Ratings (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

RCC 9 - I think we've found a real gem
Phillips 7 - Tried hard and great run forward that nearly led to goal
Stokes 7 - Solid again
Martin 7 - He's improved immeasurably
Ricketts 7 - Good
Morris 5 - Energetic but absolutely useless on the ball. Telegraph passes.
Vincelot 6 - Tigerish but wasteful at times
Cole 6 - Some way from fitness but glimpses of his quality
JOB 7 - Tried to make things happen Armstrong 6 - Wasted on the right but should have scored
Fortune 4 - Needs a rest
Subs
Kent 5 - We know you can dribble but what else can you do
Murphy 7 - Gave us some impetus
Tudgay 5 - slightly better than Fortune

sperrin07

Charles-cook 8.5 - some great saves and brilliant catching and decent distribution
Phillips 6 - lost the ball alot but did ok
Ricketts 8 - great strength and composure, great captain
Martin 7 - played well
Stokes 6 - struggled abit but did ok
Vincelot 6 - didnt see many tackles but good workrate
Morris 5 - started well but kept losing ball and was told a few times where to stand as he started hiding
Obrien 7.5 - worked hard played well constantly fouled
Cole 6.5 - was energetic and showed class, more to come
Armstrong 6 - should have scored atleast 1, out of position
Fortune 5 - pretty ineffective

Kent 6
Murphy 6
Tuggy 5

stevefloyd

RCC 9 - I think we've found a real gem
Phillips 7 - Tried hard and great run forward that nearly led to goal
Stokes 7 - Solid again
Martin 7 - He's improved immeasurably
Ricketts 7 - Good
Morris 5 - Energetic but absolutely useless on the ball. Telegraph passes.
Vincelot 6 - Tigerish but wasteful at times
Cole 6 - Some way from fitness but glimpses of his quality
JOB 7 - Tried to make things happen Armstrong 6 - Wasted on the right but should have scored
Fortune 4 - Needs a rest
Subs
Kent 5 - We know you can dribble but what else can you do
Murphy 7 - Gave us some impetus
Tudgay 5 - slightly better than Fortune

WAs Armstrong that bad you neglected to mention him?

Juggernaut

RCC -8

Phillips - 7
Ricketts - 7
Martin - 8
Stokes - 8

Vincelot - 6
Morris - 7

Armstrong - 6
Cole - 6
O'Brien - 7

Fortune - 5

Astute

MOM Rochdales GK

RCC good game again.

Ricketts and Martin solid.

JOB lots of effort. Unlucky at times.

Fortune the offside king. Not much more.

Armstrong would have scored against an average keeper. Should have kept him on.

Cole showed glimpses of what he can do. Will get better with fitness.

The ref kept letting them get away with fouls. This stopped us from playing the way we like.

Midweek night games are starting to get cold.

Overall a fair result.

torchomatic

woody11462

RCC - 8.5. Made some very good saves, claimed the ball very well and kicking looked solid. Seems to be getting better as he grows into first team football.
Phillips -7. Looked solid enough and won a few battles. Didn't look out of place in the back line. Was perhaps unlucky to be dropped after his last spell in the team but fitted in well.
Martin - 8. Looks a completely different player. Couple of very good challenges and even a couple of Beckenbauer type burst wit the ball prompting attacks.
Stokes - 7. Another decent performance. Stayed on his feet and kept their attacking full back at bay most the night.
Vincelot - 7. Battled well and used the ball simple.
Morris - 6. Couple of good moments but distribution often let him down. Definitely missed Fleck when in possession.
Cole - 7.5. Always looking to do something with the ball. Seemed to almost be playing alongside Fortune most of the night and didn't see much success but when dropping deep, collecting the ball and breaking playing 1-2's looked very very dangerous. Hope he gets up to speed before the month is up incase he goes again. Think he will enjoy playing at the Ricoh.
O'brien - 7. One of the better performance. Ers and battled well up the park. Tracked back and kept the ball ticking over. Often looking to be positive.
Armstrong -6. Missed 2 very good 1 on 1 chances and looked tired. A rest for a match might do him some good as when on form in this team he is unplayable.
MAF -6. Had a tough night as being man handled all night by the Centre backs and struggled to use the ball.

Kent - 6. Looked very positive and also very quick out wide. Sometimes loses the ball but I don't mind if he's trying to do something positive. Some fans behind me where calling for his head which I thought was very harsh.
Tudgay -7. Looked good when he came on, linked the play and had more success than MAF.
Murphy - 7. Dropped deep to pick up the ball and worried their defence wit his forward running.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Martin strikes me as a player who has the ability but has never settled at a club. He's 26 but only ever made 97 senior appearances.

fernandopartridge

I was just following on here and the wall, but it seemed like every pass was intercepted.

Could it just be nerves and getting used to it or are we talking another Lee Sawyer here?
Possibly a bit of nerves, lack of match practice. He does telegraph his passes but that might be a confidence thing. He's certainly no replacement for Fleck.

Yorkshire SB

RCC - 9 - I love him
Phillips - 5 - a better second half but his first half was pretty poor, lost possession a lot and looked a little out of his depth, he grew in confidence though and had a solid 2nd half
Martin - 7 - very solid performance and good on the ball
ricketts - likewise with martin
Stokes - 8 - our best defender I thought, great in 1 on 1s and tenacious throughout
JOB - 7 - plenty of endevour, thought he was our brightest midfielder
Morris - 6 - think people are being harsh, had some nice moments, involved in our better build up play
Vincelot - 7 - very solid again, a big reason behind the clean sheets
Armstrong - 6 - moments of quality and ability to get in behind but missed a couple. Probably wasted out right
Cole - 6 - poor first 15 but his effort was brilliant and there were signs of class, particularly enjoyed him running from deep and trying to play the little one-twos
MAF - 4 - not his night, just didn't compete, although I'd argue Rochdale's CB did a job on him, plenty of clever little fouls

Kent - 7 - excited me
Tudgay - 5 - not great
Murphy -7 - wish he'd started

Juggernaut

Is he a holding player/deep playmaker like Fleck?

Seen him dozens of times in the youth set up, he can do a bit of everything. Probably not quite ready yet but he has BAGS of ability. Probably a similar ability level to Maddison and I'm not overreacting. He just has a different skill set to Maddison.

torchomatic

Yes, he's looked great every time I've seen him. He was the most impressive player on the pitch for the Leamington friendly. He looks exactly the same as Maddison.

Ben Stevenson has more ability than the pair put together

SlowerThanPlatt

what position does he play?

CM.

This is what Jason Farndon the academy manager said:

“Everywhere I go people ask me about Ben Stevenson. He’s a Carrick-esque midfielder, good off both feet. He’s slight at the moment but in my opinion I have not seen a better midfielder out there this season bar the Manchester City game, he’s a top footballer at the right club who will allow him time to grow".

Calista

I too went to the pre-season friendly at Leamington, and Ben Stevenson did a couple of superb things – but in general didn’t look remotely ready for League One. The video posted above proves he’s got amazing talent, but he needs more time before comparing him with the superb Maddison. I hope he makes it – who wouldn’t want TWO of them!

In that pre-season game, the outfield player that stood out for me was Cian Harries. And RCC looked a real natural in goal, so it doesn’t surprise me at all that he’s grabbed his chance. Sign him up long-term ASAP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread