Ratings (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didn't think kane looked like a wing back to be honest, he's looks a bit slow, can't really go past his man or get behind the opposition full backs. Doesn't looks to have the engine to get up and down the right flank by himself.

IF we can create space for him he can deliver a good cross but think he would look better in a back 4 with a natural winger playing in front of him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not Key passes per game, does his key pass that was massively overhit today count towards that?

Anybody can find a stat like that to suit and make a tweet
I'm talking about the season as whole, I'm not making it suit anything. That's just the statistic based on the whole season, not just based on one bad game.

Anyone can pick a bad game and use it to say how poor a player is.

Grendel

I didn't think kane looked like a wing back to be honest, he's looks a bit slow, can't really go past his man or get behind the opposition full backs. Doesn't looks to have the engine to get up and down the right flank by himself.

IF we can create space for him he can deliver a good cross but think he would look better in a back 4 with a natural winger playing in front of him.

he’s played I think 200 games at championship level and many at wing back - he’s far quicker the Dabo

pusbccfc

he’s played I think 200 games at championship level and many at wing back - he’s far quicker the Dabo

He's far better going forward too.

Dabo has 1 assist in two seasons in the Championship. These powerful runs he goes on look pretty but his end product is shocking.

I love Dabo, but as a wing back he should be creating more opportunities and being involved in more goals. He hasn't even scored a single goal for Coventry.

slowpoke

Dabo has 1 assist in two seasons in the Championship. These powerful runs he goes on look pretty but his end product is shocking.

I love Dabo, but as a wing back he should be creating more opportunities and being involved in more goals. He hasn't even scored a single goal for Coventry.
End product is important it’s sadly lacking at the moment with Dabo.
Also we are missing JCS gives defence much needed balance and Maatsen is much better when alongside him.
Need to keep the back three (not Dabo though) and wing backs imo unless we can bring in better quality especially in midfield. Albion showed us today what better quality brings, they allowed us to play along the back but when it got to the nitty-gritty areas they just nullified them, still we competed and were much better second half, lessons to be learnt, they will.

Last edited:

Frostie

Not Key passes per game, does his key pass that was massively overhit today count towards that?

Anybody can find a stat like that to suit and make a tweet

But you've picked Assists which is one of the most unreliable stats going?

Do you prefer 'Chances Created'?
For that he's on 41, 7th in the league. Bear in mind though all of his are from open play & everyone above him is a set piece taker. Last time I checked (before last weekend admittedly) he had created most chances from open play in the league.

Nick

Administrator
But you've picked Assists which is one of the most unreliable stats going?

Do you prefer 'Chances Created'?
For that he's on 41, 7th in the league. Bear in mind though all of his are from open play & everyone above him is a set piece taker. Last time I checked (before last weekend admittedly) he had created most chances from open play in the league.

Define "Chance".

Not sure how Assists is unreliable.

Hertsccfc

End product is important it’s sadly lacking at the moment with Dabo.
Also we are missing JCS gives defence much needed balance and Maatsen is much better when alongside him.
Need to keep the back three (not Dabo though) and wing backs imo unless we can bring in better quality especially in midfield. Albion showed us today what better quality brings, they allowed us to play along the back but when it got to the nitty-gritty areas they just nullified them, still we competed and were much better second half, lessons to be learnt, they will.
I don't see Maatsen as better with JCS. His best games have always been when JCS isn't in the side. I think he panics because he knows JCS is very susceptible to the wide ball behind him.

Frostie

Define "Chance".

Not sure how Assists is unreliable.

Typically, only players playing in good teams or particularly high scoring teams will ever get a high number of Assists as it relies on the ability of your teammates to finish opportunities.
As an example, you could roll the ball to a teammate, 3 yards out with an open goal but he inexplicably misses it. (Or just passed to Maupay for Brighton last season 😜)

Assists are still looked at but if used in isolation are therefore unreliable & that is one of the reasons many of these newer stats such as key passes & chances created are used by clubs instead.

Chances created will still include assists but also key passes which is basically any pass that leads to a shot, regardless of if the teammate scores or not. Obviously this is then dominated by set piece takers so need to dig a bit deeper still.

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

Lol, bloody predicted text!
I'll just say he was shite!

Unfortunately O'hare has become the blue eyed boy for many fans, despite rarely contributing anything apart from throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity.
Come on man - for once I agree with Grendel.
O;Hare is absolutely key for us given his high energy pressing game and always being available for the out ball. And he's not the most fouled player in the League for nothing. He's targeted by the oppo since he is our key man.
To your point - yes I would like to see more goals from O'Hare and our midfielders in general but to call O'Hare abject today or in any other game this season is very harsh.
We all need perspective - WBA, Fulham and Bournemouth are basically Premier League outfits - to be anywhere near competing with the big boys at this point given our rise from L2 is remarkable.

higgs

For me Dabo v Kane debate I'd start Dabo think he is the better at defending and more powerful but Kane has a better delivery/cross on him maybe bring him on when dabo has emptied the tank for the last 20

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

For me Dabo v Kane debate I'd start Dabo think he is the better at defending and more powerful but Kane has a better delivery/cross on him maybe bring him on when dabo has emptied the tank for the last 20

Fair points. It shows how far we have come to be even having this debate about 2 class right wing banks.

CovBrummie94

Moore - 6 Did his job. Not much he could’ve done for either goal
Kane - 6 almost created an own goal and got the assist although his crossing was frustrating at times
Dabo - 4 didn’t track his man for the opener. Isn’t a centre back.
McFadz - 8 MOTM. What a season he’s having.
Rose - 6 another steady game. Would like to see him at RCB when JCS is fit.
Maatsen - 5 unlucky to get dragged at HT.
Sheaf - 5 I’m one of his biggest fans but he had an absolute Weston. Should’ve fouled for the opener. Constantly gave the ball away as WBA pressed.
Hamer - 4 looks injured.
O’Hare - 4 offered little. Poor touches throughout. Incredibly frustrating.
Godden - 4 anonymous
Gyokores - 5 well off it. Looks like the Gyokores from last season at the minute.

Hyam - 5 passing was poor but he should be starting over Dabo if fit.
Kelly - 5
Walker - 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Pretty much sums up how I feel aswell. Couldn’t of put it better myself 👍

slowpoke

I don't see Maatsen as better with JCS. His best games have always been when JCS isn't in the side. I think he panics because he knows JCS is very susceptible to the wide ball behind him.
Don’t agree, a fully fit JCS is an essential ingredient to our back line trouble is he’s been playing with and carrying an injury for a while need him back and fully fit asap.

Reppz

We deserve relegation if there are fans with opinions like this

Grendel

Our form over the last 12 games is 19th in the league, just 3 wins. The wins in the middle against Hull and Bristol look like anomalies

LWDLDWLWDDDL

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think 10 is relevant as that’s when the goals from the target man stopped. It’s 11 points from then

pusbccfc

He's right.

Our form is borderline relegation form.

We can talk about 'we are still top 3/4/6/10' but the fact is, there is some absolute garbage in this division that we are better than and are not beating.

Not winning at Sheffield United, Birmingham and against Derby is poor. They were dreadful.

DannyThomas_1981

We’ve been showing relegation form for the last 10 games - cracks are showing

My comment was specific to this exchange of views:

higgs said:

Reppz: We deserve relegation if there are fans with opinions like this

You would surely admit that is borderline crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread