Ratings (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Wright seems to be ticking away with plenty of assists and okay goal scoring record. However his first touch is so bad, he seems lethargic at times and he's incapable of whipping a ball in. All that said he still starts every week for me. Very weird player and impossible to grade his performances
Do you remember a player called Gyokeres?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

Godden made some decent runs, some weren’t seen, never stopped harrying the opposition but was largely ineffective

Wright got one assist, but was generally useless for the rest of the game. He has been improving recently with his general level of effort and willingness, but today was absolutely useless for 95% of the match.
You might think about removing the “Faith” from your username

Esoterica

I actually thought latis passing was good today
It was accurate, but not good. SSS passing - Safe and slow and sideways. Like a guy playing out of position that didn't want to make mistakes. It lacked bravery and tenacity.

Our centre backs did a much better job of breaking lines with their passing and getting the ball into O'Hare's feet than Eccles and Lati (who both had good games defensively and helped us dominate midfield).

Fluffsta

Collins 6.5 - Nothing much to do.
Van Ewijk 7 - Decent. Not his greatest game yet improves all the time.
Thomas 8 - Perfect control of area. Better than Kitching today.
Kitching 7.5 - Very good
Bidwell 7.5 - Very good, safe but tired towards the end
Eccles 6.5- sloppy at times but did the job
Latibeudiere 7 - Impressed with Lati in midfeild
O'Hare 7 - Some great link up play with Wright on the left
Sakamota 9 - Growing in confidence all the time. Wanted to shoot all day long and bagged 2
Wright 7 - Recently working great links with O Hare. Seems to be very accomplished on the left.
Godden 5 - Non existent today.

Da Silva 6.5 - Decent when He came on
Palmer 6.5 - Great right away with a decent feint. Rough Diamond for sure.
Simms 6 - Nothing to do really.

slowpoke

Thought we started well scored early and I reckon had we added another in the first half we might have gone in to score more but these banana skin games are dangerous and in fairness to Wednesday they improved second half and were very difficult.
2-0 about right m-o-m Satamoto followed by, Thomas and Joel.
As said thought we played okay but need to be better v Swansea.

mmttww

The biggest compliment you can pay to Lati, is I don’t think we looked like we missed sheaf today, which pains me to say as he’s my favourite player. Thought he was superb, broke up play and kept it simple.
Totally disagree. My first thought after the game was the opposite - showed how important he is at the minute. He's more decisive than Eccles, more effective than Allen. He needs to start on Fri if he's fit.

harvey098

I didn't think we played that well. Others might think the same. We did enough to win but we'll need a bit more from most of the XI if we want a win on Fri.

Yeah that’s why I said I was surprised. I thought we were brilliant first half and pretty good second half (despite riding our luck in that one moment).

Shows the levels we’ve been at if most of the team are getting 6’s for yesterday!

Blind-Faith

Totally disagree. My first thought after the game was the opposite - showed how important he is at the minute. He's more decisive than Eccles, more effective than Allen. He needs to start on Fri if he's fit.
If he’s fit, yes, first name on the team sheet. But yesterday I didn’t think we looked a bad team without him

wingy

Superb: Sakamoto: although he should cut in less, and take his man on more
Good: Kitching and Thomas
Bang Average: Collins, Van Ewik, Eccles O'Hare, Wright, Lati
Poor: Bidwell, Godden

Lets face it bar one sublime piece of finishing in the 89th minute this was a bang average performance against a unimaginative and poor team. The midfield barely functioned; just not quick enough of thought. Eccles (much as I like him) is not up to being the main man yet, O'Hare was anonymous, Lati too lumbering and slow, oh so slow.

Once SW had cottoned on that 90% of the time we pass from the back, they pressed forward (not unreasonably) and there was no plan B - outcome is Collins ends up hoofing out for a corner.

Typical of this curates egg of a performance were van Ewik and Wright both whom were good when they were good and at other times frustratingly really bad.

Our saving grace was that SW were bereft of ideas (even Bannon) and aimless crosses are meat and drink for Th & K.

Thank God for Sakamoto
Just a waste of the position at halftime onwards for me.wella actually the first tbh when we were dominant.

Deity

I know Oggy is a legend but his comments on strikers show why very few goalkeepers make good managers….

we obviously had his comments on Vik when we signed which was broadly I’d have kept Biamou, offers more than Vik to the team.

yesterday we had … I’d choose Godden over Simms despite Godden barely touching the ball all match again.

I love that he’s involved with the commentary but his view on strikers is really quite bizarre.

shmmeee

I know Oggy is a legend but his comments on strikers show why very few goalkeepers make good managers….

we obviously had his comments on Vik when we signed which was broadly I’d have kept Biamou, offers more than Vik to the team.

yesterday we had … I’d choose Godden over Simms despite Godden barely touching the ball all match again.

I love that he’s involved with the commentary but his view on strikers is really quite bizarre.

He’s a weird one and seems to develop weird dislikes of certain players or tactics against all logic and evidence.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We massively missed Sheaf. We had no midfielders who could progress the ball.

We won 2-0, and scored 3 in the game before after he had gone off injured. A few of those goals were started off in moves by Eccles as well.

We could have won 15-0 yesterday and the cult would still be saying we missed him. In reality it just isn't the case. Look at our results (the most important metric in football) without him in the team too, they make for remarkable reading overall.

shmmeee

We won 2-0, and scored 3 in the game before after he had gone off injured. A few of those goals were started off in moves by Eccles as well.

We could have won 15-0 yesterday and the cult would still be saying we missed him. In reality it just isn't the case. Look at our results (the most important metric in football) without him in the team too, they make for remarkable reading overall.

Did you watch the game?

wingy

Eccles had the armband yesterday too but tbf I don't think it was one of his best performances. But I don't really have a strong opinion on either except when Eccles gets shit.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just can’t see how you thought the midfield was progressing the ball if you did. As you just mentioned the scoreline I asked.

I didn't say they did progress the ball well, even though there have been times in the last couple of games where we have and it has directly resulted in goals. Our midfield including Sheaf are generally pretty poor at it, and many attacks can be wasted by our central midfield. I would even go as far as to say it has been a weak point for us as a team.

My main point was that the scoreline is much more important as a metric, especially if you are talking about the effect of players on games. The stats there add up, and make for pretty clear reading, but we end up with strawmen arguments about 'progressing the ball' because some people can't accept it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You don’t go to games so your opinion is irrelevant.

Stop taking cocaine. It is bad for you.

Each time there is a little left in the bag you end up making a new account, antagonise people, and just generally make a fool of yourself. You don't have the bottle to actually talk or meet people in real life under this persona either, despite the 'you failed to turn up to the Anecdote' party line that keeps coming out, so you aren't fooling anyone.

Perhaps it's time to grow up a bit. Trying to come back in through the window when you've been repeatedly shown the door is a sign you probably need to start doing something with your life.

shmmeee

I didn't say they did progress the ball well, even though there have been times in the last couple of games where we have and it has directly resulted in goals. Our midfield including Sheaf are generally pretty poor at it, and many attacks can be wasted by our central midfield. I would even go as far as to say it has been a weak point for us as a team.

My main point was that the scoreline is much more important as a metric, especially if you are talking about the effect of players on games. The stats there add up, and make for pretty clear reading, but we end up with strawmen arguments about 'progressing the ball' because some people can't accept it.

We played a pretty poor team and managed an xG of 0.38 or something and were saved by a goal line clearance and a couple of pieces of brilliance from Sakamoto.

This was because we had trouble playing the ball forwards. You can say the only thing that matters is the scoreline and everything else is a straw man but don’t be surprised if people disagree with you.

You’ve got a weird obsession with Sheaf. Let’s not pretend it’s deeper than that.

Sky Blue Pete

We played a pretty poor team and managed an xG of 0.38 or something and were saved by a goal line clearance and a couple of pieces of brilliance from Sakamoto.

This was because we had trouble playing the ball forwards. You can say the only thing that matters is the scoreline and everything else is a straw man but don’t be surprised if people disagree with you.

You’ve got a weird obsession with Sheaf. Let’s not pretend it’s deeper than that.
0.5 xg
Wow

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

None of this is a counter-argument. Unless we start losing all games without him, or the past history of all our wins when he hasn't played somehow erase themselves, it is what it is. The facts are the facts, whether they are triggering or not.

There's a cult that are incapable of seeing them. Now we are seeing 'we aren't playing the ball out', 'XG', and 'you hate Sheaf' come to the party.

We've literally just won two games with healthy scorelines.

Brighton Sky Blue

None of this is a counter-argument. Unless we start losing all games without him, or the past history of all our wins when he hasn't played somehow erase themselves, it is what it is. The facts are the facts, whether they are triggering or not.

There's a cult that are incapable of seeing them. Now we are seeing 'we aren't playing the ball out', 'XG', and 'you hate Sheaf' come to the party.

We've literally just won two games with healthy scorelines.
It is possible to be somewhere between your view and Sheaf being flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread