Allen 8
O'Hare 6
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Bidwell 5
Waghorn 5
Jones 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If O'Hare or Walker missed the chances Allen did, he'd be getting 3 or 4 not 8.

Grendel

Moore 7
Hyam 6
Fadz 6
Clarke-Salter 6
Kane 7
Shipley 7
Sheaf 9
Hamer 6
Allen 8
O'Hare 6
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Bidwell 5
Waghorn 5
Jones 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Allen missed 3 good chances including one at nil nil

steve101

Moore 7 (brave save early on and used the ball well)
Kane 7 (wasteful first half but crossing improved vastly in the second and another assist)
Shipley 8 (some great one touch pass and move and brilliant goal. Caught a couple of times defensively but generally did well)
Hyam 6 (sold himself a couple of times which could have been costly but did okay venturing forward)
McFadzean 6 (off the pace early on and sloppy on occasions but marshalled as usual)
Clarke-Salter 8 (another strong performance with head and feet)
Sheaf 8 motm (not surprisingly tired near the end and became a bit sloppy but overall the best midfielder on the pitch for me)
Hamer 7 (a mixed game of quality and error. Should have shot when it opened up for him, especially after his goal last week)
Allen 7 (movement and running off the ball was exceptional. Makes the pass so much more easier, but has to score one of his chances)
O'Hare 6 (lost the ball too easily and wasteful. Better second half creating a good chance for Waghorn)
Gyokeres 7 (just not going for him. Held the ball up and made it difficult for their defence. Should have buried his chance in 6 yard box first half the keeper got lucky)

Bidwell 5 (not the challenge I would expect from an experienced player for their second. Hopefully a matter of lack of recent football but disappointing start)
Waghorn 6 ( looked good on the ball. Best open play cross all game for Sheaf header. Should have hit chance with right foot)
Jones 6 (apart from one cross too deep, looked lively and creative. Needs more minutes)

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Moore - 6 - down a point for the goal which I think he could have got down quicker for, up a point for the early save.
Kane - 6 - Shite first half but much livelier second running at their fans
Hyam - 6 - OK, still think another that could have done better for the goal
McFadzean - 6 - feel like he was easing himself back in today which is weird as he's not been out long
Clarke-Salter - 7 - best of the back three, good bring ing the ball out and strong in the challenge
Shipley - 7 - Doesn't offer an attacking threat from LWB (beautiful set-price goal aside) but is very strong and composed. Impressed
Sheaf - 9 - excellent, drove us forward, broke up their play. Really not much more you could expect from a deep lying playmaker
Hamer - 5 - Tried to do the Hollywood ball or the back-heel or flick and lost the ball so many times when the easy pass was on
Allen - 6 - started well getting beyond Gyo but end product poor and faded
O’Hare - 6 - sort of the opposite of Allen, started shite but grew into I second half. Should have had an assist
Gyokeres - 6 - works defenders so hard, comes away with the ball when he has no right to. drifting too wide at times though and needs to be more of a goal threat

Bidwell - 5 - didn't change the game, good to have minutes in his legs though
Waghorn - 5 missed a sitter
Jones - 6 - got out of some tight spaces well on the right and moved the ball well

Blind-Faith

Moore - 7
Kane - 8
Hyam - 6
McFadzean - 6
Clarke-Salter - 7
Shipley - 8
Sheaf - 9
Hamer - 7
Allen - 6
O’Hare - 6
Gyokeres - 6

ccfcricoh

Moore - 6
Kane - 8 was always busy and getting forward
Hyam - 6 poor for first goal
McFadzean - 8 I think we look more solid with him in there
Clarke-Salter - 8 another good game
Shipley - 8 plus one for goal
Sheaf - 8 motm
Hamer - 5 poor lots of fouls and lost possession
Allen - 6 one off for missed chances
O’Hare - 6 no threat
Gyokeres - 6

Marty

Moore - 6 - Nothing to do really
Kane - 6 - Wanted to do too much.
Hyam - 6
McFadzean - 6
Clarke-Salter - 7 - Looked very good today.
Shipley - 7 - Surprised me, superb goal
Sheaf - 8 - Keeps getting better, he's going to be a bigger loss then either Hamer or O'Hare.
Hamer - 6 - Seems to want to try the spectacular all the time instead of simple passes.
Allen - 6 - Can't finish to save his life.
O’Hare - 6
Gyokeres - 6 - Terrible lay off for Shipley just before he was taken off. Better pass, Shipley has a clear effort at goal from 15 yards out. Could have been the winner.

Not going to do the subs due to lack of recent play time, new signing etc.

rob9872

Surprised at a few 6s for Kane. I thought he was really good after first 10 mins. Some of the balls in were great and a couple we should've definitely scored from.

SAJ

Moore - 6 - Nothing to do really
Kane - 6 - Wanted to do too much.
Hyam - 6
McFadzean - 6
Clarke-Salter - 7 - Looked very good today.
Shipley - 7 - Surprised me, superb goal
Sheaf - 8 - Keeps getting better, he's going to be a bigger loss then either Hamer or O'Hare.
Hamer - 6 - Seems to want to try the spectacular all the time instead of simple passes.
Allen - 6 - Can't finish to save his life.
O’Hare - 6
Gyokeres - 6 - Terrible lay off for Shipley just before he was taken off. Better pass, Shipley has a clear effort at goal from 15 yards out. Could have been the winner.

Not going to do the subs due to lack of recent play time, new signing etc.
The lay off to Shipley was on a plate. You could see that by Shipley‘s reaction.

pusbccfc

Surprised at a few 6s for Kane. I thought he was really good after first 10 mins. Some of the balls in were great and a couple we should've definitely scored from.

QPR fans are laughing at his performance.

He certainly wasn't at his best but still managed an assist. Must be on 5 or 6 now.

rob9872

QPR fans are laughing at his performance.

He certainly wasn't at his best but still managed an assist. Must be on 5 or 6 now.
If Vik had been a bit braver then one of the balls in the second half was an absolute peach

Jonny

Wouldn't pay attention, SBT needs a boo boy every game.

SkyblueTexan

We played well, but as has been the case versus QPR this season we create a ton of chances, but need to make it count. Otherwise, you know they will take the few chances they create. They are a very wily team with players that have been around these kind of games to know when to strike. It’s basically how the entire division is. I can sense MR’s frustration at us not being clinical enough in the final third. Once we have that, the sky’s the limit. To do that our current squad just needs to have more self confidence, shake off any rust and just take a crack like Shipley did today. Glad we’ve offloaded some deadwood this Jan and there has to be a little more of that. Not sure if Tavares is the answer to our goal-scoring issue with Godden out, especially if he can’t even make the bench. We definitely need more investment to improve upon a good team and not lose any key players in the summer.

CovBrummie94

Personally didn’t think it was one of his better games.

Felt his crossing was wasteful and he hit a few straight to their keeper. Understand he won’t get it right every time and it’s part of his game though.

Was particularly frustrating in the first half when he decided to hit a hopeful effort from outside the box that hit a QPR defender instead of playing it wide to Allen who was in a good position to cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBT

The lay off to Shipley was on a plate. You could see that by Shipley‘s reaction.

It bobbled all the way along to him. Might have been the pitch, or might have been a sloppy pass, but either way it gave Shipley a much harder job.

MAFF

Moore - 6. good save first half. could have done better with the second goal?
Kane - 5. not great.
Hyam - 6. fine. out of position for the first goal?
McFadzean - 6.5 won almost everything in the air.
Clarke-Salter - 6. fine.
Shipley - 7. solid. slight wobble just before HT. one of the best goals I've seen for a long time.
Sheaf - 8. what a player he is.
Hamer - 5. frustrating.
Allen - 5. busy but finishing was horrendous.
O’Hare - 5. hardly noticed him all game.
Gyokeres - 6.5. caused problems. too wide at times. more effective in a 2.

Users who are viewing this thread