Ratings (6 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
O Brien dog shit, Midfield non existent, Strikers had a pointless task of chasing a ball in the air all game. Got it to their feet a couple of times and things happened.

Robins has lost the plot, expect loads of changes on Saturday but still playing a shite system with an isolated striker.

larry_david

Fuck em all off. I mean, I've had 8 pints and haven't seen anything apart from lob is shit but I could have told you that 11 months ago

Otis

I didn't watch it, but I am guessing lots of 1's and 2's.

No idea on ratings though.

Marty

O'Brien - 0 - How is he a professional football, I've seen semi pro keepers look far better then him.
Rest of team - 1 - They only got a 1 as I want to show how bad O'Brien was.
Robins - 0 - Absolutely clueless. I said at the end of last season his position needed looking at as hes incapable of changing games. Poor signings, poor tactics.

luwalla

O Brien - 1 , not a lot to do and he did it terribly

Hyam did ok , Willis did what he does and row Zs it when needed. Everyone else not great, can someone get bakayako some Augmented reality glasses that show him the offside line in real time !!!
Notes for the weekend . Play burge. Get Allassani on. play Bayliss down the middle.

Samo

Oooh this is gonna be savage!

Nick

Administrator
O Brien - 1 , not a lot to do and he did it terribly

Hyam did ok , Willis did what he does and row Zs it when needed. Everyone else not great, can someone get bakayako some Augmented reality glasses that show him the offside line in real time !!!
Notes for the weekend . Play burge. Get Allassani on. play Bayliss down the middle.

Bayliss was down the middle, he was shocking.

Hiwula comes on with the ball at his feet and shows some class touches.

Otis

O'Brien - 0 - How is he a professional football, I've seen semi pro keepers look far better then him.
Rest of team - 1 - They only got a 1 as I want to show how bad O'Brien was.
Robins - 0 - Absolutely clueless. I said at the end of last season his position needed looking at as hes incapable of changing games. Poor signings, poor tactics.
Thing is, I'm not sure we can conclude on the poor signings yet, Marty.

If we had, had this same conversation at this exact point last season we would pretty much all be saying McNulty was a poor signing.

Not looking great, but we do need to give players at least 10 games. Before the season we were all hearing great things about Ogogo and Brown and Sterling and to a degree, Hiwula too.

We need to ascertain whether these players aren't good enough, or just aren't good enough at the moment. Andreu was quite poor on Saturday and apparently Tom Bayliss was dreadful tonight. We do need to give players time.

Marty

Thing is, I'm not sure we can conclude on the poor signings yet, Marty.

If we had, had this same conversation at this exact point last season we would pretty much all be saying McNulty was a poor signing.

Not looking great, but we do need to give players at least 10 games. Before the season we were all hearing great things about Ogogo and Brown and Sterling and to a degree, Hiwula too.

We need to ascertain whether these players aren't good enough, or just aren't good enough at the moment. Andreu was quite poor on Saturday and apparently Tom Bayliss was dreadful tonight. We do need to give players time.

Fair point, I'm sure a change in formation would help too.

luwalla

Bayliss was down the middle, he was shocking.

Hiwula comes on with the ball at his feet and shows some class touches.

I know I watched it. I said notes for this weekend, play Bayliss down the Middle with Allassani down the wing. Bayliss was battled out of the game tonight as Blackpool knew that’s all they had to worry about!! Put a decent winger on and spread the danger across the pitch, create space

speedie87

Obrien 2 both the one save first half. Otherwise he’s a clown
Sterling 4 he’s so slow in everything he does
Willis 6 did ok
Hyam 8 motm
Brown 4 poor
Doyle 5
Ogog 4
Shipley 4
Bayliss 5
Thomas 5
Bakayoko 3 get onside man

JuFoster

O Brien - 3 - messed up for the two goals
Sterling - 3 - no ambition, not going forward, getting worse
Willis - 4 - dull, punting the ball forward, lacked ambition
Hyam - 8 - if everyone played like him today we'd have won comfortably
Brown - 6 - did ok, and seemed keen
Doyle - 5 - failed to control the middle with Ogogo, but the better of the two
Ogogo - 3 - Terrible touches, always looking backwards, failed to get any control
Baylis - 4 - poor game, no penetration, not sure what the plan was
L. Thomas - 5 - lacked support to be dangerous anywhere, faded.
Shipley - 4 - Poor touches, didn't get forward enough
Bakayoko - 2 - Pathetic performance, offside, lazy, low effort, poor quality. Must be dropped.

Subs:
Andreu - 7 - should've started
Hiwula - 5 - tried to inject something, should, have started ahead of Shipley

Robins - 3 - Could not adjust the Ogogo - Doyle situation in midfield, Bakayoko just a terrible signing, Bayliss, Thomas, Sterling, Brown all decent players lacking any kind of game plan to work to.

Otis

Doyle wasn't in the game, he was shit scared of Spearing.
Interesting to note he got bullied off the ball on Saturday too. Hardly happened at all last season from what I saw.

Maybe a season too far for him this time?

Skybluefaz

O'Brien - 2, made one decent save but totally his fault for both goals
Sterling - 4, really doesn't look ready for first team football
Willis - 5, not too bad
Hyam - 8, tackled and headed well played the ball out. Didn't deserve that shit
Brown - 4, Mason is better
Doyle - 5, battled, to no end though
Ogogo - 3, gave away cheap free kicks, poor quality on the ball
Thomas - 5, tried. Never got him on the ball in good positions
Bayliss - 5, crowded out most of the time
Shipley - 3, Did nothing
Bakayoko - 3, poor to be offside so much

pusbccfc

O'Brien 1 - Proving exactly why he never kept his place last season. Too many mistakes. A shambles tonight.

Sterling 2 - A very poor footballer. Not sure how or why he is rated so highly at Chelsea. Beat time and time again and a mess going forward.

Hyam 7 - Only man to keep the ball down and try and play football. Only man to come and clap the fans properly.

Willis 4 - Once again proving why he has never made it as a higher level defender. Constant long ball to strikers who haven't won a header in their careers.

Brown 3 - Makes Haynes look a world beater.

Doyle 4 - At least he tried to pass the ball about. However, it's not surprising that Pompey let him go in this league. Too slow.

Ogogo 2 - A poor passing version of Doyle. He would be a useful player alongside a good ball-playing midfielder.

Shipley 2 - Not even sure what to say about him tonight.

Bakayoko 0 - Currently battling for top spot on the most inept strikers we've had in the 21st century. Didn't win a header all night. Offside every other ball forward.

Bayliss 2 - His worst performance in Sky Blue. Feels like he's had the confidence torn out of him.

Skybluefaz

Where is the overreaction? I think most would agree that was one of the worst performances from any striker in their time supporting the club.
He was offside an inexcusable amount of times but Biamou was worse on Saturday when he came on. He had no service. You can't really judge a striking performance in that game.

pusbccfc

Everything he touched turned to shit. Never mind though. That kind of confirms my thoughts.

I was the first to say Biamou had his worst game Saturday but he still made one of two good touches and won the ball in the air.

Bakayoko did nothing other than stand offside and fail to win a header for 70 minutes.

Nick

Administrator
I was the first to say Biamou had his worst game Saturday but he still made one of two good touches and won the ball in the air.

Bakayoko did nothing other than stand offside and fail to win a header for 70 minutes.

He isn't a target man though. It's like moaning McNulty isn't winning things in the air or Chaplin. Aimlessly hoofing forward for 70 minutes to him on his own is pointless. It was obvious after the first 3 times of doing it against Wimbledon.

Otis

He was, at least Baka setup 2 counter attacks with decent touches when he got the ball properly. I like Biamou, but he was dire.
He was. Same here, I quite like him, but that was awful from him on Saturday.

pusbccfc

He isn't a target man though. It's like moaning McNulty isn't winning things in the air or Chaplin. Aimlessly hoofing forward for 70 minutes to him on his own is pointless. It was obvious after the first 3 times of doing it against Wimbledon.

Granted, and as stated in my ratings, players like Willis constantly punting balls in the air is part of the issue.

However, I've never seen a player of 6'4 fail to win a header like he does.

The problem is, if he isn't a target man, what is he? He's not quick, his touch is poor, he isn't going to create chances. I wanted him to prove Walsall fans wrong but they have been correct with everything they said.

Nick

Administrator
Granted, and as stated in my ratings, players like Willis constantly punting balls in the air is part of the issue.

However, I've never seen a player of 6'4 fail to win a header like he does.

The problem is, if he isn't a target man, what is he? He's not quick, his touch is poor, he isn't going to create chances. I wanted him to prove Walsall fans wrong but they have been correct with everything they said.

He is quick. He needs the ball to his feet or in the channels, not miles up in the air against a couple of defenders with nobody around him. He got the ball to feet a few times on Sat and linked up well. When he had the ball at an acceptable height tonight he laid it off nicely (put Shipley and Bayliss through from what I remember) with decent counter attacks.

Even if he won every single header tonight, what difference would it make? It would roll through to their keeper or their midfield would have picked up the 2nd ball.

It's the same as JCH, he hardly wins anything in the air but give him a 50/50 in the channels against a defender he will usually win it.

Users who are viewing this thread