Ratings vs Swansea (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Difficult one to mark, as we played like Jekyll & Hyde.

Wilson: 6 - Did a couple of decent saves, and cleared it well to set up one of the goals, but also seemed to flap a bit when the game turned.
Burroughs: 5.5 - Played well first half, but stopped going forwards at 3-0. Was right to be taken off.
Panzo: 5 - Scored a good goal, but then one of the biggest culprits when it came to falling asleep. Some of those pass backs were insane.
Doyle: 6 - Was really impressive first half and came forward a lot successfully. Second half also went to shit after we took a decent lead. Shit clearance for their third.
Rose: 5 - Should be showing some sort of leadership. I didn't see it.
Bidwell: 5.5 - Solid mostly as you would expect, but again, just decided to go and buy a hotdog at 3-0.
Sheaf: 5 - Some good interceptions as always, but again, just hid like a child when they were coming back into it.
Hamer: 5 - Again, went to shit.
Allen: 5 - Can frustrate, but offered a bit going forwards and scored a really nice goal. However, again, he went to buy a hotdog with Bidwell at 3-0.
O'Hare: 5 - People are staying quiet about him as they don't like to criticise, but I think that says a lot. Nice assist, but spooned a great chance at 0-0 and was probably the most absent player in the second half other than his involvement in the Vik goal. Was right to be subbed.
Gyokeres: 6 - Sometimes I feel he is a bit selfish, but today he was entirely on his own for a lot of the match. Good goal, but also spooned a few chances. Isn't to blame for us falling asleep though.

Subs I can't really find anything positive about. Only the sentimental showing of Kelly.

Robins: 3 - Takes the weight of the blame for me. His interview only frustrated me more, didn't take any accountability and made a heap of excuses. Should have acted earlier with the subs, made the wrong subs, and at the wrong times. Most people on here could see what was going on, and weren't surprise when the tide turned in the way it did.

No idea how fair those ratings are, but it was a total emotional clusterfuck for the supporters today.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some of the ratings are overly harsh on the midfield and there was no way Wilson was our joint best player.

Our midfield that completely collapsed when we were winning 3-0? That's where the game was lost ultimately. They evaporated.

Wilson could have done better for one, maybe two of the goals, but was far from the worst problem.

What would you score them out of curiosity?

Sick Boy

Our midfield that completely collapsed when we were winning 3-0? That's where the game was lost ultimately. They evaporated.

Wilson could have done better for one, maybe two of the goals, but was far from the worst problem.

What would you score them out of curiosity?
I place the blame more on Robins for not reacting to their change in tactics and subs. When he did make changes they were just bizarre.
Will do ratings tomorrow but probably 6s for the midfield overall.
Agreed Wilson wasn’t the main problem but his distribution and lack of communication is dreadful.

slowpoke

You get games like this no one was really poor but once Swansea pulled a goal back the inexperience of Burroughs, Doyle and Panzo stuck out like a sore thumb, the game needed managing especially in midfield. In the end I was grateful for the point.

shmmeee

No marks cos first hour we were generally excellent to a man and last half hour we were dogshit to a man.

SBchimp

You get games like this no one was really poor but once Swansea pulled a goal back the inexperience of Burroughs, Doyle and Panzo stuck out like a sore thumb, the game needed managing especially in midfield. In the end I was grateful for the point.
Like a sore thumb! And Rose, Bidwell and Kane did what exactly to not stand out for you?

pipkin73

Robins said the players on the bench never had enough game time in their legs so could not bring them on. Well if he doesn't make changes when will they have enough? Is he trying to make a point to the "New owner" just like cancelling the friendly game?

Nick

Administrator
Robins said the players on the bench never had enough game time in their legs so could not bring them on. Well if he doesn't make changes when will they have enough? Is he trying to make a point to the "New owner" just like cancelling the friendly game?
It's madness really. Give them game time then.

Even with no injuries, it's the same.

pipkin73

It's madness really. Give them game time then.

Even with no injuries, it's the same.
I know people are split of Fab but has he played this season more than 10 mins. We will never know if he is good enough if he never plays. 3-2 up with them pressing was the time to bring him on. Let his pace with Vicks strength an pace worry them and push them back. Instead 2 like for like subs and lucky to hang on.love MR but he is making the situation worse by playing none of the back up players.

NorthernWisdom

Must admit the whole “We’ll never know if he’s good enough if he doesn’t play” argument has never made any sense to me. If he’s good enough, he’ll earn the minutes.
The extension of the argument is I've played even less minutes than Tavares, so therefore *I* should be playing up front next match to see if I'm good enough.

shmmeee

Like a sore thumb! And Rose, Bidwell and Kane did what exactly to not stand out for you?

I think you might have to limit your exposure to this place as your lads get into the first team 😂

FWIW I thought Jack was outstanding first half and no worse than anyone else second thought obviously tired. Really like his speed, strength, intelligent runs. I’d like to see him improve defensively but which of our RWBs isn’t that true about?

Questions if you don’t mind: did he consciously train to be two footed or was that natural? And also I’ve always wondered if players, especially wingbacks, practice long throws cos it seems like the sort of thing you could learn that gives you an edge in the game.

SBchimp

I think you might have to limit your exposure to this place as your lads get into the first team 😂

FWIW I thought Jack was outstanding first half and no worse than anyone else second thought obviously tired. Really like his speed, strength, intelligent runs. I’d like to see him improve defensively but which of our RWBs isn’t that true about?

Questions if you don’t mind: did he consciously train to be two footed or was that natural? And also I’ve always wondered if players, especially wingbacks, practice long throws cos it seems like the sort of thing you could learn that gives you an edge in the game.
You’re not wrong it’s a minefield. ive been here longer than him though but I’m looking less tbf.
on the two footed front he’s pretty natural, left handed, but plays golf right handed. And darts to think of it 🤔 it was encouraged when we’d kick about in the garden but that’s pretty well it and that was a loooong time ago. No idea about throws.

OldBedrocker

Didn’t stop him putting Kelly on who had no game time

JimmyHillsbeard

Joe Allen had 45 touches in handed half an hour. About half a dozen less than Sheaf and Hamer managed from the entire match and more than Jamie Allen. When Joe Allen came on he found an unbelievable amount of time and space in the centre circle and our player mostly stood back while he passed it around to players in better positions (which quickly became their left flank). The failure to spot this was a serious oversight of our management, the failure to stop it suggests some of our players aren’t as good as we like to think.

I’ve never known a game like Saturday. We had gone into an exaggerated but not outrageously fortunate lead but should have been able to see out a 3-0 lead with a quarter of the game to go. As soon as Swansea scored the first many fans *knew* we were in trouble. And their players grew in confidence as panic spread among our defence and midfield.

Their first goal was excellent. The movement for their second and third was also really good but the failure to beat players following up for rebounds after shots were saved and struck the post respectively is pretty unforgivable for this level of football.

shmmeee

Joe Allen had 45 touches in handed half an hour. About half a dozen less than Sheaf and Hamer managed from the entire match and more than Jamie Allen. When Joe Allen came on he found an unbelievable amount of time and space in the centre circle and our player mostly stood back while he passed it around to players in better positions (which quickly became their left flank). The failure to spot this was a serious oversight of our management, the failure to stop it suggests some of our players aren’t as good as we like to think.

I’ve never known a game like Saturday. We had gone into an exaggerated but not outrageously fortunate lead but should have been able to see out a 3-0 lead with a quarter of the game to go. As soon as Swansea scored the first many fans *knew* we were in trouble. And their players grew in confidence as panic spread among our defence and midfield.

Their first goal was excellent. The movement for their second and third was also really good but the failure to beat players following up for rebounds after shots were saved and struck the post respectively is pretty unforgivable for this level of football.

I don’t think it was exaggerated. We could easily have been 6-0 up.

shmmeee

[/

Maybe. Although we would have needed more shots on target and their keeper to have been particularly useless. Alternatively despite playing well we might have also have been only 2-1 up or 1-0 down.

No. First half the only shots they had on target were a couple of soft shots down Wilson’s throat.

We had O’Hare and Allen’s miss plus Viks two one on ones. We were all over them regardless of the possession stats.

Londonccfcfan

The Ratings first 60 mins including those for MR would have ben excellent, the game plan was executed perfectly up to that point.

What i cant figure put was the opposition manager a genius the was he changed it up or was he man desperate.

But holy cow how MR didnt see that coming was criminal. When everyone in stadium could.

There was literally no out ball for midfielders. Would have been better served with 2 forwards boing wide , i think it would have been ideal for Tavares to come on.

Londonccfcfan

No. First half the only shots they had on target were a couple of soft shots down Wilson’s throat.

We had O’Hare and Allen’s miss plus Viks two one on ones. We were all over them regardless of the possession stats.
Doyle cleared one that was going in 45th minute that had Wilson beaten from Patterson shot.

CDK

Lucky point in the end,we lost this in midfield we stopped playing I would have swapped O'Hare for Palmer when they scored there's 1st goal for extra energy because he's underused as it is.
Also think Kelly is past it.as someone as said already rose is not the leader of a young back 3 as he should be now.

JimmyHillsbeard

I’m not really disagreeing I said it was fortunate but not outrageously so.

Here is the Swansea version of extended highlights. Obviously they’re partial but it does indicate they weren’t out of the game in the first half, and we’re confident as soon as they scored the first.

TomS91

I really like his dynamism too. We don't have anybody else like it. He even managed to get a pass off Gyokeres which shows he must've made a great run :ROFLMAO:

fernandopartridge

The third goal the player who had the initial header saved just wandered into the box while all of our players were ball watching, especially Panzo and Sheaf (who should be tracking runs from midfield much better).

Brighton Sky Blue

The Ratings first 60 mins including those for MR would have ben excellent, the game plan was executed perfectly up to that point.

What i cant figure put was the opposition manager a genius the was he changed it up or was he man desperate.

But holy cow how MR didnt see that coming was criminal. When everyone in stadium could.

There was literally no out ball for midfielders. Would have been better served with 2 forwards boing wide , i think it would have been ideal for Tavares to come on.
The opposition manager will get the praise but let’s be honest if you somehow don’t lose from 3-0 down with 25 minutes to go it’s because someone’s seriously fucked up

shmmeee

The third goal the player who had the initial header saved just wandered into the box while all of our players were ball watching, especially Panzo and Sheaf (who should be tracking runs from midfield much better).

Thought Panzo was great when he had the job of man marking but once his role seemed a little less defined then he looked more lost.

Londonccfcfan

Thought Panzo was great when he had the job of man marking but once his role seemed a little less defined then he looked more lost.
It seemed like we had one centre back spare in first 60 mins where one of the 3 usually panzo them would go forward into pocket between midfield and defence to man mark.

2nd half half the problem was we were tired and seemed like we just lost our legs, we were slow to snap at the heels (kelly made us look worse if thats possible). We were just reacting few seconds slower to every pass in the end chased shadows, first half we were right on it when energy levels were good.

I guess it just shows even the ost fittest of teams when you put so much in and havnt got anything off the bench to put on shows our lack of squad depth with injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread