Ratings (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter SkyBlue Baker96
  • Start date
S

SkyBlue Baker96

Can fans who went to the game post their ratings of the players today please? :)

Yorkshire SB

Murphy - 7 -
Clarke - 7 -
Edge - 7 -
Wood- 7 -
Adams- 6 -
Jennings - 5 -
Bailey - 5 -
Baker - 6 -
McSheffrey - 6 -
Moussa - 6 -
Clarke - 5 -

Subs
Fleck - 7/8 - (would like to see fleck in that holding role again..)
Barton - 7 -
Thomas - 7 -

Overall, thought our subs were our best performers!

Grendel

Murphy - 7 -
Clarke - 7 -
Edge - 7 -
Wood- 7 -
Adams- 6 -
Jennings - 5 -
Bailey - 5 -
Baker - 6 -
McSheffrey - 6 -
Moussa - 6 -
Clarke - 5 -

Subs
Fleck - 7/8 - (would like to see fleck in that holding role again..)
Barton - 7 -
Thomas - 7 -

Overall, thought our subs were our best performers!

Regarding the subs was that anything to do with the fact that the game was over?

PVA

Murphy - 6 - couple of good saves, stupid throw out for one of the goals

Clarke - 8
Wood - 7
Edge - 8.5
Adams - 7

Baker - 7
Jennings - 5.5
Bailey - 5
Moussa - 6
Mcsheffrey - 6

Clarke - 6.5

Barton - 6
Fleck - 6.5
Thomas - 7 - very encouraging cameo, good to see him back

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 6
Clarke 7
Wood 6
Edge 7
Adams 6
Jennings 3
Bailey 4
Baker 5
Sheff 5
Moussa 4
Clarke 5

Fleck 7
Barton 7
Thomas 7

First half was a training exercise, attack vs defence. We couldn't hold onto the ball for more than 2 passes. For all of spurs dominance we conceded very poor goals. Second half was a much more even, fleck, Barton an Thomas all put there foot on the ball an passed it on the deck also with spurs taking the foot off the gas. Would have been nice if the flag had stayed down in the last minute(superb pass from fleck)

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy - 5
Clarke - 7
Wood - 7
Edjenguele - 7
Adams - 6
Bailey - 4
Jennings - 5
Baker - 5
Moussa - 4
McSheffrey - 6
Clarke - 5

Barton - 4
Fleck - 7
Thomas - 7

ohitsaidwalker king power

Murphy 6
Clarke 7
Wood 7
Edge 8
Adams 7
Jennings 5
Bailey 5
Baker 5
Sheff 5
Moussa 5
Clarke 5

Fleck 6
Barton 5
Thomas 7

Lost it in Midfield first half, completely overrun.. but no surprise- lets not forget Spurs are a million miles away from us and so being critical of any player in Sky Blue is really not fair.
Gareth Bale is just sublime and at times unplayable for even the best fullbacks.
City were on the same pitch as Spurs but really should not have been, it was the FA Cup that threw us together....and that's not being unkind just realistic.
I hope that the players are not too downhearted after today's game and that for the Preston match can grasp the nettle and go for it..!! PUSB

wingy

Murphy 6
Clarke 7
Wood 6
Edge 7
Adams 6
Jennings 3
Bailey 4
Baker 5
Sheff 5
Moussa 4
Clarke 5

Fleck 7
Barton 7
Thomas 7

First half was a training exercise, attack vs defence. We couldn't hold onto the ball for more than 2 passes. For all of spurs dominance we conceded very poor goals. Second half was a much more even, fleck, Barton an Thomas all put there foot on the ball an passed it on the deck also with spurs taking the foot off the gas. Would have been nice if the flag had stayed down in the last minute(superb pass from fleck)
I'd like to see that one again,the ball was airborne for so long I Icould'nt believe he was offside.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Murphy 7
J Clarke 6
Edge 7
Wood 7
Adams 6
Jennings 5
Bailey 5
Moussa 4
Baker 6
McSheffrey 7
L Clarke 7

Barton 6
Fleck 7
Thomas 7

First half we made the same mistakes we did against Arsenal, tried to play like Spurs at 100 miles an hour when we got the ball and made far too many mistakes trying to force the issue and rush things. Had no one in midfield to slow it down and stick their foot on the ball (think Robins realised this by changing whole midfield around 2nd half). That said, Spurs basically played their first team and were a class apart, so can't be too critical.

Mucca Mad Boys

He'll do ok, difficult an unfair to judge him from today's game

He was against a future England CB and a would-be EURO 2012 England CB had he not had the injury. Totally out of his depth and isolated, felt bad for him, must've been frustrated.

I think the Shrewsbury game was a better indicater to how good he'll be than the Spurs game, we were outclassed.

wingy

I was dissappointed to to see L Clark hold his run instead of launching himseltf to connect with that inviting cross at the end from Sheffers.

Last edited:

skybluegod

He was against a future England CB and a would-be EURO 2012 England CB had he not had the injury. Totally out of his depth and isolated, felt bad for him, must've been frustrated.

I think the Shrewsbury game was a better indicater to how good he'll be than the Spurs game, we were outclassed.

Dawson would not have gone to the euro's. highlighted by the fact that when dawson was fit he didn't go on any qualifier or friendly.

Mucca Mad Boys

Dawson would not have gone to the euro's. highlighted by the fact that when dawson was fit he didn't go on any qualifier or friendly.

Dawson was the best English CB before he got injured.

Do you mean after the Euros? If so,

He has only jus to back really (not just got back, you know what I mean), we aren't going to play him ow because we are trying to bring younger players in.

sbob6480

I'll finish it now!!!!! Flipping touchscreen phone!
Jennings 5
Mcsheffrey 6
Clarke 5

Barton 5
Fleck 7
Thomas 7

Pigeon

Murphy 7
Clarke 7
Wood 8
Edge 8
Adams 7
Jennings 6
Bailey 5
Baker 4
Sheff 5
Moussa 5
Clarke 4

Fleck 7
Barton 4
Thomas 7

superskyblue

Murphy 6 (hate the way he still has a go at the defence, it's not like they're not trying, made some good saves though)
Clarke 6 (virtually no full back would cope with Bale, he gave it his best)
Wood 6 (not found out too badly considering how shaky he's looked in other games)
Edge 8 (our most solid performer, absolute rock)
Adams 6 (better than v MK, If i was Sunderland manager I'd be looking to offload)

Baker 7 (decent game in my opinion, used the ball well and battled hard to win multiple 50/50's vs Assou Ekotto)
Bailey 5 (anon)
Jennings 5 (anon)
McSheff 6 (made a couple of decent breaks, did some good defensive work)
Moussa 4 (looked woefully off the place, Lg 1 is his level in my opinion)

Clarke 7 (worked his nuts off with no support or reward, little rusty in his link up play but won his fair share of headers vs 2 England international centre halfs, can't agree with the majority of ratings on his performance.)

Thomas 7 (battled brilliantly off the bench, time to get him involved from the start)
Barton 5 (apart from when he was noticeably bottling out of challenges he was anonymous)
Fleck 7 (sprayed a few cracking passes, including a defence splitter for the offside goal)

Overall 6/10.. woeful first half, battled hard 2nd half and definitely earned some credit with spurs fans. I was in the Tottenham end and the Sky Blue Army were unbelievable, even when the whole crowd were singing Spurs go marching in, you lads in the away end were louder. My Spurs supporting mates were visibly shocked/impressed. Great effort from all :claping hands: and a decent day had by me at least!

Mucca Mad Boys

Murphy 6 - made a couple of decent saves
Clarke 7 - coped well v Bale, put in a couple of good crosses, better option than Christie for this game, should carry on at RB for a bit
Wood 7 - battled hard, threw itself in front of everything, our best CB on the day
Edj 6 - struggled a bit with Adebayor, he was ok, tempted to give him a 5 tbh.
Adams 7 - good all round, same as Clarke tbf, he and Wood were our best players 1st half.
Baker 6 - bordering between 5 and 6 throughout the whole game, BAE was too strong for him, but Baker produced some good things today.
Jennings 5 (just) - was involved in some good play, but failed badly in his role to stop them playing, as did Bailey.
Bailey 5 (just) - had some good ideas, but by far his worst game in a Sky Blue shirt, sloppy in possession, but he was against Parker and Huddlestone.
McSheff 5 - did a couple of decent things, but ultimately failed in his winger role, he and Baker didn't get crosses in to LC, leaving him isolated.
Moussa 4 - very quiet, but I suppose he couldn't get on the ball because we were on the back foot, perhaps would've been more useful on the wing, like he was v Arsenal.
Clarke 4 - he didn't have the opportunity to play well, too isolated, but when he had whatever scraps he had, it wasn't great.

Subs: before I start, I found it weird how we coped better without any defensive players... :confused:

Fleck 7 - offered a wide variety of passes, and again, looks sharper under MR.
Thomas 7 - his display was very, very encouraging, put in some good passes, and his slide tackle on their player (can't remember who) was brilliant, good box to box midfielder and I wasn't sure whether we should start him when he is 100% fit, but he convinced me he could do a job, seems a good all-round midfielder (for L1!)
Barton 6 - some are being harsh on here, he wasn't terrible, he played some good passes, lost the ball pretty stupidly a couple of times, but no more than our other starting midfielders (all of them)

NOTE: I'd probably deduct a point off every player, bar subs, Murphy, Sheff had today's game been a L1 fixture, not a game v Spurs who are way too good for us and to put it shortly, we were outclassed.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Murphy 7 - Made a few decent saves. Poor distribution.

Clarke 6 - I've seen top defenders in Europe do worse against Bale.

Wood 7.5 - second half he was class.

Edge 8 - MotM easily for me. Adeboyer (God knows the spelling) struggled all day against him.

Blair 6 - Not too bad

Jennings 4 - Very poor. Passing was awful, touch disappointing. Was against a very good midfield.

Moussa 5 - Why was he taken off?

Sheff 6 - Did quite well on the break to be fair.

Bakes 7, Battled well against a decent left back. Asso went in with a few bad tackles, was lucky not to be booked.

Clarke 6.5 - held it up well at times, awful scuff of a shot in the second half though!

Fleck 7 - looked the business once again. He could be key for the rest of the season.

Thomas 7 - Forgot how naturally talented he is.

Barton 5 - lost the ball too often.

jabharty

Murphy 7 - Made some decent saves, but was in no mans land for their third.
Clarke 6 - Well, Sergio Ramos would have struggled against Bale. Effort was 10/10.
Wood 7 - Made some good tackles, good heading also.
Edjenguele 9 - Never fails to be brilliant. Our best perma signing of the season. Made some vital tackles, and bullied Adebayor all game, on which note I will say that Adebayor was pretty shocking.
Adams 7 - Made some good runs down the wing, but crossing lacked composure even when he had time to steady himself.
Jennings 4 - Looked out of his depth for most of it. Not annoyed though, League one player and has been solid all season.
Bailey 5 - Sloppy. That is all.
Baker 7 - Hard working, battled to the dying seconds. Was taken out enough times by Assou-Ekotto. Got down the wing well, and covered for Clarke when needed.
Sheff 5 - Seemed a little lost. Passing was sloppy, and didn't really know where he was meant to be. Did make one or two good runs when we countered.
Moussa 4 - "Try again next time". Couldn't make a pass for his life.
Clarke 4 - People defending him, but he had 2 maybe 3 chances to chest the ball down to himself, and shoot. There was one where the Edge hit it to him, and he would have been 1v1 if he had just chest it down. May have been Spurs, but he was not under pressure for some of them. Poor game, but still time to redeem himself.

Fleck 6 - Ran his socks off for the time he was on. Should have started.
Barton 6 - When we were panicking and playing "hoof-ball", he was constantly nodding it down and keeping us on the ball. Good impact.
Thomas 8 - He passed the ball! Crisp passing, and it was on the floor!

dongonzalos

Good to see most people feel Edge and Baker competed at this level. It's seems 50/50 about Wood.

I appreciate the tempo of spurs may have changed but it is encouraging again about Fleck.

Also good to see regarding Thomas.

Shame about some of the other scores in here
I thought Moussa, Bailey and Adams may have faired better.

Most importantly though is that they keep doing the business against league one opposition

ccfcway

Dont get the Barton thing at all, he was just as good as Baker in my eyes, but i suppose its a game of opinions

CCFC_Charlie

Honestly I thought Barton looked poor, misplaced a lot of simple passes and left Thomas to make the advanced runs despite being a more advanced player. Have be impressed with progress he has made recently but didn't think he had a good day, in retrospect 4 was very harsh probably a 5 pushing into a 6. Preferably Fleck would have come on when Barton did with Eliott getting a run out for the last 15 minutes or so up front with Clarke.

Last edited:

Paxman II

They all get a big fat '0' for the first 45.

After the break it was different apart from Jennings who was awful and Leon Clarke not much better!
One or two did play well:

Murphy 5
Clarke 6
Wood 6
The Edge 8
Adams 6

Jennings 2
Barton 6
Baker 6
Macca 6
Mousa 5
Bailey 5
Thomas 7
Fleck 4

Clarke 3

Baginton

Disappointed today, bad start and early Spurs goal killed the game off before we got going, clean sheet second half was good and we had some nice moves, but i'm guessing Spurs slightly lifted off the gas, i'd like to see why the ref blew up for that Sheff chance at the end, looked fine to me!!
Not sure why we took Moussa and Bailey off and didnt bring Elliott on for a run at the end. was Chrisitie injured?

Murphy - 6 - what was that clearance all about, some good saves
Clarke - 6 - did well to step in,
Edge - 7 - played well today
Wood- 6 - did well enough
Adams- 6 - did ok, a few nice runs late on
Jennings - 6 - some good tackles in midfield
Bailey - 6 - not at his best and subbed again , is he fully fit?
Baker - 4 - awful again (same as Tuesday), one decent cross and no one was there
McSheffrey - 6 - quiet
Moussa - 6 - did ok, dunno why people are slagging him off, moved the ball round ok
Clarke - 5 - did nothing early on as Tuesday, came into it at the end, some nice runs

Subs
Fleck - 6
Barton - 5 -
Thomas - ?? - didint really see anytyhing he did/didnt do

psgm1

Banned
They all get a big fat '0' for the first 45.

After the break it was different apart from Jennings who was awful and Leon Clarke not much better!
One or two did play well:

Murphy 5
Clarke 6
Wood 6
The Edge 8
Adams 6

Jennings 2
Barton 6
Baker 6
Macca 6
Mousa 5
Bailey 5
Thomas 7
Fleck 4

Clarke 3

Totally agree- how can anyone give any of the players an 8 after that? the MOST you should give is a 5 - as they only played 1 half!

And if what you reckon about Leon is true - that is extremely worrying, considering he is the replacement for McGoldricks goals.

Just checked his record at Scunny, and he wasn't even picked for the team after 24 Nov - has he had an injury? His 11 goals looks reasonable on paper - if you ignore the fact he hasn't scored a single goal singe 20 Nov.

Robin's seems to have put all his eggs into a leon clarke shaped egg basket. If his signing doesn't work out, and after todays pathetic first half performance, cov are going to really struggle for points for the rest of the season.

Indeed apart from 2 occassions, cov have failed to get any points if McGoldrick didn't score. Now he has gone - replaced by someone who at least in the short term can't find his scoring boots.

If he doesn't, I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from. And considering how poor the defence has been all season (more leaks than a culinder) cov are going to need a goalscorer - big time.

Cody was supposedly the guy for that at the start of the season, but he looks as if the hype around him was just as unrealistic as the hype around Robins right now.

Truly worrying times lie ahead

Astute

And we played an average team in Spurs who didn't play any decent players so we should have done much better.......suppose they are only as good as the rest of the teams we will play for the rest of the season.

Grendel

Totally agree- how can anyone give any of the players an 8 after that? the MOST you should give is a 5 - as they only played 1 half!

And if what you reckon about Leon is true - that is extremely worrying, considering he is the replacement for McGoldricks goals.

Just checked his record at Scunny, and he wasn't even picked for the team after 24 Nov - has he had an injury? His 11 goals looks reasonable on paper - if you ignore the fact he hasn't scored a single goal singe 20 Nov.

Robin's seems to have put all his eggs into a leon clarke shaped egg basket. If his signing doesn't work out, and after todays pathetic first half performance, cov are going to really struggle for points for the rest of the season.

Indeed apart from 2 occassions, cov have failed to get any points if McGoldrick didn't score. Now he has gone - replaced by someone who at least in the short term can't find his scoring boots.

If he doesn't, I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from. And considering how poor the defence has been all season (more leaks than a culinder) cov are going to need a goalscorer - big time.

Cody was supposedly the guy for that at the start of the season, but he looks as if the hype around him was just as unrealistic as the hype around Robins right now.

Truly worrying times lie ahead

Clarke was only on a 3 month loan. He has been at Charlton since then. When you say you checked it out you clearly didn't check very hard.

Users who are viewing this thread