right to be attracting attention.

Otis

Oh bum, didn't realise his contract was up at the end of the season.

Unless we go up then I think he's a gonner!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

PL clubs 'monitor' hundreds off players.

This is just cheap journalism 'young keeper starts pro career very very well let's link him to decent clubs'.

hill83

As good as he is anyone can leave as far as I'm concerned. It's about the team rather than the individuals and whoever leaves I trust Mowbray to get a solid replacement.

ready_96

If he's not gonna sign an extension then lets sell him in january for £'s instead of him going on a free in the summer.

Houdi

Let's hope we win 6-5 on Saturday then,that's should dampen down any interest.Then just hope Cole and Armstrong don't get hat tricks ,3 own goals, Phillips, Martin and O'Brien all scoring would be perfect.:claping hands:

Yorkshire SB

He was class last night, didn't put a foot/glove wrong.
What impresses me is his confidence, he claimed crosses and the defenders evidently trust him to do so. He made a couple of excellent saves and his decision making regarding when to close and how far to close down was spot on. Not to mention his best attribute, which was his distribution, playing short with his hands or long with his feet - great excution and decision making.

Let's say I'm a fan..

Bugsy

I wish all these clubs would f**K OFF and leave us alone. just untill we win the league anyways.... PUSB

Juggernaut

He was brilliant last not and after 5 games of judging him yes he is better than Burge.

I still think Burge is a decent goalie though.

torchomatic

I see the CT have it on their website now. Not sure what they'd do for stories if it wasn't for SBT.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see post from Cap Dart.

honestken

I suspect that with him previously being on Arsenals books he was already sought after before he came to us. I guess he chose us as there was more of a chance of a young keeper getting into League One squad than he would be higher up.
on the contrary, Bury signed him after arsenal released him and they then released him after playing 2 games for them in 2013/14.

So we infact offerd him a lifeline in professional football.

hopefully he recognises this and the fact that we finally look like a club on the up this season and signs a new deal with us.

Just need to offer him a new contract now!!

torchomatic

rupert_bear

FFS RCC has played just 5 games, of course teams will monitor him they do all players especially young goalkeepers. Mowbray and Venus will be well aware of RCC's situation. As for RCC he will have to make a decision, move on and try and get a regular first team spot elsewhere or spend seasons, just like Keiren Westwood on his arse in the dug-out but retire a wealthy young man. Of all players goalies need to play first team football

Gazolba

I wonder if anyone is 'monitoring' Burge?

Hobo

RCC is a very promising keeper, I thought he would break through this season but not as soon as he has done. That is why Mowbrey wasn't busting a gut to sign a keeper as we have two decent young ones.

I can't think of many young keepers who have come into a side and kept clean sheets in their first four or five games? A very assured start and the jersey could be his for some time!

Users who are viewing this thread