Ratings (3 Viewers)

SAJ

15 times actually according to the stats. Only Kane and Györkeres had worse pass completion.
And that’s exactly why you can’t use successful passes as a credible stat solely of how someone performs. How many times did Rose pass to Hyam or JCS and back when there’s no one really challenging them. In comparison it is far easier to pass across the back line than where O’Hare plays.

shmmeee

And that’s exactly why you can’t use successful passes as a credible stat solely of how someone performs. How many times did Rose pass to Hyam or JCS and back when there’s no one really challenging them. In comparison it is far easier to pass across the back line than where O’Hare plays.

And yet Allen playing in the same position had the best. Regardless, the point here is people saying O’Hare didn’t give the ball away and Allen did when that’s clearly not true.

He does a lot, and he’s very talented, but he’s not perfect and the refusal to accept this is getting ridiculous. He is wasteful in front of goal, he does misplace passes. He also wins a lot of free kicks and carries the ball well.

And none of that means Allen had a bad game. He didn’t, he was dangerous and nearly had two goals.

Malaka

Wilson - 6
Hyam -7
Rose -7
JCS - 7
Kane -6.5
Sheaf - 8
Hamer - 7
Shipley -8 MOM
O’Hare -7
Allen -7
Godden - 7.5

Györkeres -7

pusbccfc

Reputation for what? See it the opposite way round tbh

If you asked a championship football fan or even others outside the league, I'd doubt they'd have heard of Sheaf.

It's not a bad thing, but I've never heard any other supporter mention him. Long may that continue as it benefits us.

pusbccfc

In what way?

Never heard once of a club scout watching Sheaf. It's a competitive position and in the top flight deep lying midfielders have little room for any mistakes.

However, Sheaf is progressing into one of the best on the position in the division. Under the radar, though.

rob9872

Wilson - 7
Hyam -7
Rose -7
JCS - 8
Kane -8
Sheaf - 8
Hamer - 8
Shipley - 8
O’Hare - 7
Allen -7
Godden - 8

Györkeres -7

fatso

Wilson - 7: No chance with the goal, looked solid other than that. I’d still drop him for Moore next game though.
Hyam - 7: Some solid defending and a couple of excellent passes.
Rose - 6: Disappointed with his distribution and thought he could’ve done better with the header for their goal.
JCS - 7: Solid, really like him and so calm on the ball.
Kane -7: Some great balls in and unlucky not to be credited with the assist.
Sheaf - 8 (MOTM): Growing more and more, puts his foot in and uses the ball so well.
Hamer - 7: At fault for their goal but scored so will let him off. Really like him and Sheaf in the middle.
Shipley - 8: Excellent. Some real quality passes and gets forward so well, but mostly impressed me with his energy and defending neither of which I expected. Won’t keep his place and likely to go, but a much better send off than his last match.
O’Hare - 5: Awful first half, easier to score his chance than miss it. Hope we can bring an AM in on loan this window.
Allen - 7: Great running and movement, should’ve had two goals. Not a fan of him deeper but love him behind the forward.
Godden - 8: Scores goals

Györkeres - 7: Really unselfish assist and unlucky not to score after the flick over their man, also would’ve scored the OG if the defender hadn’t. Still not the player he was but contributed really well.
Spot on Shmmeee!

CCFCSteve

O'Hare, Sheaf, Hamer - fuck me,been a long time since we had such quality. Be great to hold onto and develop all three

Those three compliment each other well as well. You take one out and the other two might not be quite as effective (especially with sheaf and Hamer). Add two strikers who have scored goals and we’re a threat

Great_Expectations

O'Hare, Sheaf, Hamer - fuck me,been a long time since we had such quality. Be great to hold onto and develop all three

Despite his slightly poorer form recently, I’d add Gyokeres to that list. He really was unplayable for a period of time and a proper talisman.

He’s still young and developing and he’ll absolutely find that form again, and likely push on.

Add a real outstanding up and coming CB in the McFadzean mould and we’ve got a spine of a team which could see us through a very promising few years.

fatso

Even Shmmeee admits he was harsh on O'Hare with a 5 though😉
For all his effort, O'hare produces very little, we need someone new to add competition imo, when Fadz, Hyam, Maatsen and Kane have been more of a goal threat than your number 10 has been so far this season, you know you've got a problem.

Even Shipley came in from the bomb squad, played out of position and still looked more threatening than O'hare!

Last edited:

Grendel

Never heard once of a club scout watching Sheaf. It's a competitive position and in the top flight deep lying midfielders have little room for any mistakes.

However, Sheaf is progressing into one of the best on the position in the division. Under the radar, though.

Sheaf as a defensive holding midfielder can be a premier league prospect I think. Thing is he looks disciplined whereas Hamer is the opposite - it’s all frantic. I’d imagine poor old Gus is also now suffering from PTSD after that cringe interview with Martin Winch

steve101

Ok, so O’Hare was just O’Hare, but Allen had a good game. Tell me your thoughts on the differences of the two today.

Because as far as I can see, Allen hit the post with a good chance, ran around a lot, played some neat passes but gave the ball away a lot. I’m struggling to see how you can judge them differently?
I didn't see Allen lose the ball a lot?

rexo87

Sheaf as a defensive holding midfielder can be a premier league prospect I think. Thing is he looks disciplined whereas Hamer is the opposite - it’s all frantic. I’d imagine poor old Gus is also now suffering from PTSD after that cringe interview with Martin Winch
That was simply the worst interview i'd ever heard. Gus did well with some of his answers as the questions were ridiculous. The guy with English as his second language was making a lot more sense than the guy with English as his first

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

All our players gave the ball away a few times, the defence was keystone cops a few times but on the whole it was a great team performance and had we been more clinical we could have had double figures but how anyone can knock the efforts of any of the players is baffling after winning 4-1 away from home, yes they were poor but how many times have we played a poor team and ending up on the losing side because we couldn't score ....this time we could score and I repeat it was 4 times yes 4 times we managed to score!!

Users who are viewing this thread