ratings vs hartlepool (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Murphy 8 solid punching, handling and decision making ,kicks could have been better

Stewart 8 brilliant debut was solid and did everything right, needs to add more attacking play in time

Edge 7 solid performance and let's hope for more of the same

Martin - 8 very good at the back dealt with everything superbly my only gripe would be that he tries to be a playmaker too much

Christie - 7 did well defensively but needs to make the right path when attacking

Jennings - 7 good battling display got caught in possession a few times bird over all had a good game

Bailey -6 good calming presence but didn't so much going forward

Moussa -7 had a good game especially first half

Baker - 6 not a great game from the captain but he got better at the end and should have scored

Mcsheffrwy - 3 very poor performance has no first touch no pace and offers nothing to the team should have been substituted off earlier

Macdonald - 7 we did not give him the best service that he poured in a shift and took his goal clinically

Wilson 6 looked very livrly and attacking

Fleck 6 who says he's slow????

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy 7
Christie 6
Edjenguele 6
Martin 6
Stewart 6
Baker 6
Bailey 5
Jennings 5
Moussa 5
McSheffrey 4
McDonald 7

Wilson 7
Fleck 6

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 6- not a lot to do
Christie 7- solid performance
Martin 8- best performance I have see from him
Edge 7- good performance
Stewart 6- uneventful
Baker 5- pretty poor performance, had a few moments
Bailey 6- did ok
Jennings 6- uneventful
Sheff 4- feel sorry for the fella
Moussa 6- had moments but lacked an end product
McDonald 7- worked hard, took goals well. Not really suited to the role though

Fleck & Wilson 6- didn't really have the same impact as Tuesday but I guess it is a totally different ball game coming on to protect a lead rather than chasing a game

stupot07

Murphy 7
Christie 6
Martin 7
Edge 7
Stewart 6
Baker 5
Jennings 5
Bailey 5
Moussa 6
Sheff 5
Cody 7

Subs
Fleck 5
Wilson 6

suddsy101

Murphy-9 never put a foot wrong
Cyrus- 7 good going forward
Edge- 8 so much better than Cameron
Martin- good defending
Stewart- 9 look really good
Baker-7 good run at end, deserved a goal
Bailey- 6 quiet
Jennings- 7 good tackling
Moose- 9 gr8 play as always
Sheff- 0 terrible
Cody- 8 quiet but gr8 finish
SUBS
Fleck-7 good run at one point
Wilson- 7 lively

Littlewood CCFC

Murphy 8 - Quality keeper glad most fans are finally off the guys back!

Christie 7 - Decent enough

Edjenguele 7 - Solid today

Martin 8 - Didnt put a foot wrong made a few crucial interceptions

Stewart 6 - Not as helpful down the left as Blair Adams but a decent enough defensive job

Baker 6 - Runs out of ideas sometimes but his class is there to be seen! great turns and Technique But gives the ball away sloppy sometimes

Bailey 5 - Didnt get into the game

Jennings 7 - I seem to be one of the minority what rates Jenno i thought his distrubution, work rate and tenacity was good today although he can be caught in possession, needs to concentrate.

Moussa 7 - Good Stuff but he seems to struggle carrying the ball on our god awful pitch!

McSheffrey 4 - How this guy still gets playing time is beyond me. Starting to piss me off how players like Wilson and Fleck are shunned for this joker.

McDonald 7 - Good work rate and good finish for his goal, Again his service wasn't fantastic but kept going until he went off.

SUBS

Wilson 7 - i really like the look of this lad cant remember a player in our team what wants to run and terrorise the defenders.

Fleck 7 - Needs more gametime because his class is evident.

shmmeee

Murphy - 8: solid, came well for crosses and another performance to keep him in the running for player of the season.

Christie - 6: did fairly well, but FFS would he learn to make a run to give Baker some space?

Martin - 7: reminded me of Wood when he's playing well, getting better with games.

Edge - 7: another solid game, Hartlepools attacking style suited him somewhat.

Stewart - 6: not a bad debut, was never given the ball in acres of space numerous times in the first half. Seems a bit weak defensively, but better than Dickinson IMO

Jennings - 4: awful. Slowed down our attacks, never showed for the ball from defense in a decent position, just takes the ball two yards away turns 360 and gives it back. Thomas in next game please.

Baker - 5: one of his poorest games at home IMO. Released the ball far too late or not at all resulting in attacks breaking down. Seems to be getting greedy in the final third as his goals tally goes up.

Bailey - 6: gave us some movement and energy in midfield.

Moussa - 7: was Moussa. Broke past people but again perhaps too greedy in the final third.

McSheff - 4: awful. Missed sitters, have the ball away, was never ever on the far post, which when you consider Baker and Christie are supplying the (over hit) crosses is criminal. Needs to be dropped, Fleck has shown more in less time in the last two games.

McDonald - 7: no service, made his own. Took his goal well and chased all day. Who said he was lazy and can't score? Needs a partner or a more cooperative midfield though.

Subs

Wilson - 7: chased well has great pace and scares defenders. Should have started for his goal in the week IMO and Id like to see him well blooded before the end of the season, about time we had a youth team striker, the last one got booed off today.

Fleck - 6: looked lively, uses the ball well, has a better goals to games ratio than Sheff (who doesn't?), is Scottish! Why isn't he starting?

Bell - 5: did he touch the Ball? Gets a 5 for replacing McSheffrey.

Pressley - 5: was a big supporter of his appointment, but in the two games I've seen he's made the wrong changes and has praised two very poor performances. I hope this is just the official front and he recognises the issues, but I'm not convinced.

Grendel

Murphy - 7 did all he needed to
Christie - 8 good at attacking and defending
Stewart - 8 solid performance
Edj - 7 did better than usual
Martin - 7 solid and a crucial tackle in the second half
Baker - 5 just gave the ball away all the time
Moussa - 6 hardworking
Jennings - 7 worked very hard and best midfielder
Bailey - 5 anonymous
Mcsheffrey - 5 poor game but some if the vitriol was not required
McDonald - 5 he scored so at least he did a job but he is a very poor player technically

Wilson - 6 looks a prospect
Fleck - 5 looks like there is no prospect of making it

Nick

Administrator
Murphy - 7 - didnt really have much to do!
Christie - 7 - got up and down the pitch well but looks to want an extra touch all of the time.
Stewart - 7 - didnt do much wrong but he didnt seem to like running too much
Edj - 6 - didnt have much to do, hoofed it a lot
Martin - 6 - great tackle in the second half, first half he was struggling to kick the ball 10 yards to one of our players and kept kicking it out of player
Moussa - 7 - took players on and ran at them, shouldnt have come off
Jennings - 6 - broke down their play
Bailey - 5 did he get dirty?
Mcsheffrey - 4 may as well not have bothered turning him, head is not with the game at all.
Baker - 5 gave the ball away and was dire but did have a couple of good runs
McDonald - 7 - good finish for the goal and does make decent runs and gambles on things. he knows he wont win headers so tries to put the defenders off and run round them.

Wilson - 6 looks like a handful and can make things happen, should have come on to play up front with mcdonald
Fleck - 6 - didnt really have much to do but a couple of good runs and passes

dongonzalos

Murphy - 7 did all he needed to
Christie - 8 good at attacking and defending
Stewart - 8 solid performance
Edj - 7 did better than usual
Martin - 7 solid and a crucial tackle in the second half
Baker - 5 just gave the ball away all the time
Moussa - 6 hardworking
Jennings - 7 worked very hard and best midfielder
Bailey - 5 anonymous
Mcsheffrey - 5 poor game but some if the vitriol was not required
McDonald - 5 he scored so at least he did a job but he is a very poor player technically

Wilson - 6 looks a prospect
Fleck - 5 looks like there is no prospect of making it

Did his job gets a 5?

If Clarke did nothing and scored and we won one nil, a seven I would guess?

Grendel

Did his job gets a 5?

If Clarke did nothing and scored and we won one nil, a seven I would guess?

Clark is vastly superior. I know your hero signed McDonald but the notion he could ever hack it as a championship player was misguided to put it mildly.

Clark runs the line and works defendes. McDonald as a footballer is not even in the same league.

dongonzalos

Clark is vastly superior. I know your hero signed McDonald but the notion he could ever hack it as a championship player was misguided to put it mildly.

Clark runs the line and works defendes. McDonald as a footballer is not even in the same league.

Fact is and I like Clarke he would do nothing yet score I was happy with that.

Cody does the same scores = 5 strange?

Grendel

Fact is and I like Clarke he would do nothing yet score I was happy with that.

Cody does the same scores = 5 strange?

That exposed your lack of football knowledge.

Clarke is vastly superior as his career stats prove,

Next you'll be saying chris Hussey is a lower level
Championship defender....oh hold on

dongonzalos

Clarke possibly is but your rating should have been for today's game.

In your owns words did what he is supposed to ie score the winner = 5 strange

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think he is disputing that Clarke is a better player, he is talking about today's game only. His point is if Clarke delivered a performance of the same quality you would give him higher than a 5

I think he makes a valid point

Baginton

Murphy 8 quality, commanded his box well today
Christie 7 good game, good going forward
Edje 7solid
Martin 7 solid
Stewart 7 good debut,saved a certain goal with a headed clearance,
Baker 5 started good, slowly went downhill
Bailey 6, wheres the old biley gone?
Jennings 7 some good distribution
Moussa 6.5 ok
McSheffrey 6 wasnt that bad, what idiots booed hm when he
McDonald 7 did his job well

Wilson 7 tried hard
Fleck 6.5 not on long enough
Bell should be getting more minutes on the pitch

mark82

Murphy 6 - would have been an 8 with better, faster distribution.
Christie 6 - Was ok. Not his best game going forward.
Edjenguele 7 - Get's too much undeserved stick. Rarely misses a header.
Martin 7 - first time I've seen him. Looked good.
Stewart 7 - Decent debut.
Baker 6 - Not his best but had 3 players round him every time he touched the ball.
Bailey 5 - Doesn't look the same player as he did pre injury.
Jennings 6 - Was ok. Not much to say really.
Moussa 6 - Again not at his bet but always looks like he can do something.
McSheffrey 6 - Added a point for the boo's. was poor but not as bad as some are making out.
McDonald 7 - Worked very hard. Chased everything. Scored a goal. Received poor service from the rest of the team.

Wilson 7 - Looks a good prospect. Again lacked correct service from the rest of the team. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Fleck 7 - Looked lively. Quicker than I remember. Needs to be given more game time.
Bell 6 - Not long enough on the pitch to make an impact. I must be one of the few pleased to see him back in the squad.

Great_Expectations

Murphy - 8 - still unfairly critised by some. At times today he didn't release the ball 'quickly enough' as there was no realistic options to release it too, plus we were winning so no need for high tempo from the keeper. Distribution today not as accuraed as usual.
Christie - 7 - offers a threat when going forward with his pace and direct running pretty solid at the back too.
Martin - 7 - confidence grew as game went on, solid defensive word in the second half. Made the wrong decision when on the ball too often in the first half.
Edge - 7 - reliable, won most balls in the air he was asked too. Not overally tested.
Stewart - 6 - solid, no massive impact on the game but once or twice found himself sweeping up at the back and was composed enough. Played within himself as first game fur a long time.
Baker - 6 - not one of his best performances but still is the one player we have who can create chances from little. Deserved a goal after his mazy dribble late one.
Jennings - 6 - busy performance but takes one touch too many too often subsequently slowing play down.
Bailey - 6 - little influence on the game. A good footballer just needs to find some real consistent form. Him and Jennings as a midfield two dont dictate the game enough for me.
Moussa - 7 - few good runs with the ball, good movement around the box. Should have scored in the second half.
McSheffrey - 5 - needs a rest. Never been his biggest fan and recent performances have been poor. Doesn't offer any threat these days, think his head as well as his legs aren't there at the minute at least.
McDonald - 6 - scored which is what you want from a striker. Aside from that he offered little. To be fair hard for him in the first half due to the hoff ball we were playing at times. Still overall hides way too much for me, rarely seems to be in space or making himself an option, doesn't anticipate anything.

Wilson - 7 - looked lively when he came one, definitely still raw but his pace will worry defenses as it did today.
Fleck - 6 - in and out of the game, composed on the ball but not on it enough for a player which his ability. Must be something off field happening with him for him to not be as close to the starting 11 as he should be.
Bell - 5 - didn't touch the ball, but someone who I want to see more of at this level.

Otis

MOTM for me was Edge.

Stayed strong and kept on his feet and looked a much more assured player.

Didn't think anyone else particularly stood out and Jennings and Baker continue to do good and bad things in equal measure.

Sheff should have been substituted earlier. He is clearly out of form.

And Bailey? Well, don't think he was particularly bad yesterday or anything, but can we please have the old Bailey back? The one we had before he got injured.

Don't like this new one so much.

motherfunky

Murphy 8 quality, commanded his box well today
Christie 7 good game, good going forward
Edje 7solid
Martin 7 solid
Stewart 7 good debut,saved a certain goal with a headed clearance,
Baker 5 started good, slowly went downhill
Bailey 6, wheres the old biley gone?
Jennings 7 some good distribution
Moussa 6.5 ok
McSheffrey 6 wasnt that bad, what idiots booed hm when he
McDonald 7 did his job well

Wilson 7 tried hard
Fleck 6.5 not on long enough
Bell should be getting more minutes on the pitch

Jennings 7 baker 5? Were you at the game? Baker wasn't outstanding but even with an injury did a million times better than Jennings. Jennings should be scored a 3 and McSheffrey a 3 and that's being kind. They might as well not have bothered turning up.... Oh yeah I don't think they did? :)

Users who are viewing this thread