Ratings (4 Viewers)

steve82

The thing is, Chaplin also wants to play with his back to goal rather than make runs in behind.

And that’s one huge issue we have and why we lack bodies in the box.
That was one reason why I think Hiwula could change that dynamics a little if played up front for a run of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

Gibbo, I'm afraid I disagree with you about Chaplin - I think he's got a football brain that's sharper than many of his team-mates, and especially JCH. His flick that put Thomas through for the penalty that wasn't given was brilliant. I said to my (equally ancient) mate last night that he reminded me a lot of Roger van Gool, who was, in my opinion, also so far ahead of his team-mates that he didn't look as good as he should have.

I do agree about Hiwula though - I think Robbins should have taken him off earlier - it was clear that it wasn't going to be his night.

Van Gool was tripe

stupot07

Two varying types of physical players playing a modern version of a target man type lead role last night. JCH and Toney of Peterborough.

JCH works more back to goal looks to win it and that tends to be him done. Ivan Toney looked to win it then was moving towards goal then either with the ball or look to be a threat again in the next phase of play.

Would you swap JCH for Toney, or think JCH could play that way in this role MR is asking him to play.
I think I would swap

Yes I would swap him. It's a real Shame Biamou got injured, hes a much better foil upfront and would have been playing ahead of JCH. The longer JCH and Chaplin play together, the less of an understanding they seem to have and look less and less of a strike partnership. They Just dont compliment each other.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adge

Decent game which could have gone either way. Brown now starting to look the part and Grimmer on the other side also. Doyle I thought was ok but an awful mistake obviously and he knew it.All that’s missing from Bayliss and Thomas is composure at the right time. JCH a beast up front and a good cameo from Baka with an assist too.
Burge 7
Grimmer 7
Hyam 7
Willis 7
Brown 7
Doyle 6
Hiwula 4
Bayliss 7
Thomas 7
JCH 7 Man of the match
Chaplin 6

Baka 6

Warwickhunt

Yes I would swap him. It's a real Shame Biamou got injured, hes a much better foil upfront and would have been playing ahead of JCH. The longer JCH and Chaplin play together, the less of an understanding they seem to have and look less and less of a strike partnership. They Just dont compliment each other.

the more MR keeps Chaplin to keep getting back into midfield is causing the misunderstanding between JCH and him! JCH does not know where he will be from one minute to the next!

Grendel

Biamou looked hopelessly out of his depth in the games he played this season. We’d be in real trouble if he was “leading” the line

steve82

Now I could see what Max Biamou offered in L2 and liked him, however in L1 I’m not so sure he could of made the transition jumping up two leagues in little over 12 months.

Now with this injury, and missing so much football in his late 20’s too stepping up the game im not convinced at all.
Such a shame.

rob9872

Biamou looked hopelessly out of his depth in the games he played this season. We’d be in real trouble if he was “leading” the line
I wasn't impressed either but he wasn't aline and we were collectively awful in those games. I too think Jono is the better all round player, but the flip side of that is how much MM loved playing with Max and the space he created.

stupot07

I wasn't impressed either but he wasn't aline and we were collectively awful in those games. I too think Jono is the better all round player, but the flip side of that is how much MM loved playing with Max and the space he created.
Now I could see what Max Biamou offered in L2 and liked him, however in L1 I’m not so sure he could of made the transition jumping up two leagues in little over 12 months.

Now with this injury, and missing so much football in his late 20’s too stepping up the game im not convinced at all.
Such a shame.

Its all matter of opinion. Robins obviously believed he could step up which is why he gave him a 3 year deal in the summer. Interestingly only giving Hiwula, Bakayoko and JCH 2 years despite being younger.

He only started 2 league games one of which he was injured after 5 mins, he also never played in the same side as Chaplin or bar the 5 minutes before injury Thomas. Collectively we were poor in those early games with Andreu offering nothing.

For me, JCH bar the odd game hasn't looked particularly good enough for league one, and surprisingly Doesn't look like he wants to score goals and his alround play and technique is pretty poor. After struggling to command a place in league two, I Didn't think we should sign him, and I haven't seen much from him to suggest I was wrong. I dont even know what type of a striker he is, hes not really a target man, hes not a poacher, hes not a no.10, he Doesn't really run in behind.

Worst of a we've spent £300k+ on someone who can't get anywhete near the starting 11.

Hopefully they will both prove me wrong as that will mean success for the club.

Gibbo

Its all matter of opinion. Robins obviously believed he could step up which is why he gave him a 3 year deal in the summer. Interestingly only giving Hiwula, Bakayoko and JCH 2 years despite being younger.

He only started 2 league games one of which he was injured after 5 mins, he also never played in the same side as Chaplin or bar the 5 minutes before injury Thomas. Collectively we were poor in those early games with Andreu offering nothing.

For me, JCH bar the odd game hasn't looked particularly good enough for league one, and surprisingly Doesn't look like he wants to score goals and his alround play and technique is pretty poor. After struggling to command a place in league two, I Didn't think we should sign him, and I haven't seen much from him to suggest I was wrong. I dont even know what type of a striker he is, hes not really a target man, hes not a poacher, hes not a no.10, he Doesn't really run in behind.

Worst of a we've spent £300k+ on someone who can't get anywhete near the starting 11.

Hopefully they will both prove me wrong as that will mean success for the club.

Gibbo

27 people posted ratings - a record. And several players really divide opinion - JCH and Chaplin.

Voted man of the match was Thomas with Bayliss second. That is a marked improvement for Bayliss
Dud of the match was Hirwula - his third DotM in succession. As the Player Ratings have been a guide to who is about to be dropped - Shipley for instance - Hirwula maybe out for Tuesday

I never posted for Burton, it was grim viewing, but Burge was Man of the Match by a country mile, and as I said Hirwula the dud. You voted it our 4th worst performance, after Bristol, Pompey and Blackpool

27 people posted ratings - a record. And several players really divide opinion - JCH and Chaplin.

Voted man of the match was Thomas with Bayliss second. That is a marked improvement for Bayliss
Dud of the match was Hirwula - his third DotM in succession. As the Player Ratings have been a guide to who is about to be dropped - Shipley for instance - Hirwula maybe out for Tuesday

I never posted for Burton, it was grim viewing, but Burge was Man of the Match by a country mile, and as I said Hirwula the dud. You voted it our 4th worst performance, after Bristol, Pompey and Blackpool

Real shame about Hiwalu, he seems to have a lot of ability but just cant seem to consistently put it together. I think he could be a real handful if it all clicks into place. Chaplin getting that goal not only for the obvious reason of the result was massive for me and i am really hoping it will be the spark for him.

Malaka

I cant be bothered rating this week, however, I thought we were piss poor down the left, apart from his goal, Chaplin was decidedly average (how he got man of the match I will never know). As much as I like Doyle, we have to find a playmaker to replace him. Our two best players on the night were Thomas and Bayliss.
Oh and before I forget Steve Evans is a Malaka!

Users who are viewing this thread