Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Shipley did really well. Much better than dabo there. Surprised he lasted so long.

Kane put some great crosses in and could have had 3 assists.

O'Hare just O'Hare. Missed a sitter and gave it away a lot.

Godden a couple of good goals, probably should have had a hard trick.

Allen and sheaf played well too. Both worked hard.

Rose pretty shaky playing out.

Perryccfc

Shipley did really well. Much better than dabo there. Surprised he lasted so long.

Kane put some great crosses in and could have had 3 assists.

O'Hare just O'Hare. Missed a sitter and gave it away a lot.

Godden a couple of good goals, probably should have had a hard trick.

Allen and sheaf played well too. Both worked hard.

Rose pretty shaky playing out.

O’Hare was absolutely fantastic second half.

shmmeee

Wilson - 7: No chance with the goal, looked solid other than that. I’d still drop him for Moore next game though.
Hyam - 7: Some solid defending and a couple of excellent passes.
Rose - 6: Disappointed with his distribution and thought he could’ve done better with the header for their goal.
JCS - 7: Solid, really like him and so calm on the ball.
Kane -7: Some great balls in and unlucky not to be credited with the assist.
Sheaf - 8 (MOTM): Growing more and more, puts his foot in and uses the ball so well.
Hamer - 7: At fault for their goal but scored so will let him off. Really like him and Sheaf in the middle.
Shipley - 8: Excellent. Some real quality passes and gets forward so well, but mostly impressed me with his energy and defending neither of which I expected. Won’t keep his place and likely to go, but a much better send off than his last match.
O’Hare - 5: Awful first half, easier to score his chance than miss it. Hope we can bring an AM in on loan this window.
Allen - 7: Great running and movement, should’ve had two goals. Not a fan of him deeper but love him behind the forward.
Godden - 8: Scores goals

Györkeres - 7: Really unselfish assist and unlucky not to score after the flick over their man, also would’ve scored the OG if the defender hadn’t. Still not the player he was but contributed really well.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wilson - 7: No chance with the goal, looked solid other than that. I’d still drop him for Moore next game though.
Hyam - 7: Some solid defending and a couple of excellent passes.
Rose - 6: Disappointed with his distribution and thought he could’ve done better with the header for their goal.
JCS - 7: Solid, really like him and so calm on the ball.
Kane -7: Some great balls in and unlucky not to be credited with the assist.
Sheaf - 8 (MOTM): Growing more and more, puts his foot in and uses the ball so well.
Hamer - 7: At fault for their goal but scored so will let him off. Really like him and Sheaf in the middle.
Shipley - 8: Excellent. Some real quality passes and gets forward so well, but mostly impressed me with his energy and defending neither of which I expected. Won’t keep his place and likely to go, but a much better send off than his last match.
O’Hare - 5: Awful first half, easier to score his chance than miss it. Hope we can bring an AM in on loan this window.
Allen - 7: Great running and movement, should’ve had two goals. Not a fan of him deeper but love him behind the forward.
Godden - 8: Scores goals

Györkeres - 7: Really unselfish assist and unlucky not to score after the flick over their man, also would’ve scored the OG if the defender hadn’t. Still not the player he was but contributed really well.

I think that's a really fair set of ratings. I said on another thread I am a massive critic of Shipley, but he really was immense today. Fair play.

Sick Boy

Wilson - 6
Hyam - 6.5
Rose - 6
JCS - 7
Kane -7
Sheaf - 8
Hamer - 7
Shipley - 7
O’Hare - 6.5
Allen - 6
Godden - 7.5

Györkeres - 6.5

pusbccfc

Seems to be a bit of an agenda against COH. He was so dangerous, good on the ball and bought plenty of fouls. I thought he was better than Allen all game.

A bit like how Sheaf was being slated for the poor pass here and there, O'Hare is being hammered for his misses.

He absolutely tore them to pieces, particularly in the second half.

steve101

Wilson 7 (not much to do but quick of his line and used ball well)
Kane 8 (some great crosses again)
Hyam 7 (passing wasn't great apart from a corker to Kane for his OG assist)
Rose 7 (did okay but passing not at his usual standard)
Clarke-Salter 9 motm (thought he was pretty faultless and showed great feet in tight spaces)
Shipley 8 (some great deliveries and defensively did well)
Sheaf 9 (orchestrated the midfield. Growing into the key man. Some beautiful moments of control and passing)
Hamer 8 (lovely movement on the ball for goal and close with curling shot. Created some good opportunities with his incisive passing. Partially at fault for their goal)
Allen 8 (very good all round performance apart from finding the net. Great save by keeper though for second chance. He makes us so much more fluid in attack)
O'Hare 7 (second half was much better after a particularly wasteful first. Some nice touches and flicks)
Godden 9 (2 quality finishes, good link up play and a real shift)

Gyokeres 8 (looked sluggish to start, should have scored from Shipley's pass but then looked like the player of 'old' with his bullish running and audacious effort. Great awareness for assist)
Eccles na

Perryccfc

What danger was there? "He gets fouled"

He hit the post as you said, and I agree he should have scored. He won a free kick on the D after running with the ball. He had neat link up against the press with the strikers so we could break. His runs off the ball created the space for Godden, Allen and others first half. More so second half with Gyo on. He hustled and bustled to win the ball back multiple times high up the pitch and around the half way line meaning we could break. He was superb. Go watch the game again and educate yourself instead of taking one incident in a game and judging a players 90 minutes on it. You do it every week and it’s pathetic.

Nick

Administrator
He hit the post as you said, and I agree he should have scored. He won a free kick on the D after running with the ball. He had neat link up against the press with the strikers so we could break. His runs off the ball created the space for Godden, Allen and others first half. More so second half with Gyo on. He hustled and bustled to win the ball back multiple times high up the pitch and around the half way line meaning we could break. He was superb. Go watch the game again and educate yourself instead of taking one incident in a game and judging a players 90 minutes on it. You do it every week and it’s pathetic.

He won a free kick, missed a sitter and ran a lot then.

He also gave it away a lot with poor, overhit passes.

I'm not talking about one incident.

pusbccfc

Wilson - 6.5
Hyam - 6:Solid enough, but a few misplaced passes in the first.
Rose - 6
JCS - 8: Looked back at the levels he was performing early in the season. Strong, quick and decent on the ball.
Kane -7: Not quite as good as Huddersfield but the more you see of him, the more he looks a far better option than Dabo.
Sheaf - 9.5: Outstanding throughout. As good of a performance you can get from a central midfield. He really does look confident now, something of a concern earlier in the season. Fans singing his name must help.
Hamer - 7.5: First 30 or so minutes he was phenomenal but involved in their goal. Dropped off after that. Beautiful strike and nearly a second goal later on.
Shipley - 9: Pretty much dominated their wingers. Got stuck in. Some great touches linking up with O'Hare, Sheaf and Allen. One of his best performances in a Cov shirt.
O’Hare - 7: It would be an 8+ had his chances gone in. He tired them to pieces and all they could do was kick him. Desperate for him to score.
Allen - 7: Everywhere.
Godden - 7.5: Could have had another but another brilliant forwards performance. His first finish was great.

Gyökeres -7: Caused them problems and once again for me showed he's our best overall striker. Almost scored one of the greatest Coventry goals.

All round top performance against a truly dreadful side. Easily the worst team in this division. I hope Derby overtake them.

Nick

Administrator
Never miss an opportunity to have a go at Dabo.

Even when he hasn't played.
So I'm wrong? It isn't having a go, it's pointing out Shipley today was much better than a player who seems to be in front of him in that position.

Nick

Administrator
Honestly, give it a rest. O'Hare was the best player on the pitch second half. He gives it away yes but he's always always trying to get us on the front foot, taking the ball in tight positions, carrying us up the pitch.
He really wasn't the best player on the pitch.

Skybluefaz

When did dabo have such a good game at lwb?
Who has he played lwb against? The point is one game doesn't prove anything. If Shipley could turn that in consistently against the better teams then great, but he can't. Dabo has been much more consistent and is obviously the better wing back.

Users who are viewing this thread