Transfer Rumour Ratings (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Imo, simply needs to manage his in game fittness. Difficult because one of the reasons he's selected is for his high energy and work rate up the pitch. Tbh i dont think its 60-70 but 1st half v 2nd and then noticeable by 60 after a poorer start. I assume putting so much in, that after a break it's then more difficult to get going at the same level. Look how often he's taken off, but if Robins doesn't fancy him for the 90, then. Should perhaps be thinking at HT, but again a tougher call after someone's had such a great half. Hopefully with age, experience, fitness etc it will improve and I'd be amazed if the analysts haven't already highlighted and are working on it with him and the manager.

fernandopartridge

"Shipley 7....tired badly..started very well."

Is it me, or does Shipley have poor fitness levels and stamina? Always seems done by around the 60-70 minute mark? Then the sloppy passes really kick in
I wouldn't say he has got poor fitness levels, he covers a lot of ground, he makes 40 yard runs to get in behind time after time, any player would be knackered by 70 minutes. I did hear he's got asthma though.

stupot07

I wouldn't say he has got poor fitness levels, he covers a lot of ground, he makes 40 yard runs to get in behind time after time, any player would be knackered by 70 minutes. I did hear he's got asthma though.
I wouldnt be surprised if Shipley has the highest running stats, most distance covered, most sprints, etc. Its not a lack of fitness.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I wouldnt be surprised if Shipley has the highest running stats, most distance covered, most sprints, etc. Its not a lack of fitness.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
From when he first came into the side he looks to have shifted a bit of weight as well, definitely trimmer this season. The role he's playing is demanding, I feel that's why Allen isn't in the side as he's just returned from injury and they want to manage him carefully

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I appear to be the only one I thought Walsh was ok yesterday, I’d give him a 7 but I got frustrated with him running into trouble constantly.

Usually a big fan of his

Marosi - 8
Dabo - 7
Rose - 6
McFadzean - 8
Hyam - 6
McCallum - 6
Kelly - 8
Walsh - 7
Westbrooke - 6
Shipley - 8
Godden - 9 (would have been 10 if he didn’t smash that chance over when he was straight through l)

O’Hare - 7
Bakayoko - 6

fernandopartridge

I appear to be the only one I thought Walsh was ok yesterday, I’d give him a 7 but I got frustrated with him running into trouble constantly.

Usually a big fan of his

Marosi - 8
Dabo - 7
Rose - 6
McFadzean - 8
Hyam - 6
McCallum - 6
Kelly - 8
Walsh - 7
Westbrooke - 6
Shipley - 8
Godden - 9 (would have been 10 if he didn’t smash that chance over when he was straight through l)

O’Hare - 7
Bakayoko - 6
No I'm with you on Walsh, talented player but decision making an execution not always great. Hope we keep him until the end of the season

stevefloyd

Walsh is energetic and being a young player he will inevitably be making some poor decisions as he is progressing but he is a great part of the teams success and obviously if he was the complete package he wouldn't be playing league 1 football with us

nunchuckas

Yeah, 4/5 times in a row in the second half our slick attacking passing moves broke down with him sloppily giving the ball away. The difficult pitch probably paid a part, but after the 2nd or 3rd time he should have got to grips with it. Overall he was still decent though - a good first half, sloppy, but hard working second half.

Usually a big fan of his

Marosi - 8
Dabo - 7
Rose - 6
McFadzean - 8
Hyam - 6
McCallum - 6
Kelly - 8
Walsh - 7
Westbrooke - 6
Shipley - 8

O’Hare - 7
Bakayoko - 6

shmmeee

Oggy mentioned Shipley had been working on his stamina in the commentary. I agree that some of it is partly his work rate throughout games and being a City fan I expect he leaves everything on the pitch, but it’s obviously something that’s been identified as something to work on.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is anyone else slightly concerned that Bristol City could recall Walsh? Would upset the balance we now have with him and Kelly together.

A bit but I also think Allen could step into that midfield in his place. Similarly O'Hare could come into one of Shipley/Westbrooke's positions.

I think there's other positions we'd suffer more from losing our first choice - RB for instance.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oggy mentioned Shipley had been working on his stamina in the commentary. I agree that some of it is partly his work rate throughout games and being a City fan I expect he leaves everything on the pitch, but it’s obviously something that’s been identified as something to work on.

For some it is a natural thing - their body doesn't get as much oxygen to the muscles and as has been mentioned he may have asthma. For an everyday person he would be exceptionally fit for someone with that condition.

Like in the Olympics etc there are some who just seem to be able to run/swim faster more naturally even when the competition also train exceptionally hard.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dont get many anywhere was a debate on talk sport how the percentage of headed goals has dropped dramatically.
Might be due to players worried about problems in later life.

I think that's part of it but also tactics are now far more played along the ground to feet as it's considered far more accurate and likely to result in retaining possession

shmmeee

I think that's part of it but also tactics are now far more played along the ground to feet as it's considered far more accurate and likely to result in retaining possession

I wonder what the stats are like compared to countries like Spain or Brazil that have less of a route one heritage.

Users who are viewing this thread