Ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Murphy - 7 Quite commanding and took a few good crosses with aplomb.

Christie - 1. Not sure where the 1 comes from to be honest. Maybe cos I've never ever given anyone a zero before. But he was truly, truly shocking today. Honestly totally dreadful.

Wood - 6. Pretty steady against a tough, rough and tumble opposition.

Edge - 7. Good strong game from Edge I thought. Didn't let anyone out bully him.

Adams - 7. My MOTM. Good all round game and the one player who remained pretty consistent throughout the 90 mins.

Moussa - 5. Couple of nice touches but otherwise, a passenger.

Barton - 5. As above. This really is not the opposition suited to his game. Too lightweight, not strong enough or quick enough and the game pretty much passed him by.

Bailey - 6. Very good in patches, but disappeared a bit at times. Well taken goal.

Jennings - 5. Started off quite well but another one who disappeared from the game for long periods.

McShuff - 6. At least put in a few decent balls into the box.

McGoldrick - 6. Worked very hard but nothing really came off for him. Decent effort though.

LJC_CCFC

5 for Christie, 7 for Murphy, Adams, macca and edge, 6 for the rest. Also both cody and rod would have buried Elliotts chance at the end

stupot07

Murphy 8 MOTM
Christie - 4
Wood - 6
Edge - 7
Adams - 7
Moussa - 4
Jennings - 5
Bailey - 6
Barton - 4
Sheff - 7
Mcgoldrick - 6

Otis

Can't see where a 4 or 5 comes for Christie to be honest.

One of the worst ever performances from a player in a Sky Blue shirt for many a year. Last player I saw play so badly was that one where Kevin Kyle was all but laughed off the pitch.

For me Christie didn't do a single thing right all game. Poor positioning, poor distribution, beaten too easily, wrong decision making, terrible crossing, awful heading.

And that was just his good bits. I think 1 is overly generous..

stupot07

One of the worst ever performances from a player in a Sky Blue shirt for many a year. Last player I saw play so badly was that one where Kevin Kyle was all but laughed off the pitch.

For me Christie didn't do a single thing right all game. Poor positioning, poor distribution, beaten too easily, wrong decision making, terrible crossing, awful heading.

I was being kind. If Clarke had put that performance in the lynch mob would of been out along with the boo boys.

Otis

True.

Did you notice his fellow defenders going absolutely mental at him on several occasions?

I take it Clarke wasn't on the bench.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 7- could do nothing with the goal, dealt well in difficult conditions
Christie-4- didn't get forward, was exposed technically and defensively
Wood and Edge-7- Came under a lot of pressure and dealt well with a physical side
Adams-7.5- For me the best player, had a better first half then second
Moussa-6- He was in the game but didn't really get an opportunity to create anything
Jennings-4 Mistimed tackles and didn't get on the ball enough
Bailey-6 well taken goal
Barton-4 Waste of time, played a couple of good passes early on. For a tall guy he is the worse header of the ball I have seen supporting Coventry, he would be out jumped by a 5 foot 5 player on a regular basis
Sheff-6-Worked hard, good composure for the goal
Mcgoldrick-5-Worse performance I have seen from him, was selfish and didn't work hard for the team as I have seen him do before

We were very poor today but you have to give credit to PNE. The work rate and closing down from the there players was incredible for 90 mins, Preston were the better side and taken into account the performances I will take a draw

Preston are a horrid little side to play against, they will grind you down to there level and then exploit you. Glad that game is out the way, it was a potential banana skin and you have to be happy we didn't lose.

I would like to see Robins utilise the squad more and make more of an advantage with our squad size with the busy Christmas fixture list coming up

stupot07

True.

Did you notice his fellow defenders going absolutely mental at him on several occasions?

I take it Clarke wasn't on the bench.

Yeah Clarke was on the bench.

Yep Murphy was having a right go at Christie a few times. I like the lad but he is very poor defensively.

Sky Blue Pete

It was his cross for the winner

Otis

Yeah. Thinking the same. :whistle:

Unless he's gone back in time in a Tardis to a previous match.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Lets hope the scouts from other clubs- supposedly with an eye on Christie were at today's game.....he had a shocker and I think he knew it.. his body language collapsed as the game went on and the more mistakes he made you could see the confidence ebb away. I was surprised and a little puzzled that Robins did not substitute him?

As for the rest.. much of a muchness for me.... second half I thought they all got bossed.. even Edge.. a couple of times he looked shaky and once again a mystifying chasm in the centre of defence for their goal.. albeit it had been coming for sometime. Glad for the point at the end of the match.

Onwards....

Otis

The point was fantastic. We really should have lost. Only poor finishing by Preston prevented that.

Worried me today to be so dominated by an opposing team on our own soil.

Ashdown1

Not sure whats gone wrong with Christie today, was superb against Warsaw but couldn't get anything right this afternoon. Preston were a decent outfit though and could have won this easily with the chances they had.

Sutty

Murphy - 7

Christie - 4
Wood- 6
Edjenguele - 7
Adams - 7

Bailey - 6
Jennings - 5
Moussa - 5
Barton - 5
McSheffrey - 7

McGoldrick - 5

Their goal came from a ridiculous header from Jennings. No idea what he was thinking, and he has to be marked down for that. All in all though, we just got bullied all over the pitch, especially in the second half. They pressed well and played at a high intensity, and we just looked too scared to compete.

Also, I've still only seen us win once this season, and we've been dire every time. Might have to stop going.

Otis

We've been poor at home for nearly every game.

The two games I missed were Brum 3-2 in the cup and Walsall, 5-1 last time out. So I may have to stop going too!

hill83

We've been poor at home for nearly every game.

The two games I missed were Brum 3-2 in the cup and Walsall, 5-1 last time out. So I may have to stop going too!

Exactly the same for me!

Grendel

Murphy 7
christie 3
wood 4
edge 5
adams 5
moussa 4
jennings 4
bailey 3
sheff 6
barton 5
mcg 6

Bailey 3! Did you go to the game? Jennings worse than Barton. Lol.

Baginton

Murphy - 7

Christie - 6 what happened to the forward runs?
Wood- 6
Edjenguele - 5 poor game in my eyes, bad passing
Adams - 7

Bailey - 6 quiet
Jennings - 7 hard working
Moussa - 6 out of position

Barton - 6
McSheffrey - 7 linking up well with adams, nice pass for the goal, didnt just hoof it in.

McGoldrick - 6

Baker 4 poor, losing possesion, has he and Christie played together before ? :whistle:
Elliott not on long enough

ccfc_Tom

Bailey 3! Did you go to the game? Jennings worse than Barton. Lol.

Yeah, apart from the goal i thought he was shit. dissapeared when we didn't have the ball, the whole teams passing was poor but he should have been at the centre of it. Barton did the best with what he could i thought. the centre mid was just non existent.

Grendel

Don't normally bother but some comments have been unfair;

Murphy - 7
Christie - 3
Adams - 7
Wood - 7
Edjuinegele - 7
Bailey - 6
Jennings - 6
Moussa - 5
Baryon - 5
McGoldrick - 5
McSheffrey - 7

Baker - 5
Elliot - 5 (6 but for the woeful miss at the end)

JulianDarbyFTW

Murphy - 6 - A few weak kicks, and he favours kicking it to one side too much, but decent enough.
Christie - 3 - As has been said above, the lad had a shocker. Needs to be rested.
Adams - 6 - decent enough, a few nice runs but they were few and far between today.
Wood - 6 - Showed heart and desire, but was caught out a few too many times with balls over the top skimming off his head.
Edjuinegele - 7 - Always gives their players a tough game, perhaps a touch off positionally every now and again.
Bailey - 6 - Didn't get chance to do much other than chase.
Jennings - 6 - The early yellow stopped him biting at their heels, especially given their play acting at times.
Moussa - 4 - Totally ineffective. Have to say, I was surprised at how little he did.
Barton - 4 - Seemed slow and was clearly afraid to challenge for anything in the air. Very poor.
McGoldrick - 6 - Tried, but was fed on scrapa.
McSheffrey - 6 - Seems to have found a bit more in the tank since MR came. Tried hard, made a couple of half-chances, and a quality assist.

Overall, too many passengers, and we were bullied by a team who'd rather kick lumps out of other teams than try to pass.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Murphy - 7

Christie - 6 what happened to the forward runs?
Wood- 6
Edjenguele - 5 poor game in my eyes, bad passing
Adams - 7

Bailey - 6 quiet
Jennings - 7 hard working
Moussa - 6 out of position

Barton - 6
McSheffrey - 7 linking up well with adams, nice pass for the goal, didnt just hoof it in.

McGoldrick - 6

Baker 4 poor, losing possesion, has he and Christie played together before ? :whistle:
Elliott not on long enough

Just a bit generous...

Astute

I wasn't at the game.

The one thing I do know though is that the weather will not have helped our style of play. But a team that plays like Preston can get the advantage.

Could I also be right in that this game showed how important Jennings is to us? By the sound of it we played well until he got booked. And with the way it sounds they were after free kicks and the weather didn't make it easy for his normal style of play.

stupot07

I wasn't at the game.

The one thing I do know though is that the weather will not have helped our style of play. But a team that plays like Preston can get the advantage.

Could I also be right in that this game showed how important Jennings is to us? By the sound of it we played well until he got booked. And with the way it sounds they were after free kicks and the weather didn't make it easy for his normal style of play.

I don't think it had anything to do with Jennings getting booked. More the fact that apart from sheffers the entire midfield went missing added to the fact that Christie had the mare or all mares.

Otis

The midfield has gone missing on a number of occasions this season and it's a big worry. Don't know how we can even begin to talk about play-offs, let alone a title chase until these sorts of problems are addressed.

Happened too often.

Sky Blue Pete

Completely agree Otis. Was disappointed robins couldn't change it. Most annoyed that we gave them the goal they scored. We would have been more effective had baker come on at half time for Barton. Really do think Jennings booking affected him though that doesn't give bailey or moussa or Barton an excuse. Think you said robins had nothing on the bench and I also think he knows he is the manager and no longer a player so he needs leaders on the pitch. Preston and westleys tactics were horrid and the ref allowed far much dissent. Having said that we are always slow to work out refs and play that game. The sheff booking was outrageous but more endemic was the constant mouthing at the officials with no bookings given

Users who are viewing this thread