Hamer 6
Ohare 7
Biamou 6 got to score first half
Walker 6 not in it

Dabo 6
Gyo 4
James 5
Sheaf 4
Was it really shocking by Wilson? I mean I’ve only seen one replay but looked like their player pushed our defenders in to him.

higgs

We should of kept camp we could of done with someone with championship experience for the run in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

Wilson 3 shocking for the goal cost us game
Dacosta 6
Ostigard 6 not his best game
Mcfadzean 6 same
Hyam 5 looks like accident waiting to happen
McCallum 7
Kelly 6
Hamer 6
Ohare 7
Biamou 6 got to score first half
Walker 6 not in it

Dabo 6
Gyo 4
James 5
Sheaf 4
Please post what you think Wilson should have done differently??

steve101

Deserving of a draw but disappointed with lack of ideas when a goal down. We made them look very ordinary.

Wilson 5 (not much to do but he has to make it his ball when the cross was so close to him)
Dacosta 6 (didn't seem very controlled, often getting the wrong side)
McCallum 8 (motm. there were a couple of sloppy passes in there but otherwise looked strong and got forward well. Brave in the tackle and in the air)
Ostigard 6 (won some great headers but his passing was unusually wayward)
McFadzean 8 (didn't do much wrong. Gave them very little)
Hyam 6 (surely he has played that position long enough to be able to tackle with his left foot. Twice he tackled with right instead, once leaving him on his back with the player gone)
Kelly 6 (did his usual defensive side well and nice run for Biamou chance but his passing wasn't as accurate as normal)
Hamer 5 (gets 'sold' far too easily which takes him out of the game. His 360 spinning tackle which he tries most games irritates me - it never comes off and looks like he is ducking out)
O'Hare 6 (started brightly but pretty ineffective, especially 2nd half)
Walker 5 (didn't get much service but what he did get didn't stick. Injury time effort needed to hit the target. That's what he was kept on for)
Biamou 6 (along with McCallum he looked the most likely to create something. Some deft flicks and good pressing but should have hit the target after Kelly cross)

Dabo 6 (some good footwork looked like opening the them up at times and one decent cross but wasn't able to get forward enough)
James 6 (has he been affected by Kelly starting in his place? Didn't add the intensity that was needed. Use of ball wasn't great up until his free-kick and pass onto Ostigard's head for Walker chance)
Gyokeres 5 (wasn't able to affect the game. Sloppy pass given away when he had a chance to take a touch and get a shot away)
Sheaf 5 (showed some nice control on occasions but twice during his cameo he was slow on the ball getting city into trouble)
Bakayoka 6 (looked hungry. Showed decent movement. In hindsight he could have come on sooner)

Adge

Wilson 5 Arguably should have done better for the goal.

DaCosta 6 Generally ok till he departed.

McCallum 6 Final ball let him down.

McFadzean 6 Should have scored at the end but solid enough. Unfortunately was involved in the goal in a small capacity.

Hyam 5 Still running in treacle and doesn’t fill us with confidence in recent times.

Ostigard 6 Reasonable.

Kelly 6 Didn’t stamp his authority as much as in the last game against Brentford.

Hamer 5 Championship hustle and bustle has maybe caught up with him recently.

O’Hare 7 Good 1st half but faded badly in the 2nd-ran out of steam but our best player on the night.

Biamou 6 A broken record-needs to hit the target but olayed ok.

Walker 6 Snatched at a chance in the last minute when he probably had a bit more time than he realised.

Subs-

Dabs 6 Really involved when he came on and trying his best to get forward.

James 5

Sheaf 4

Baka 4

Robins 7 Again got a tune out of his team who were obviously 2nd best in terms of quality. Used his substitutes early enough but unfortunately we know where the old problems lie.

TTG

We should of kept camp we could of done with someone with championship experience for the run in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jesus Christ

larry_david

Deserving of a draw but disappointed with lack of ideas when a goal down. We made them look very ordinary.

Wilson 5 (not much to do but he has to make it his ball when the cross was so close to him)
Dacosta 6 (didn't seem very controlled, often getting the wrong side)
McCallum 8 (motm. there were a couple of sloppy passes in there but otherwise looked strong and got forward well. Brave in the tackle and in the air)
Ostigard 6 (won some great headers but his passing was unusually wayward)
McFadzean 8 (didn't do much wrong. Gave them very little)
Hyam 6 (surely he has played that position long enough to be able to tackle with his left foot. Twice he tackled with right instead, once leaving him on his back with the player gone)
Kelly 6 (did his usual defensive side well and nice run for Biamou chance but his passing wasn't as accurate as normal)
Hamer 5 (gets 'sold' far too easily which takes him out of the game. His 360 spinning tackle which he tries most games irritates me - it never comes off and looks like he is ducking out)
O'Hare 6 (started brightly but pretty ineffective, especially 2nd half)
Walker 5 (didn't get much service but what he did get didn't stick. Injury time effort needed to hit the target. That's what he was kept on for)
Biamou 6 (along with McCallum he looked the most likely to create something. Some deft flicks and good pressing but should have hit the target after Kelly cross)

Dabo 6 (some good footwork looked like opening the them up at times and one decent cross but wasn't able to get forward enough)
James 6 (has he been affected by Kelly starting in his place? Didn't add the intensity that was needed. Use of ball wasn't great up until his free-kick and pass onto Ostigard's head for Walker chance)
Gyokeres 5 (wasn't able to affect the game. Sloppy pass given away when he had a chance to take a touch and get a shot away)
Sheaf 5 (showed some nice control on occasions but twice during his cameo he was slow on the ball getting city into trouble)
Bakayoka 6 (looked hungry. Showed decent movement. In hindsight he could have come on sooner)
Wondered if anyone else is getting wound up with Hamers weird tackling method. He sorted jumps on the ball two footed and I don't think I've seen it work yet

Calista

6s for most players. If we'd have put in a late goal there would be 8s flying around everywhere talking about how the players showed such fight and composure. These ratings are massively affected by the result and people's favourites.
Yes, all the games recently have swung on just one or two incidents at either end. Mostly we shoot ourselves in the foot with a couple of individual mistakes in defence, and miss some good chances. Against Brentford those kind of things things went our way, and suddenly everyone in the team was worth an extra 3 marks.

mrtrench

Please post what you think Wilson should have done differently??

Just watched it back about 10 times. I cannot see a foul, just lots of people going for the ball. Wilson couldn't fully get to it but he seems to try and catch and maybe he could have punched. Either that or he should momentarily change all the atoms in his body and ghost through the other players.

EDIT: Didn't realise there were more angles. I don't think he'd have got there anyway as McFadz falls into him but their No 5 sticks his leg out to box him in. Doesn't make contact though. A clever corner.

coop

We should of dealt with the goal there player never even jumped to score. I think a bit of pushing and pulling by them caught us out.

Frostie

Just watched it back about 10 times. I cannot see a foul, just lots of people going for the ball. Wilson couldn't fully get to it but he seems to try and catch and maybe he could have punched. Either that or he should momentarily change all the atoms in his body and ghost through the other players.

EDIT: Didn't realise there were more angles. I don't think he'd have got there anyway as McFadz falls into him but their No 5 sticks his leg out to box him in. Doesn't make contact though. A clever corner.

This. It's a really difficult tactic to defend against but we need to do better as a team, too easy to blame the goalkeeper there when he's massively limited by the bodies in front of him.

shmmeee

I was wondering if some of our players are used to Marosi who tends not to come for crosses, then I remembered that we did it to Marosi the other week too (get in his way).

Users who are viewing this thread