Ratings v Stoke (1 Viewer)

steve101

Couldn't have dreamt of being on 51 points with 3 games to play. Great mental strength.

Wilson 8 (motm. Two quick reaction saves that came at crucial times. Handling and decision making was good)
Dacosta 6 (some great first time passes / crosses but frequently exposed at the back)
McCallum 7 (lots of good tackles but delivery going forward was disappointing. We will miss his long throws when he goes back)
Ostigard 8 (solid as usual. Great headed assist for Biamou goal)
McFadzean 8 (another defensively solid game at the heart)
Hyam 7 (good first half but then struggled against Fletcher in 2nd. However made a crucial clearance in dying minutes)
Kelly 7 (great defending which led to his injury. So unfortunate)
Hamer 6 (shooting was off and overplaying gave them a goal. However beautiful clipped pass for Walker volleyed chance)
O'Hare 8 (great work rate as usual and did really well with assist to Walker. Looked tired last 10. Thought Allen should have come on then)
Walker 7 (took his goal well, very composed. Looked lacking energy. Noticed him using an inhaler before second half - asthmatic or post-COVID?)
Godden 7 (held ball up well and won fair share of headers. Touch to O'Hare before his assist for Walker was quality)

James 7 (started really well after coming on with some great touches and passing but then had a period second half when he kept losing the ball. Improved again towards the end)
Gyokeres 7 (good work rate and great finish for winning goal)
Biamou 6 (good positioning for his goal. Should have notched a second)
Eccles 7 (composed passing which was needed)

Last edited:

stupot07

Wilson 8.5 MOTM
Da Costa 7
Osti 8
McFadzean 8
Hyam 7
McCallum 7
Kelly 7
Hamer 6
O'Hare 8
Walker 7
Godden 7

Subs
James 8
Gyrokeres 7
Biamou 7
Eccles 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Wilson 8.5 MOTM
Da Costa 7
Osti 8
McFadzean 8
Hyam 7
McCallum 7
Kelly 7
Hamer 6
O'Hare 8
Walker 7
Godden 7

Subs
James 8
Gyrokeres 7
Biamou 7
Eccles 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thought Eccles was more than a 6. Looks like he’s got a decent football brain on him, glad we’ve managed to give him some first team minutes and I reckon he can develop into a decent player.

Harry_Walker

Thought Eccles was more than a 6. Looks like he’s got a decent football brain on him, glad we’ve managed to give him some first team minutes and I reckon he can develop into a decent player.

Was his man that was allowed a free 30 years waltz into the box to score their second so that puts him down a mark or two for me but other than been thoroughly impressed since he came into the side

Harry_Walker

Wilson 8- two top class saves which were the difference at the end of the day
Osti Fadz Hyam 7- all solid and the thought they dealt with Fletcher really well as he has the ability to be a tricky opponent
Dacosta 6- didn’t do anything poor but think his defensive awareness and positioning is very poor and does leave us caught out on that side at times
McCallum 7- come on leaps and bounds the last few weeks and continued his good performances with another one today
Kelly 7- solid. The catalyst in our rise these past 4 years alongside Robins
Hamer 6- continued to be lacklustre compared to start of the season and was at fault for goal number 1
O’Hare 7- gone from wig wearing merchant to one of the players of the season. His defensive work from the ‘10’ position is nothing short of top class
Walker 7- typical Walker game with a great finish for his goal
Godden 6- didn’t add much today but feel the way we play doesn’t best suit his natural poacher instincts in this division

James 7- an experienced performance which helped us dictate the game at the most important times. Got to be a priority signing alongside Leo
Biamou Gyokeres 7- both but themselves about well and grabbed important goals each
Eccles 6- lost his man for goal number 2 but other than that a cool, calm and collected shift in the centre of the park against a very physical midfield

JimmyHillsbeard

Couldn't have dreamt of being on 51 points with 3 games to play. Great mental strength.

Wilson 8 (motm. Two quick reaction saves that came at crucial times. Handling and decision making was good)
Dacosta 6 (some great first time passes / crosses but frequently exposed at the back)
McCallum 7 (lots of good tackles but delivery going forward was disappointing. We will miss his long throws when he goes back)
Ostigard 8 (solid as usual. Great headed assist for Biamou goal)
McFadzean 8 (another defensively solid game at the heart)
Hyam 7 (good first half but then struggled against Fletcher in 2nd. However made a crucial clearance in dying minutes)
Kelly 7 (great defending which led to his injury. So unfortunate)
Hamer 6 (shooting was off and overplaying gave them a goal. However beautiful clipped pass for Walker volleyed chance)
O'Hare 8 (great work rate as usual and did really well with assist to Walker. Looked tired last 10. Thought Allen should have come on then)
Walker 7 (took his goal well, very composed. Looked lacking energy. Noticed him using an inhaler before second half - asthmatic or post-COVID?)
Godden 7 (held ball up well and won fair share of headers. Touch to O'Hare before his assist for Walker was quality)

James 7 (started really well after coming on with some great touches and passing but then had a period second half when he kept losing the ball. Improved again towards the end)
Gyokeres 7 (good work rate and great finish for winning goal)
Biamou 6 (good positioning for his goal. Should have notched a second)
Eccles 7 (composed passing which was needed)

Godden had 11 touches of the ball in the 66 minutes he played tonight - the equal fewest of any player on the pitch , the same number as Kelly and the Stoke defender who also went off injured in the first half. They both completed more passes however. In the same amount of minutes on the pitch, Walker had 34 touches and 3 shots (vs none) 3 tackles (vs 0) and one goal. I’m not trying to have a go at Godden today tbf but how you can say he held up the ball well and won a fair share of headers whereas Walker looked “lacking energy” on those stats is beyond me.

steve101

Godden had 11 touches of the ball in the 66 minutes he played tonight - the equal fewest of any player on the pitch , the same number as Kelly and the Stoke defender who also went off injured in the first half. They both completed more passes however. In the same amount of minutes on the pitch, Walker had 34 touches and 3 shots (vs none) 3 tackles (vs 0) and one goal. I’m not trying to have a go at Godden today tbf but how you can say he held up the ball well and won a fair share of headers whereas Walker looked “lacking energy” on those stats is beyond me.
Fair comment and interesting stats. I am just commenting on how I saw it in the flow of the game. The stats didn't show off the ball work (indicator of energy) and competing for the ball. Even though Godden didn't always win headers, he was competing for them which prevented them from clearing the lines. This wasn't the case second half when Stoke were in control and hence the subs were made to good effect.

fatso

How has Wilson not got 9's?
And Gyrokres carries the ball half the length of the field, beats his man, holds of another, comes inside a third, looks up, and smashes the ball past the keeper into the far corner for the winner, and still only gets a 7 😱 I mean, what more do you want?
Godden was anonymous and gets a 7
Hamer gifts Stoke an equalizer and gets a 6
Come on guys, be realistic.

steve101

How has Wilson not got 9's?
And Gyrokres carries the ball half the length of the field, beats his man, holds of another, comes inside a third, looks up, and smashes the ball past the keeper into the far corner for the winner, and still only gets a 7 😱 I mean, what more do you want?
Godden was anonymous and gets a 7
Hamer gifts Stoke an equalizer and gets a 6
Come on guys, be realistic.
I agree that both Wilson and Gykores could have been scored higher, particularly Wilson. He wasn't troubled much but what he did do was very good. The Fletcher headed was good reactions and positioning but I would have been disappointed if he hadn't saved it as it was pretty much straight at him. The other save showed great athleticism and the way he managed to push it away from goal was impressive. Don't get me wrong it was a great save but it wasn't a bullet header so he had time to make it. Gyokeres did very well with his goal but the keeper really should have done better. Apart from that, he worked hard but didn't get much time for further input, hence why I didn't score him higher. I could though have scored him 8 and Wilson 9.

stevefloyd

I agree that both Wilson and Gykores could have been scored higher, particularly Wilson. He wasn't troubled much but what he did do was very good. The Fletcher headed was good reactions and positioning but I would have been disappointed if he hadn't saved it as it was pretty much straight at him. The other save showed great athleticism and the way he managed to push it away from goal was impressive. Don't get me wrong it was a great save but it wasn't a bullet header so he had time to make it. Gyokeres did very well with his goal but the keeper really should have done better. Apart from that, he worked hard but didn't get much time for further input, hence why I didn't score him higher. I could though have scored him 8 and Wilson 9.
Talk about not giving people credit

Frostie

Wilson 8.5 - Excellent, did everything right.

Back 3, all very good. Couple of times Hyam nearly got caught out but he's been much better since his return to the side.
Østigård 8
McFadz 8
Hyam 7

Wing-backs solid enough. McCallum obviously better defensively but there's some really good raw potential in Dacosta, particularly going forward.
McCallum 7.5
Dacosta 7

Kelly & James both very good. Hope Kelly's injury isn't too serious. Worrying he keeps picking them up although they always seem unrelated at least & last night's was obviously just a freak accident.
Kelly 7
James 7.5

Hamer 6 - Apart from his ridiculous mistake I thought he looked much more like his old self which was encouraging. If that had been certain other players though they'd be getting scores of 0 & 1 etc.

O'Hare 8, just brilliant & absolutely relentless. I'd hate us to have to play against him.

Walker 7.5 - Fantastic movement, better in the air than people realise too. Excellent finish & unlucky not to get a 2nd from Hamer's clever free-kick.

Godden 6 - Tried, worked hard but not really in the game.

Subs:
Gyökeres 8
Biamou 6
Eccles 6

Sky Blue Harry H

Walker 7.5 - Fantastic movement, better in the air than people realise too. Excellent finish & unlucky not to get a 2nd from Hamer's clever free-kick.

Have thought that too - wins a lot in the air against bigger opponents. Think his timing must be good, as he doesn't appear to have an osti type leap on him (but then who does?)

fatso

Wilson 8.5 - Excellent, did everything right.

Back 3, all very good. Couple of times Hyam nearly got caught out but he's been much better since his return to the side.
Østigård 8
McFadz 8
Hyam 7

Wing-backs solid enough. McCallum obviously better defensively but there's some really good raw potential in Dacosta, particularly going forward.
McCallum 7.5
Dacosta 7

Kelly & James both very good. Hope Kelly's injury isn't too serious. Worrying he keeps picking them up although they always seem unrelated at least & last night's was obviously just a freak accident.
Kelly 7
James 7.5

Hamer 6 - Apart from his ridiculous mistake I thought he looked much more like his old self which was encouraging. If that had been certain other players though they'd be getting scores of 0 & 1 etc.

O'Hare 8, just brilliant & absolutely relentless. I'd hate us to have to play against him.

Godden 6 - Tried, worked hard but not really in the game.

Subs:
Gyökeres 8
Biamou 6
Eccles 6
I'd agree with that.

Hertsccfc

I thought your scores were fair and this explanation too.

An 8 is a high score and 7 is pretty good for a substitute. Gyokeres did well for sure but really can you mark a substitute above 7 unless he is exceptional. Btw I thought the shot was deflected and not sure it was going in otherwise. In saying this I am not saying he didn't do well but I felt your 7 was about right.

speedie87

Wilson 9 save of season
McCallum 7 caught out a few times 2nd half, why didn’t we utilise his long throw all season tho
Hyam 7 caught out a few times 2nd half
Mcfadzean 8
Ostigard 8
Dacosta 6
Kelly 6
Hamer 6
Ohare 7
Walker 8 great movement
Godden 6

James 8

Users who are viewing this thread