Ratings vs County (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Everyone - 1
Worst performance in my time as a city fan

motherfunky

Baker and Thomas were by far the worst, should have been taken off before half time they were that bad. Murphy and Christie did ok. The rest were very poor today.

skybluesam98

Baker had his worst game I've ever seen him play in today...The best two players in my opinion today were Fleck and McGeough when they came on at half time and even they were poor after 10 minutes of playing...

ohitsaidwalker king power

Not a great day at the office for sure... not sure what Murphy could have done for any of the goals... maybe a touch disappointed with their 2nd from distance but it was a good strike. Thought Cyrus did OK, considering those around him were poor. Blair Adams in the second half shaped up a touch I thought.
Aside from that.... mediocre at best regretably.

cornoccfc

Unfair on

Murphy
Christie
Delfouneso
Barton
and
McGeouch

for me

Gaz71

Notts county had a good game plan of pressing every time we got the ball and marked Moussa out of the game, the full backs struggled to cope with county's wing play. I thought Barton, Baker, and Daniels all gave the ball away or passed back for Murphy to hoof upfield and invite county back on the attack, leaving Delfounso isolated up front.

@richh87

Thomas and Barton absolutely pathetic today - totally out-battled by two smaller, less athletic midfield opponents.

Sometimes, when the pitch is almost unplayable, the rain the pouring down, and the wind is blowing a gale, it's down to who wants to fight the hardest for the points - and the central midfielders set the tone.

Barton was rightly taken off at half time, and Thomas was lucky there wasn't an adequate replacement on the bench.

We desperately needed a target man - erm, like Leon Clarke... We needed the ball held up by the strikers, and neither the Fonz or Moussa have a physically presence.

I can't tell you how pissed off and disappointed I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonylinc

Thomas and Barton absolutely pathetic today - totally out-battled by two smaller, less athletic midfield opponents.

Sometimes, when the pitch is almost unplayable, the rain the pouring down, and the wind is blowing a gale, it's down to who wants to fight the hardest for the points - and the central midfielders set the tone.

Barton was rightly taken off at half time, and Thomas was lucky there wasn't an adequate replacement on the bench.

We desperately needed a target man - erm, like Leon Clarke... We needed the ball held up by the strikers, and neither the Fonz or Moussa have a physically presence.

I can't tell you how pissed off and disappointed I am.

I think we all are mate. To my mind County simply "wanted" it more.

Hobo

Murphy, Christie, Webster played okay as did Fleck and McGeouchwhen they came on. Barton started okay but faded, Daniels, Thomas and Moussa were poor....Baker was shocking. Adams battled but was poor. The Fonz up front had no service and the balls he could battle for were hit n hope. At times we played so narrow both their wide players were standing in space.

The conditions and pitch were poor, but County battled through them. So no excuses. Their second goal was a sweet strike.

No excuses we were poor today and it was not a day you wanted to be chasing the game.

Last edited:

VisitingPie

The pitch certainly didn't suit your game, but with our two new signings (Mullins in midfield and Spencer up front) we seem to have the missing links in our game. Derry has also changed the mindset in the players and stepped up the training as none of them were as fit as they should have been.

I think we're now a different team to the one you played at Sixfields, with a bit of hunger and drive. And we REALLY needed those points today, even more than you did. If we can steal a point or three at Wolves next week I'll really start to believe we can stay up!

@richh87

I think we all are mate. To my mind County simply "wanted" it more.

Yeah, agreed. I went there believing we can go on a run and make the playoffs - we won't.

We don't have a plan B, as we don't have a target man to play off when we can't play our nice passing game.

League 1 pitches are going to be crap at time like Notts County's was, and this is the worst time of year for it. We can't cope right now with these conditions. It requires a team to play like men and battle, and to have a game plan for these circumstances. We have neither.

So disappointed.

@richh87

The pitch certainly didn't suit your game, but with our two new signings (Mullins in midfield and Spencer up front) we seem to have the missing links in our game. Derry has also changed the mindset in the players and stepped up the training as none of them were as fit as they should have been.

I think we're now a different team to the one you played at Sixfields, with a bit of hunger and drive. And we REALLY needed those points today, even more than you did. If we can steal a point or three at Wolves next week I'll really start to believe we can stay up!

Yeah - you boys played the conditions well today. Mullins ran midfield, and that Villa youngster on loan on your left wing ran rings round us - Grealish was his name I think. I text my Villa supporting mate about him at half time and they really rate the lad.

Grateful to the County fans who applauded our protest. Had a great day out - mostly thanks to Hooters and Castle Rock Brewery

Tonylinc

The very best of luck for the Wolves game. Whilst I am truly gutted at the way the game panned out today I have to say that I enjoyed my visit to Meadow Lane today. Easy parking and no aggro. Look forward to going again next season.

wingy

Yeah, agreed. I went there believing we can go on a run and make the playoffs - we won't.

We don't have a plan B, as we don't have a target man to play off when we can't play our nice passing game.

League 1 pitches are going to be crap at time like Notts County's was, and this is the worst time of year for it. We can't cope right now with these conditions. It requires a team to play like men and battle, and to have a game plan for these circumstances. We have neither.

So disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Yeah that Grealish lad got right up my nose ,almost a touch of arrogance ,which obviously means he had a good game .I was thinking would'nt mind us signing him up and county have found a good one through their youth set up,now you mention villa It all makes sense .

Although It's early days and i don't want to get on his back ,their Villa loanee was more effective than our Villa loanee.

We had no width at all ,Christie probably got about five raids down the right .
Blair had his hands full with Campbell -Ryce and made a couple of raids .

The truth of the day Is nobody wanted the ball ,we played too deep ,were slow to move It ,moved It backwards too much ,lacked width and two strikers .

They seemed to find so much space between our lines.

VisitingPie

Grealish runs rings around every opponent we play. Even when we play badly and lose teams can't cope with him so he just gets hacked down. I don't know how he survived Stevenage! That wonderful example of humanity Graham Westley was shouting 'kill him' and their game plan was for players to take turns having a go at him. We were so lucky to keep him as Pboro and a few Champ clubs wanted him come Jan. He came to us as he thought a relegation battle was going to be character building. I'm sure it has been! I reckon we'll see him in the prem next season. And he's still only 18.

Sutty

So disappointed.

While I take your point and see where you're coming from, it was the same team that put in a good performance in very poor conditions on Tuesday night.

I'd like to think it's just a bad day at the office rather than a sign of a wider issue.

shmmeee

Delfouneso is, to borrow a phrase, dog shit. Utter tripe.

McGeough looked alright the 3 times he got on the ball. What happened to Marshall?

shmmeee

Grealish runs rings around every opponent we play. Even when we play badly and lose teams can't cope with him so he just gets hacked down. I don't know how he survived Stevenage! That wonderful example of humanity Graham Westley was shouting 'kill him' and their game plan was for players to take turns having a go at him. We were so lucky to keep him as Pboro and a few Champ clubs wanted him come Jan. He came to us as he thought a relegation battle was going to be character building. I'm sure it has been! I reckon we'll see him in the prem next season. And he's still only 18.

I was shouting "break the cocky twats legs" after about 10 minutes. Quality couple of wingers you've got there. Thought you played us at our own pressing game and did it better than us to be honest. Got a soft spot for County, my Dad's from Notts and was a fan and I went to uni/have family there, so always wish them well. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread