Ratings (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

McCallum has definitely been off for a while, since before the move. We’ve been far stronger down the right. That’s not a slight at him, he’s a young kid playing his first season in a demanding role. It’d be good squad management to give him a rest IMO and I’d be saying that even more if he was our player. He must have played the least professional football of anyone in the first team squad.

This

steveo1987

Rubbish. He played well yesterday, without being outstanding. Crucial ball for O'Hare's goal, great pass for Shippley for the effort that hit the post, hit the bar himself from a free kick, bullied their winger all day. He was an outlet all game long. Made one bad mistake when he miskicked a clearance and then tripped over his own feet, nearly giving them a chance. What are you expecting from him, Roberto Carlos every week?

Read the comment further up the thread about these players being kids. He needs a bit of a rest. There's a lot of games at the moment and rotating players around as we are doing in the midfield does no harm at all.

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't say McCallum bullied their winger. The winger had the beating of him pretty much every time.

SBbucks

Wouldn't say McCallum bullied their winger. The winger had the beating of him pretty much every time.
Somebody else says he gave McCallum a torrid time for an hour - really? How many chances were created by this magic winger? I can't remember any. Sam had him under control for most of the game and took the ball off him regularly. It's all opinions I suppose, but I cannot remember any teams over the last 3-4 years that posed less threat than Southend.

Reactions: JWC

Nick

Administrator
Somebody else says he gave McCallum a torrid time for an hour - really? How many chances were created by this magic winger? I can't remember any. Sam had him under control for most of the game and took the ball off him regularly. It's all opinions I suppose, but I cannot remember any teams over the last 3-4 years that posed less threat than Southend.

There was also the one where McFadz had to bail McCallum out and put in a great block.

Not saying he was awful, just that he didn't really bully their winger as the centre halves had to bail him out a few times when he was beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread