Ratings (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Definitely need a new fitness coach because what we lack in ability being fitter than the opposition is got to be an advantage. Meyler by some is getting bad reviews, I thought he done quite well today and the first ball he put through for Thomas was sublime, we give others a break because they are not fit so lets cut him some slack. Willis is quick and errr fuckin stupid at times, maybe thats what we get for lower league players, maybe we expect too much with some of the cock ups and lets be fair from all the players not just Willis who gave Burge no chance to be honest!!
Our strike 'force' is virtually non existent so once again their defence had an easy game. Bright at times showed quality but did labour a bit and was rightly subbed, didn't see an awful lot from the new Chelsea guy who I can't remember his name but his first contribution was beat his man and cross it so on that alone better than Shitley already....If only we had a decent striker or indeed a half decent one atm

rob9872

Shitley? Did you make that up all by yourself? Awww. Well done.

A few references to him in this thread and he did ok today. Not spectacular and a few wayward passes, but nothing catastrophic and certainly better when moved to his more favoured central role. Seems to be a target for the boo boys whatever his contribution. A young kid, one of our own, cost nothing, played for about a year, scored at Wembley, works hard. Others escape blame. Not at fault at either end and some shocking contributions. I get that he's not a world beater but really wish some would lay off him. Confidence is fragile particularly in less experienced or battle hardened players and getting behind them would really help. Guess that's not the City way.

DannyThomas_1981

A few references to him in this thread and he did ok today. Not spectacular and a few wayward passes, but nothing catastrophic and certainly better when moved to his more favoured central role. Seems to be a target for the boo boys whatever his contribution. A young kid, one of our own, cost nothing, played for about a year, scored at Wembley, works hard. Others escape blame. Not at fault at either end and some shocking contributions. I get that he's not a world beater but really wish some would lay off him. Confidence is fragile particularly in less experienced or battle hardened players and getting behind them would really help. Guess that's not the City way.

Well said Rob. I personally despise the boo boy mentality. Seems that some for whatever reason are happier singling out players and ruining confidence vs. supporting the team. Great supporters! We’re all going to have opinions but wanting certain players to fail is a mystery. Whoever wears the shirt has my full support on the pitch.

Garryb80

Well said Rob. I personally despise the boo boy mentality. Seems that some for whatever reason are happier singling out players and ruining confidence vs. supporting the team. Great supporters! We’re all going to have opinions but wanting certain players to fail is a mystery. Whoever wears the shirt has my full support on the pitch.
I personally dont want any player to fail but i will say when they do.

He wasnt, and isnt, very good at this level. Being born here etc is a cover up used by sentimental fans. Meyler for example is getting abuse by some yet he looked a cut above to me and just lacked a bit of fitness. We had a few attacks fail because of shipleys decision making or poor passing. I don't want players to fail but unlike some i can accept when they have and wont improve.

DannyThomas_1981

I personally dont want any player to fail but i will say when they do.

He wasnt, and isnt, very good at this level. Being born here etc is a cover up used by sentimental fans. Meyler for example is getting abuse by some yet he looked a cut above to me and just lacked a bit of fitness. We had a few attacks fail because of shipleys decision making or poor passing. I don't want players to fail but unlike some i can accept when they have and wont improve.
Garry do you support the abuse of individual players during a match? Just interested in how this is ever justified in terms of helping the team. It’s interesting in that during our time at Northampton some of our younger players preferred playing there vs. the Ricoh as the abuse and negativity at the Ricoh was not helpful. I think the Ricoh is much better now in supporting the team and would not want the boo boys to change that.

Warwickhunt

Burge - 6 didn’t have a lot to do but did it all very well. If he shouted to Willis to give him the ball then that was a poor decision

Sterling - 7 typical sterling performance, strong at both ends, looks a footballer now his time with us has improved him a lot

Willis - 6 a good game considering he has been injured but should have gone for row Z rather than trying to guide the ball to Burge would have got a & otherwise

McCallum - 5 much improved on last performance but was caught out of position on a few occasions

Thomas - 6 opposition has sussed him out and needs to work himself space, final ball decsions still need to be worked on. drove their left back mad as he was in his face first half but dropped off 2nd (MR must have had a pep talk to him at 1/2 time)

Meyler - 6.5 Nice to have an experienced player but clearly lacking match fitness

Shipley - 4 still trying to work out what position he was supposed to be playing

Westbrooke - 5 neat and tidy needs to be a bit move agressive

Bright - 7.5 thought he was a class above but towards the end as he tired

Hiwula - 5 Ran the channel well but no decent balls were given to him

Subs

Bayliss - 6 looked a bit better than Westerbrook drove forward with the ball a lot

Bakayoko - 5 Two clear cut chances to become a hero but fluffed them

Overall we looked better as a unit and played some good interactive passes in their area, we see Man City do this type of play every day but we do not have a player who says "Fuck this for a game of Soldiers" and leathers the ball at goal! everyone is trying to get the perfect shooting position and in this league it nigh on impossible to find that space

Warwickhunt

A Bloke sat behind me who i had never seen before and was moaning all fucking match! but not like me though in the end i said "where do you normally sit" and he sad block 23 and not like me at all i said can you get back over there as you are giving me a bloody headache. My God why do they come to the match if they cannot understand players and positioning within the match and shouting useless C%$T does nothing to agenda support

Pete in Portugal

I thought his reverse gear had broke after he scored. But he did still managed to get forward a couple of times afterwards. His attitude was shocking after he scored. Total lack of effort to defend.

I thought it was difficult to tell whether Bright was injured, tired or disinterested after he scored. At the time, I did wonder whether he thought he should have been taken off injured, but was told that he had to continue and hence his bad attitude in response. That's just speculation on my part, but it fits what we saw. He clearly was not covering and defending properly - very much going through the motions without any effort.

Nick

Administrator
I thought it was difficult to tell whether Bright was injured, tired or disinterested after he scored. At the time, I did wonder whether he thought he should have been taken off injured, but was told that he had to continue and hence his bad attitude in response. That's just speculation on my part, but it fits what we saw. He clearly was not covering and defending properly - very much going through the motions without any effort.
He was injured a bit earlier.

Pete in Portugal

Burge 6 - looked better than in recent games and not to blame for the penalty
Sterling 6 - struggled a bit by his standards
Willis 5 - was to blame for the pen. - should've taken responsibility for clearing the ball into row z
Hyam 6 - much improved compared to last week
McCallum - 5 - not up to the pace yet
Meyler 6 - 7 in 1st half, 5 when he tired in 2nd. Looked like a leader.
Westbrooke - 6 tried hard and got stuck in. Distribution needs to improve.
Shipley 5 - worked hard but too many poor passes
Bright 6 - 7 for first half performance, but appeared very lazy just before and after he scored. Injured? Tired? Attitude? I don't know - maybe all 3
Thomas - 6 lively and a threat
Hiwula - 4 isolated and ineffective

Bakayoko 3 - poor
Bayliss 7 - made an immediate impact by running through their mid-fielders

Robins 5 - persisting with 4-2-3-1, when we don't have anyone capable of playing upfront on their own

Watched on iPlayer

covcity4life

Shut up u fucking idiot

All you do is list sentimental reasons whybhe should not be criticised for his on pitch performances

Hes worst player on pitch and thankgullu people in ricoh are now agreeing with me jidging by the comments around me

ceetee

A Bloke sat behind me who i had never seen before and was moaning all fucking match! but not like me though in the end i said "where do you normally sit" and he sad block 23 and not like me at all i said can you get back over there as you are giving me a bloody headache. My God why do they come to the match if they cannot understand players and positioning within the match and shouting useless C%$T does nothing to agenda support
Sounds like a guy who sits a few rows behind us. We missed his entertainment yesterday

Garryb80

Garry do you support the abuse of individual players during a match? Just interested in how this is ever justified in terms of helping the team. It’s interesting in that during our time at Northampton some of our younger players preferred playing there vs. the Ricoh as the abuse and negativity at the Ricoh was not helpful. I think the Ricoh is much better now in supporting the team and would not want the boo boys to change that.
Its natural reaction to shout during a game. Is it dis similar to fans blowing smoke up their arses on social media making them out to be super heroes tho? Both have extreme impacts for different reasons

stevefloyd

Ahh the demons of drink have come back to haunt me...Of course I meant Shipley, apologies to young Jordan and all

Otis

Sounds like a guy who sits a few rows behind us. We missed his entertainment yesterday
There was a bloke in Block 19 yesterday who at one point was screaming 'Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!' for several seconds, even when there was clearly no opportunity to shoot.

Adge

Doesn’t make today’s result any easier to take but probably worth mentioning since we (rightly) slate the refs performance most weeks, thought today’s did well and was the best officiating I’ve seen this season. Wasn’t a whole lot he needed to get right, but wasn’t the usual nonsense decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop the press! Praise for the officials!;)

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

If it's when he didn't chase back he'd just been on the floor. Not sure if he'd taken a knock or something Assumed he'd been taken out late when he played the ball through (or at least slipped or something).

It looked to me like he'd screwed the pass up, lay on the floor for ages and then sulked his way back into our half eventually. Maybe he had picked up a knock but it didn't look like it. I have to say it surprised me as I haven't seen anything else from him to suggest he's prone to a tantrum, maybe he was just knackered.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Doesn’t make today’s result any easier to take but probably worth mentioning since we (rightly) slate the refs performance most weeks, thought today’s did well and was the best officiating I’ve seen this season. Wasn’t a whole lot he needed to get right, but wasn’t the usual nonsense decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought he did well too, credit where it's due!

Cov kid 55

Shut up u fucking idiot

All you do is list sentimental reasons whybhe should not be criticised for his on pitch performances

Hes worst player on pitch and thankgullu people in ricoh are now agreeing with me jidging by the comments around me
This post surprises me, because I know you are a massive supporter of the team. So why abuse someone who is merely asking people not to abuse our young players, but to get behind them, and give them the confidence to perform to their highest potential? And I agree with Rob, calling players ‘Shitley’ Or ‘McWankty’ (remember how that ended?) - isn’t clever, and is really disrespectful to a young lad who tries really hard for his team.

shmmeee

Fuck me The Samaritans are needed in here.

It’s like it’s peoples first season supporting City or something.

We aren’t going to get relegated and we’ll be fine next season you big bunch of girls.

Terry Gibson's perm

Alot of these ratings low becauae of equaliser i feel. Mcallum had a good game

Only if you compare it to his previous one he is well out of his depth, always out of position and very weak. Brown is the best of the four but he persists with Mason and him.

Otis

Only if you compare it to his previous one he is well out of his depth, always out of position and very weak. Brown is the best of the four but he persists with Mason and him.
Yeah, that's the problem. Okay with the ball, but if you observed him without the ball he was a little bit lost at times.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I thought Shipley had a much improved game. I was particularly impressed with his running into space and showing for passes. Im afraid a lot of fans don't notice things like that. In fact they only notice what they want to.

I thought Shipley was ok as well, sure a few passes went astray but so did passes from Westbrooke, Meyler and Hiwula. Showed for the ball well and was involved in some neat bits of play around the box. My first time at the Ricoh in almost 5 years and it’s noticeable how much abuse Shipley gets as soon as the crowd get frustrated at the team. He bears the brunt for a lot of the team’s shortcomings it seems. For example, I didn’t hear a single complaint about or abuse towards Willis despite his mistake ultimately costing us 2 points.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah, that's the problem. Okay with the ball, but if you observed him without the ball he was a little bit lost at times.

He is ok and may improve with experience but he is not ready and surely Robins can see that.

sylus

My ratings....

Burge. 6..
Sterling.6.5
Willis.6.5.
Hyam.6
McCallum.6
Thomas. 7
Westbrooke. 6
Meyler.7
Shipley.6
Enobakhare .7.5 Motm.
Hiwula.6

Subs..
Bayliss.6.5
Bakayoko.4.

Better than the Blackpool game,but the same boring build up,slow play and one up top,Opposition defenders have an easy day when they visit here,that needs to stop..4.4.2. not so deep,add pace and be more direct with 2 strikers and the goals will come,i'm sure. My problem is Robin's is to negative especially at home, go for it city.

DannyThomas_1981

Shut up u fucking idiot

CCFC I like a lot of your posts but can’t like this one. Needless.

And ending any argument with ‘people around me in the Ricoh agree’ is pretty weak given the absolutely idiotic and brain dead opinions that I frequently hear around me!

Calista

Robins 5 - persisting with 4-2-3-1, when we don't have anyone capable of playing upfront on their own
It looked like 4-1-4-1 to me. I've no problem with one up front if they are well supported, but yesterday Hiwula was shockingly isolated and stood no chance. Bright and Thomas seemed to have been told to play more like wide midfielders than attackers, which is a complete waste of their obvious skills.

Users who are viewing this thread