Ratings Vs Colchester (1 Viewer)

Murphy: 6 - Not a lot to do apart from the 2 goals really, and defensive positioning gave him no chance. Recall one good save from distance.

Christie: 8 - MOTM for me, a constant marauding presence down the right, tracked their left winger well and was still going like a duracell bunny at the end.

Martin: 5 - Poor positioning throughout, don't recall him winning a header, don't like the distance between him and Edge at times. That long range strike was ridiculous!

Edgenguele: 6 - Not his best game, but at least won some in the air. Needs to be talking to Martin more, dunno if there's a language barrier or something?

Dickinson: 4 - Don't rate this kid at all, terrible positioning for their second goal, offers nothing going forwards; hope Adams is back soon.

Baker: 7 - Can't understand the stick this guy gets at all! Always trying, not always coming off mind, but at least tries to get things moving! Sensational free-kick at the death too.

Jennings: 6 - I need to see some fire in this guy; I get the feeling he could be the midfield general we desperately need if he pulls his finger out.

Bailey: 5 - See Jennings; Not sure we should be playing two water-carriers at home to Colchester, would rather see Fleck or even Barton start. In danger of becoming 'Sideways Sammy' Mk 2....

McSheffrey: 5
- So frustrating watching this guy, knowing what he is capable of when he's on form. Offered nothing today.

Moussa: 6 - 1st half ran the show down the left side, constantly looking for the ball and taking on his man; 2nd half.... vanished! Still would have kept him on while looking for a goal, but I guess I got proven wrong by the late show.

McDonald: 5 - Isolated, poor service... but still not good enough. Anyone who still insists on slating Leon needs to take a look at what this lad brings to the table - nothing. Oh, and he missed a SITTER.

Subs:

Wilson: 7 - Great goal, great movement, impressive. Interesting to see what he can do with time, and i'd definitely try him ahead of Cody next time out.

Fleck: 7 - Good impact during the final push. Needs game time.

rob9872

Agree with most of those but don't think dickinson is that bad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy 6
Christie 6
Edge 6
Martin 5
Dickie 6
Jennings 5
Bailey 6
Moussa 7
Sheff 5
Baker 5
McDonald 4

Wilson 7.5
Fleck 7

Baginton

Murphy: 7 couple of oustanding saves again

Christie: 7 getting better, coiple of lovely crosses
Martin: 6 still think we need woody back
Edgenguele: 6 - did ok
Dickinson: 6 - did ok

Baker: 5- cant understand why people think he is so good, loses possesion cheaply several times every game , they counter attacked and scored from his dive in their box! so his goal only made up for his error, needs dropping for Bell
Jennings: 6 -played better then he has been
Bailey: 7 much improved , better distribution tonight
McSheffrey: 6 tries hard but really need replacing, moussa looked great out wide
Moussa: 8 very good effort out on the left wing, quality finishing, unlucky not to get the goal

McDonald: 6- did ok, nothing great,

Subs:

Wilson: 7 - Lovley finish
Fleck: 7 - looked lively

we showed a bit of the olf fighting spirit tonight, good to see, but too little too late play off wise, should have won tonight to get really close to the pack. should have been 3up early on.

CCFC_Charlie

Baker: 5- cant understand why people think he is so good, loses possesion cheaply several times every game , they counter attacked and scored from his dive in their box! so his goal only made up for his error, needs dropping for Bell

You want to drop our top goalscorer and assister?

Otis

Baker was a bit hit and miss, but he scored and that was a fantastic ball through to McDonald where McDonald should have scored.

That would have been a goal and an assist.

You can't drop him. CWR said that is now 14 goals he's got. If you drop him then we have lost our two top goalscorers.

stupot07

Baker was a bit hit and miss, but he scored and that was a fantastic ball through to McDonald where McDonald should have scored.

That would have been a goal and an assist.

You can't drop him. CWR said that is now 14 goals he's got. If you drop him then we have lost our two top goalscorers.

That through ball to McDonald was from mcsheffrey not baker.

Apart from the superb freekick baker did absolutely nothing.

speedie87

Murphy 6 little to do
Dickson 6 lots of heart bit little quality
Martin 4 good in the area, missed a great chance, too slow can't pass, dithers, and as for that shot..
Edge 6 normal edge
Christie 6 normal christie
Jennings 5
Bailey 4 get in the opposition box more man
Moussa 6
Macca 4
Baker 6 would have been much lower if not for the goal. lost the ball so many times first half
Mcdonald - 5 he can't say he didn't have the chances first half, he's just not very good

Wilson 8 great goal son
Fleck 7

Steve.B50

I must be watching a different game, Baker is the hardest working player we have, he does give ball away cheaply but always tries to get it back.
He would be my first or second name on team sheet every week.

Mucca Mad Boys

I must be watching a different game, Baker is the hardest working player we have, he does give ball away cheaply but always tries to get it back.
He would be my first or second name on team sheet every week.

Agreed, when he lost a couple of times last night, he won it back anyway.

McSheffrey on the other hand...

stupot07

Murphy 7
Christie 6
Martin 6
Edge 6
Dickinson 5
Jennings 5
Bailey 6
Moussa 6
Baker 6 - additional point for the goal
Macca 5
Cody 5

Subs
Wilson 8
Fleck 6

Murphy 7 Not much to do but did it well. Unlucky with the 2 goals. Theres only so much a keeper can do. He needs help from his defence
Cyrus 7 Pushed up well but had no help from Baker. Tried really hard and deserved some help
Martin 4 Very poor positioning, failed to make the challenges when needed. Sooner Woody gets back the better
Edje 6 Good aerial presence. Needs to up his game tho
Dicko 7 I think he pushe dup well and made some greta moves towards the end. One of his better games
Baker 5 Yes he scored, but he held back far too much, didnt help Cyrus when he needed him and wasnt greta going forward. His worst game IMO
Jenno 4 Sloppy, not atttacking enough, poor game overall. Even tho he's a holding midfielder, he needs t help the attack.
Bailey 3 Sloppy, Lazy, Not interested, just awful. GET HIM OUT!
Shefers 6 I dont think he was as bad as everyone thinks he was. He actually tried, unlike the rest of the midfield. He tried and failed but IMO, he was our bets starting midfielder except Moussa
Moussa 8 Poor decision to bring him off. Wilson and Moussa are too alike to play in the same team IMO, but Moussa should have stayed on and played on the right wing or something
Cody 6 He had a great chance in the first half, tried to get involved but the ball wasnt getting near him. If he had a better midfield he could have done better

Subs:
Fleck 7 Changed the game. Good communication with Wilson, telling the kid where to go and how to play the balls really helped. They linked up well and Fleck did great on his own too
Wilson 8 Great movement and positioning, always gave 110% and went for every ball. Jenno and Bailey could learn from this kid. Not ready for a start yet but he's a greta prospect

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread