Ratings (1 Viewer)

rob9872

We created chances and missed sitters.
Really? I can only remember one before we were 3 down and we didn't create that, it was their error.

rob9872

Gyo missed 2 decent ones
Godden should have scored
Which 2 for Gyo and Godden didn't come on until 3-0. We were never in the game.

SIR ERNIE

Honestly don't see anything in Maatsen. Beyond wasteful at wing back. Looks a fish out of water in the attacking midfielder roles, particularly when he has his back to goal (which is understandable).

I really want to like Maatsen but I can't.

Just a lightweight 'nothing special' player.

rob9872

So Godden shouldn't have scored?

Gyo had 2 great chances, didn't he?
What I said was we created no clear cut chances until we were 3 down and despite keep replying you've yet to tell me one created.

clint van damme

For anyone that moans about OHare see today. No threat without him.

Blame the manager for today too, set us up wrong called the changes needed at HT and he didn't make them. Even at 3down he didn't try anything different even in shape to try 4 at the back. Went 2 up top by removing a midfielder where we were already over run.

Fadz waving his arm around for the first instead of playing to the whistle didn't help and can't believe kane given motm 7 ratings here, personally thought he was abysmal today. For me only JCS came out with any credit. Nice finish by Hamer but most of his silly flicks gave away possession. Not going down, so need to sort something ahead of Tuesday and have a good go at Luton or season could quickly tail off with a whimper.

I agree we should have made changes, but those changes would really have been clutching at straws.
Our bench was so weak its untrue. Lack of investment has killed our season.

ptr

Not sure I agree with this.

When heads dropped, Maatsen was still busting a gut and trying things, trying to move the team forward. We can't forget he's playing out of position in attacking midfield.

Maatsen has a very promising future. Yes he’s inconsistent but he is only 19. Overall I think he’s done brilliantly for us. People seem to expect more because he’s from Chelsea.

rob9872

I agree we should have made changes, but those changes would really have been clutching at straws.
Our bench was so weak its untrue. Lack of investment has killed our season.
I was one of those advocating probably too soon for Tavares, but 2-0 down at HT after last week's cameo and goal, it looked an ideal time to bring him on for 45.

larry_david

It's crazy you have a young lad full of confidence fully fit and you bring on a player who was ill over night and ill in the dressing room I'm sorry Mark Robins but that's fucking ridiculous decision to be making.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just read the full interview, he basically says waghorn isn't fit and his plan was to always get him on to get minutes into his legs. Which once again proves MR sets his subs up before hand and doesn't deviate. I'm sure waghorn really appreciated having to come on at 3-0 after being sick all night and still suffering for it as he was ill as soon as he got off the pitch. When has it ever been a good idea to play someone who's got a sickness bug? What if it's a bug that others pick up and on Tuesday there's 5 of them out with it.

Forget the hype for Tavares and treat him as a 21 year old striker who just scored a worldie to get us a point in the 98th minute. To then be 3 down with 44 minutes to play and not bring him on at all is ridiculous. To not make 3 subs and take an opportunity to rest rest a key player with Tuesday in mind, again, is ridiculous.

For me subs has and man management as always been his flaw.

higgs

Just read the full interview, he basically says waghorn isn't fit and his plan was to always get him on to get minutes into his legs. Which once again proves MR sets his subs up before hand and doesn't deviate. I'm sure waghorn really appreciated having to come on at 3-0 after being sick all night and still suffering for it as he was ill as soon as he got off the pitch. When has it ever been a good idea to play someone who's got a sickness bug? What if it's a bug that others pick up and on Tuesday there's 5 of them out with it.

Forget the hype for Tavares and treat him as a 21 year old striker who just scored a worldie to get us a point in the 98th minute. To then be 3 down with 44 minutes to play and not bring him on at all is ridiculous. To not make 3 subs and take an opportunity to rest rest a key player with Tuesday in mind, again, is ridiculous.

For me subs has and man management as always been his flaw.
Ridiculous alright once it went to 3-0 down we were never going to get anything out of the game so changes should have been made with Tuesday in mind. Getting minutes into an ill strikers legs doesn't make sense if he wants to get him minutes into his legs put him in the 23s for a few games. Surely Tavares could of been blooded for half hour or so surely he's more of a chance of being a game changer than an ill strikers who is clearly not fit. Wake up robins stop being so one minded think outside of the box for a change. Why not give howley a run out and take off sheaf to rest him for Tuesday at 3 down also

larry_david

Ridiculous alright once it went to 3-0 down we were never going to get anything out of the game so changes should have been made with Tuesday in mind. Getting minutes into an ill strikers legs doesn't make sense if he wants to get him minutes into his legs put him in the 23s for a few games. Surely Tavares could of been blooded for half hour or so surely he's more of a chance of being a game changer than an ill strikers who is clearly not fit. Wake up robins stop being so one minded think outside of the box for a change. Why not give howley a run out and take off sheaf to rest him for Tuesday at 3 down also

Exactly. What is the worst that could happen? Tavares has said everything right in his interviews since his debut, sounds really grounded but if I were him I'd be more than a little miffed if I've shared a hotel with waghorn who's been voming all night and then he comes on instead of me

higgs

Exactly. What is the worst that could happen? Tavares has said everything right in his interviews since his debut, sounds really grounded but if I were him I'd be more than a little miffed if I've shared a hotel with waghorn who's been voming all night and then he comes on instead of me
Yes you would be thinking after the impact he made in the previous game and with waghorn being ill and Godden easing back in after abdominal surgery that you would surely be given a run out. Especially when chasing the game ud bring on a fully fit player surely over an ill one surely?

cc84cov

Yes you would be thinking after the impact he made in the previous game and with waghorn being ill and Godden easing back in after abdominal surgery that you would surely be given a run out. Especially when chasing the game ud bring on a fully fit player surely over an ill one surely?

We had people moaning about Godden missing chances yesterday although he’s back ahead of schedule 🤣

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Just wish MR was not so regimented in his formation and subs. It was clear the game had gone from us at 2:0 and imo, screaming out for 442 with Fadz and Bidwell making way for Jones and Tavs before half time.
Going lighter in midfield to bring on Wags and Godden after 60+ minutes was downright annoying despite appearing to work. And it only worked because Swansea had done the job and it's always easier to play when you've nothing more to lose. We need to be playing like that when we're drawing.

I can't slag the management team off too much though because they really have done a superb job overall but you just want to see the resources we do have utilised to their maximum. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to get minutes into Godden, Tavs and Jones but for some inexplicable reason decided not to for the latter two in a game we literally through away with a poor initial set up.

JCS and possibly Allen and Kane were decent the rest had a poor day at the office. Oh well on to Luton for some payback .... hopefully!

SBT

Waghorn played well. If Tavares feels like he’s already entitled to be the first name on the team sheet after seven minutes and a goal then maybe he’s not so grounded after all.

Blind-Faith

As much as I’m not a fan of waghorn , he didn’t play that badly when he came on yesterday , plus he got an assist so it’s not as if he didn’t contribute??

sylus

Waghorn played well. If Tavares feels like he’s already entitled to be the first name on the team sheet after seven minutes and a goal then maybe he’s not so grounded after all.

and how many minutes has Waghorn played, waghorn's only goal, 91st min. against Middlesborough 11th Sept. 6 months ago

stevefloyd

Imagine you're the manager losing 2-0 then just after half time it goes to 3-0 you look at the subs you have an untested Lb a 3 times crock someone who had been ill all night, someone just coming back after surgery, 2 young kids your trying to protect and your team is playing like its going to get annihilated do you put the kids on and say go out there and try to change the game or think fuck it the games gone may as well get some time into thr older players legs?

kingfield park skyblues

hamer should be stopped shoulder barging, he ends up using arms which leads to bookings. Dabo should be told not to tackle in the penalty box, he has mistimed his tackles so many times. Sheaf should be taught how to position for goal kicks.Robins should be taught picking friends leads to losing job

pusbccfc

As much as I’m not a fan of waghorn , he didn’t play that badly when he came on yesterday , plus he got an assist so it’s not as if he didn’t contribute??

He got an assist after a dreadful attempt to have a shot.

His moment was the header, another in a long line of good chances he's thrown away.

KenilworthSkyBlue

His moment was the header, another in a long line of good chances he's thrown away.

To be fair though Gyokeres is the same. Not a fan of Waghorn at all either, but it's not just him that's wasteful in front of goal.

We need to be far more clinical across the board.

fernandopartridge

It wasn't a dreadful attempt, the ball bounced up so he sensibly got the ball under control rather than try to slash at a shot. The header wasn't a great chance either as I've posted previously.
I think Waghorn has been disappointing but he's being scapegoated here now

stevefloyd

When I watched it live I did say he's missed the fucking ball but having looked a couple of times now I will give him credit and say he was going to shoot changed his mind and laid it on for Hamer

pusbccfc

It wasn't a dreadful attempt, the ball bounced up so he sensibly got the ball under control rather than try to slash at a shot. The header wasn't a great chance either as I've posted previously.
I think Waghorn has been disappointing but he's being scapegoated here now

The header was an easy chance to get on target.

Users who are viewing this thread