Ratings (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

You think that’s all he contributes?! Bloody hell, do you only watch the ball when you watch a match? His running is incredible. He’s never more than a few meters away from the play, that’s more important than a fancy back heel but if that is all you notice then he can’t be responsible for your lack of football awareness.
No I don't. That was his outstanding contribution yesterday without a doubt. In possession he's very tidy and usually retains possession. Out of possession, I'm not sold on him at the moment. I don't think he wins enough ball or makes enough interceptions which makes him a bit of luxury that we might not be able to afford at the moment. If he was receiving the ball and doing a bit more in the final third I'd be happy but it's my opinion that I'd prefer Shipley in there at the minute. Ultimately, Allen will be the man but he's not an option at the minute.

Happy that people rate him more than I do. I acknowledge that. Although if running around a lot makes you great let's just sign Mo Farah

lifeskyblue

Thought westbrooke had a very good first half but became anonymous early second half.
McCallum for me had his least effective game of the season; ok defensively but not the usual delivery in to the box. He should have been stronger on the ‘penalty’ decision and it might have been given.
O’Hare also least effective game for us. Shame both have been excellent so far...just not quite their usual high standard.
Baka has to slot one of his chances and this would all be different...but we say that most games with him. He is not a prolific striker and doesn’t use his size and strength to bring others into play. People say sell him on January... it who on earth would buy him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

fernandopartridge

You think that’s all he contributes?! Bloody hell, do you only watch the ball when you watch a match? His running is incredible. He’s never more than a few meters away from the play, that’s more important than a fancy back heel but if that is all you notice then he can’t be responsible for your lack of football awareness.
Indeed, not sure what these people are watching.

Limey

Positives were the 2 full backs. Promising. Would like to have seen Mcallum push further up 6 yards at times and his body position seemed facing backwards a bit too often when receiving the ball.
Westbrooke faded bit was tidy.

Just lacked conviction up front. Baka should have had more confidence coming into this one. Not sure what the answer is with him.

Think we're going to be set up with a very heavily weighted midfield for the next few games.

fernandopartridge

Shall we revisit your thoughts on Bright?

Edit - realised the earlier post was about Westbrooke, not O'Hare. My post was about O'Hare really.

As for Bright, I was critical of him at first but he won me over. O'Hare is a better player and will go further imo.

As for Westbrooke, he's no worse than Shipley defensively but has got a bit more to him when on the ball, Shipley is a little bit predictable.

Nick

Administrator
Was anybody else shocked by Biamou's pace when he ran in behind and forced that save in the second half? The defender had a headstart but Biamou managed to outpace him and get a shot off.

Skybluefaz

Edit - realised the earlier post was about Westbrooke, not O'Hare. My post was about O'Hare really.

As for Bright, I was critical of him at first but he won me over. O'Hare is a better player and will go further imo.

As for Westbrooke, he's no worse than Shipley defensively but has got a bit more to him when on the ball, Shipley is a little bit predictable.
O'Hare has obvious quality. I want a little more out of Westbrooke and I'd favour Shipley out of the two but I appreciate there isn't much to split the two. Allen was supposed to be in there.

fernandopartridge

O'Hare has obvious quality. I want a little more out of Westbrooke and I'd favour Shipley out of the two but I appreciate there isn't much to split the two. Allen was supposed to be in there.

Yes, I've posted a few times on here that Westbrooke needs to impose himself more but I think he's trying to. He's still very inexperienced to be fair to him.

stevefloyd

giphy.gif
Yes, I remember raising an eyebrow.
giphy.gif

cc84cov

Have to disagree mate O’Hare not even close to the level bright was at last season.

Warwickhunt

Unfortunately I'm probably comparing Shipley and Westbrooke to what I would have expected from Tom Bayliss. Neither are at his level yet. He'd have thrived in this system I think
Bayliss was no better than Shipley or westerbrook in the latter stages of hid CCFC career

DannyThomas_1981

Bayliss was no better than Shipley or westerbrook in the latter stages of hid CCFC career

I agree with that Warwick. Bayliss was played out of position in my view last year in a midfield 2 with lots of defensive duties. Not his natural role and had a difficult season.

I think that SkyBlueFaz is saying that Bayliss would fit in perfectly in our current midfield 3 - I also agree with that - think he'd be brilliant in that system.

DannyThomas_1981

E

I think they are slightly different players. Shipley offers us balance on the left hand side and I would say is the better athlete. More of a dynamo in midfield and has been very good this season in a midfield 3 - brilliant performance vs. Doncaster as an example. I see him evolving into a Jordan Henderson type player. Fantastic if he could evolve into a more consistent goal scoring midfielder as well. Westbrooke technically is good and has played a big role in our possession football this season.

For once we have a decent problem in that we have strength in depth in midfield. For my money the first two names in midfield are Kelly and O'Hare. You could make a very good case that Walsh could complement Kelly and O'Hare very well once freed from defensive duties. And we still have Allen on the sidelines. So I don't see Shipley or Westbrooke as automatic first choices but do see them playing a role this season.

Users who are viewing this thread