Ray on the phone in ! (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

isn't the point of what he says not what is in the minutes but what isn't and the pressure he feels he is under to toe the party line.

Indeed. The trust could have raised the issue of the minutes being selective and that to could have been omitted from the minutes. In fact given what Ray has said if they have raised the point it almost certainly would have been omitted.

SkyBlueZack

Not wanting to cause an argument but are Ray's revelations actually revelations? As OSB pointed out we knew the club had final approval on minutes. Is it strange that the minutes don't cover word for word?

SkyBlueZack

Indeed. The trust could have raised the issue of the minutes being selective and that to could have been omitted from the minutes. In fact given what Ray has said if they have raised the point it almost certainly would have been omitted.

Then why continue attending? Why not refuse to attend on the basis that people are receiving emails if challenging TF/SISU. Refuse to attend on the basis the minutes are not a true and accurate reflection of the meeting?

Let's be honest, the trust wouldn't lose/miss out on anything. Nobody respects the SCG or thinks its fit for purpose. Why not out it?

skybluetony176

Not wanting to cause an argument but are Ray's revelations actually revelations? As OSB pointed out we knew the club had final approval on minutes. Is it strange that the minutes don't cover word for word?

Not being word for word would be normal and acceptable. The suggestion seems to be whole subjects are omitted from the minutes because the owners don't approve and the people / person who raised said subject seem to be getting harassed personally after the event.

That's an issue.

SkyBlueZack

Can't help but think this is up there with Juggy and his revelations. The trust have been vocal about the SCG, there is no love lost there. Why has no one from the trust mentioned it before? Why didn't Steve, upon resigning as chairman, reveal this?

NB I'm also fully aware asking questions makes me a SISU lover/apologist. I'm ok with this.

skybluetony176

Then why continue attending? Why not refuse to attend on the basis that people are receiving emails if challenging TF/SISU. Refuse to attend on the basis the minutes are not a true and accurate reflection of the meeting?

Let's be honest, the trust wouldn't lose/miss out on anything. Nobody respects the SCG or thinks its fit for purpose. Why not out it?

That would be my personal position but the trust represents a group and they probably owe it to that group and say what that group feels. Doesn't mean that they are getting any answers and certainly doesn't mean that any questions that ask are included in the minutes.

You'd also have to say that there is possibly a sense of loyalty in attending. Wasn't the SCG the trusts idea in the first place?

Nick

Administrator
Can't help but think this is up there with Juggy and his revelations. The trust have been vocal about the SCG, there is no love lost there. Why has no one from the trust mentioned it before? Why didn't Steve, upon resigning as chairman, reveal this?

NB I'm also fully aware asking questions makes me a SISU lover/apologist. I'm ok with this.
Because it's a power thing. The trust are going on and on about fan ownership and they are all in a battle to Willy wave about a pointless thing anyway that makes no difference. I wouldn't be surprised if people on there make their own business cards and introduce themselves as their scg title. It's the same as the multiple fans groups.

It should be about people like pat from the jsbs and the match day stuff.

Nick

Administrator
Will you be starting a thread on SCG spin and taking apart everything that the SCG print in every tiny detail looking for the smallest hint of spin?
Will you be going to a city match or just coming on here trying to defend everything and anything that isn't sisu to try and prove a point?

How often are people at the scg at games supporting ccfc compared to you, gilbert and the telegraph editor?

A working man's captain dart / Jack Griffin.

Have you read what I said about the scg yesterday?

skybluetony176

Will you be going to a city match or just coming on here trying to defend everything and anything that isn't sisu to try and prove a point?

How often are people at the scg at games supporting ccfc compared to you, gilbert and the telegraph editor?

Been, gone, going again and going again. Not sure what your point is. I'll try asking again

Will you be starting a thread on SCG spin and taking apart everything that the SCG print in every tiny detail looking for the smallest hint of spin?

Nick

Administrator
Been, gone, going again and going again. Not sure what your point is. I'll try asking again

Maybe, will have to see the next minutes. Will also help if people point out what's missing off there to judge better.

I'll probably just say how pointless it is over and over and How people there are doing it for status (mostly) rather than trying to make a difference and they should all be sacked off.

You will probably try to argue that though.

Last edited:

wingy

Did they always have
I think the answer is no.

SkyBlueZack

They have for some time. Been common knowledge has it not? Not what I would call a revelation as such? Do they leave things out that show them in a bad light? More than likely, it's the world we live in. Still anything to get wound up about.

torchomatic

True, but that wouldn't stop them posting on here or putting something on their website. I don't read their website so apologies in advance if they already have done so in the past.

wingy

They have for some time. Been common knowledge has it not? Not what I would call a revelation as such? Do they leave things out that show them in a bad light? More than likely, it's the world we live in. Still anything to get wound up about.
Around two years out of how many?

SkyBlueZack

How long has the SCG been around then? I don't pay much attention to it. As long as I've been aware the minutes have been approved by the club.

Grendel

No one gives a toss about the SCG and they are s laughing stock. To my knowledge though they haven't;

Rolled out the red carpet for some rugby wankers from London
Praised the council at every opportunity
Rubbished the football club at every opportunity

Still you used to slober and drool over that tosser Gilbert when he used to post on here. No doubt you were also one of the clowns who fawned over the odious PWKH (only my opinion you are odious PWKH)

Bore off and go back to the DIY there's a good chap.

chiefdave

The trust can't say shit without getting lambasted on the SCG or on here. How would this end up any different.
I can't imagine many people having an issue if, assuming what is being claimed is true, the trust resigned from the SCG on the basis any differing opinion was ignored and the minutes weren't a factual representation of the meetings.

Resignation letter copied to the CT would do the trick. Again if its true you'd expect a lot of the others to follow suit.

NorthernWisdom

I can't imagine many people having an issue if, assuming what is being claimed is true, the trust resigned from the SCG on the basis any differing opinion was ignored and the minutes weren't a factual representation of the meetings.

Hmmm.

tbf they couldn't do that alone, could they, as it'd be spun the other way round as trust being primadonnas. I can also see a distinct logic to revolution from within.

Best thing would be now somone's broken ranks, for all those who agreed to come together and stop going.

Wheelfass

It always turns into a squabble doesn't it. We were discussing Rays phone call on CWR. Please excuse the partial copy and post............

It is extremely disconcerting to hear that following meetings at which he has offered a critical view towards the clubs owners that he himself would be lambasted via emails. He even went on to say that he expected to receive several more emails after his public revelations on CWR.
I wonder if Ray could make some of those emails public and get them posted up on here.
Just a thought.

Does anyone know Ray or knows someone that has contact with him To ask if we may be able to see a copy of some of the emails that he has received.

wingy

Resignation letter copied to the CT would do the trick. Again if its true you'd expect a lot of the others to follow suit.
Not that simple if in an intimidatory atmosphere
The other point is relevant though
Personally I would have dropped out around three years ago
I guess there are reasons for staying within.

chiefdave

Not that simple if in an intimidatory atmosphere
Seems pretty simple to me. Given part of the claim is people are being essentially bullied via email then its pretty easy for evidence to be produced to back up the claims. Can't imagine the Telegraph would have any qualms about printing them.

letsallsingtogether

True, but that wouldn't stop them posting on here or putting something on their website. I don't read their website so apologies in advance if they already have done so in the past.
The trust did bring out one set of minutes early.
They were then treated by the club and the group for breach of confidentiality.
Unfortunately the group is a waste of time shame really as it works really well at nearly every other club.

I agree the trust should resign from this group as it would then have to be disbanded.
FL rules state that every group of this kind has to have a supporters trust member on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread