Ray Ranson December 2009 (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

Well said Otis, I have never thought we should be paying the rent that we were (we are not paying anything at all now, as everyone knows). BUT how they have gone about trying to force ACL out of business and also when it became a massive issue for SHITSU was just another excuse for the mess-up they have over seen

My thoughts exactly. I have no problem with proper negeotiations taking place, but Sisu's disgusting actions in trying to destroy ACL I do have a problem with.

The stadium rent is just part of the clubs financial problems, but Sisu have used ACL as a scapegoat to distract their own financial failures.

covman

I don't know that, but I am certainly not willing to risk the future of the club on the possibility that there are.

Why did we sell to the much-despised SISU? Because, presumably, there weren't many other players. The men who got press coverage - from the club! - were a couple of jokers like Dhinsa and David. Now the club is in even worse shape ...

We are a league club making an admirable fist of things in L1 with a five-figure fanbase. If we were playing our games at the Memorial Park, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Self-respect would be a collective effort to help the club. Whipping the people of Coventry to support their club, because SISU's interests are really the same as ours. I'm not sure what is so self-respectful about putting the club next to the furnace and then praying for someone to save us.

So you clearly do not feel that our club has already got one foot in the furnace already?! Do you not believe that Our clubs future is currently at risk? Can I just remind you that our chairman was interviewed on Friday and admitted to the club being very close to insolvency! You must be deluded if you think you are erring on the side of caution sticking with SISU.

Colonel Mustard

So you clearly do not feel that our club has already got one foot in the furnace already?! Do you not believe that Our clubs future is currently at risk? Can I just remind you that our chairman was interviewed on Friday and admitted to the club being very close to insolvency! You must be deluded if you think you are erring on the side of caution sticking with SISU.

Mind-twisting logic. I don't get to "stick with SISU" any more than you get to "bring on administration". I would prefer that they continued treating us rather than pulling the plug and hoping a random benefactor with a five-star medical team dashes in.

Grendel

Ha ha, none of those clubs were being mismanaged like we are now! The ones you could slightly compare are Leeds and Southampton who were both taken over by new owners before they started climbing back up the leagues. I'm not disgruntled by our league position so much as being on the verge of extinction. Thanks for substantiating my previous post.

Illogical gibberish. Consider if you are capable that only 1 in 5 clubs that have been in administration since points penalties applied have seen an improvement in subsequent fortunes. Your argument is devoid of any intelligent thought.

WillieStanley

I also see the irony of those in our fan base who have so readily been harping on about morals are so willing for the club to go into administration or even liquidation.

Colonel Mustard

I also see the irony of those in our fan base who have so readily been harping on about morals are so willing for the club to go into administration or even liquidation.

Indeed! Job losses at the mimimum. More job losses & folding businesses & the UK's 12th largest city without a football club for the first time in 130 years at the worst. But hey, bring it on ... maybe the Magic Chinaman will appear with his bag o' cash. That's self-respect!

covman

Illogical gibberish. Consider if you are capable that only 1 in 5 clubs that have been in administration since points penalties applied have seen an improvement in subsequent fortunes. Your argument is devoid of any intelligent thought.
I cannot consider anything regarding that post as it makes no sense at all. All 5 clubs sit above us in the leagues, some have and do play in the premiership. Is this not an improvement in fortunes from being in league 1. I'm not encouraging administration by any means anyway. I encourage the removal of SISU.

Oh and if you could leave out the Star Trek terminology that we be great. Never really been into all that.

skybluehugh

We have been told we can not service our debts by the very people who own us, so where would we be being imoral. Our owners have said so maney times i have lost count, that we have the rent but are point blank refusing to pay it to the people who it is owed too that is ilegal.

covman

Our current owners repeatedly tell us that the club is unsustainable and is very close to becoming insolvent under their leadership and management. You want these owners to remain in place. It appears that it is people like you who are willing for the club to go into administration or even liquidation.

WillieStanley

Our current owners repeatedly tell us that the club is unsustainable and is very close to becoming insolvent under their leadership and management. You want these owners to remain in place. It appears that it is people like you who are willing for the club to go into administration or even liquidation.

That makes no sense at all.

Sky Blue Kid

I couldn't disagree with that.

We need to get a better rent agreement, or, we'll wither away and cease to exist because no sane person would invest in CCFC in our current state.

I do believe that if it weren't SISU negotiating, the fans would be on the CCFC's side, not ACL's and I also think ACL would've compromised by now.

Well!!!!!!!!.....I actually agree with a lot of what you've said, but with one proviso.....I wouldn't be on CCFC's side as such....because the Club via SISU have brought this on themselves, in saying this, imo ACL are in the right, but feel would have brought this to the table 9/10 months ago, and everything would have been resolved amicably then.
I still think if SISU were to get their "Paws" on ACL's share, CCFC would be dead within 6 months, if not sooner!

covman

That makes no sense at all.

It's quite self explanatory really.You could try breaking it down into small chunks and try to understand each part separately.

The people that run the club tell us they are going bust. You want these people to run the club. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JHarding1987

<p>
we have gone down</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>lost a lot of our best players</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>more fans have walked away</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Jimmy Saville has been found out</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Masood has left his wife for a young Geordie</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Ken Delieu sat on a bench</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>A dog won a talent competition</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Petrol is now the same price as gold</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>to buy a house you need to have won the lottery for the deposit</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Fat Pat died</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Mark Robins has been dontated to medical science as he has sky blue blood</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Starbucks pay as much tax as SISU do in rent</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Roy O'Donovan nearly scored</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>All food contains horse</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>some guy in america fell down a hole</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Gamnam style</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Marlon Kings out of prision</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Think thats it............</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Do me a favour, Dan doesnt know any of this.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
You sire are a comic genius.

curlyc_

we have gone down

lost a lot of our best players

more fans have walked away

Jimmy Saville has been found out

Masood has left his wife for a young Geordie

Ken Delieu sat on a bench

A dog won a talent competition

Petrol is now the same price as gold

to buy a house you need to have won the lottery for the deposit

Fat Pat died

Mark Robins has been dontated to medical science as he has sky blue blood

Starbucks pay as much tax as SISU do in rent

Roy O'Donovan nearly scored

All food contains horse

some guy in america fell down a hole

Gamnam style

Marlon Kings out of prision

Think thats it............

Do me a favour, Dan doesnt know any of this.

Haha. :laugh: Best reply/post I've ever read on here.

Users who are viewing this thread