Ratings v Notts County (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Murphy 7 - Did the basics well and made a couple of decent saves, also claimed quite a few crosses today. Couldn't do anything with either goal

Clarke 6 - Average again, time to give Christie a run

Cameron 7 - Strong performance again, needs help however when getting the ball off Murphy the midfield need to show for it more

Wood 7 - Great header/Poor mistake for County's 2nd, the less time on the ball the better for woody he needs to stick to doing his damage in both boxes

Reckord 7 - Standard performance, got forward well

Baker 6 - Good defensively but in the end another underwhelming performance hence why he got subbed

Moussa 6 - He says he is a central midfielder but cannot help but think he'd be better on the wing. A busy performance without majorly effecting the game

Bailey 7 - Like Reckord a standard performance

Fleck 7 - Finally we have a midfielder who can play between the lines and pick out a pass.

DMC 7 - quiet by his standards but still wants the ball and makes things happen, nearly scored a wonder goal only for the ref to intervene.

Ball 7 - Getting better with every game, how he
didn't score in the first half I'll never know

Subs

Cody 6 - Didn't get a sniff until the end, badly needs game time

Jennings 6 - average, played his part in County's second by letting the ball roll past him

Hussey 6 - looks back to his old self taking on his man and whipping balls in

Observations

For 35 or so minutes we played our best football I've seen this season without taking our chances, the goal rocked us and for 25 mins of the second half we were poor. Shameful defending for the second. A point would of been fair, however if Notts County are one of the best teams this league offers then I have faith in Robins getting us up the table

shy_tall_knight

the whole team were very slow to react to the second ball, so many times we failed to get the ball even when we were favourites.

bailey clarke were both poor Baker has had his 2 good games for the season waste of space.
Fleck was wasteful shooting from distance and poor free kicks
why was DMG so deep when we are chasing a game.

wingy

Murphy 7 - Did the basics well and made a couple of decent saves, also claimed quite a few crosses today. Couldn't do anything with either goal

Clarke 6 - Average again, time to give Christie a run

Cameron 7 - Strong performance again, needs help however when getting the ball off Murphy the midfield need to show for it more

Wood 7 - Great header/Poor mistake for County's 2nd, the less time on the ball the better for woody he needs to stick to doing his damage in both boxes

Reckord 7 - Standard performance, got forward well

Baker 6 - Good defensively but in the end another underwhelming performance hence why he got subbed

Moussa 6 - He says he is a central midfielder but cannot help but think he'd be better on the wing. A busy performance without majorly effecting the game

Bailey 7 - Like Reckord a standard performance

Fleck 7 - Finally we have a midfielder who can play between the lines and pick out a pass.

DMC 7 - quiet by his standards but still wants the ball and makes things happen, nearly scored a wonder goal only for the ref to intervene.

Ball 7 - Getting better with every game, how he
didn't score in the first half I'll never know

Subs

Cody 6 - Didn't get a sniff until the end, badly needs game time

Jennings 6 - average, played his part in County's second by letting the ball roll past him

Hussey 6 - looks back to his old self taking on his man and whipping balls in

Observations

For 35 or so minutes we played our best football I've seen this season without taking our chances, the goal rocked us and for 25 mins of the second half we were poor. Shameful defending for the second. A point would of been fair, however if Notts County are one of the best teams this league offers then I have faith in Robins getting us up the table

Agree entirely with your assessment but would reverse Bailey/Jennings marks felt bailey gave the ball away with regular profligacy while jennings came on and every pass went to feet and was weighted for the player to accept on the /and /move

Otis

Far to many 7's there in a below par performance.

Maybe one or two players deserve a 7 and no-one else.

covcity4life

Murphy 6 shuda saved first shot IMO

Reckord 6 didn't do much of note

ClArke 5 no place for a hobbit in league one

Wood 6 good goal but still looks liability with the ball

Cameron 6 not the beast he can be today

Bailey 6 great pass for balls open goal chance but overall less influential than he can be

Mousa 5 shit game, never made the right pass at the right time

Baker 4 nothing came off, hes not an athlete

Flwck 7 only player who looked Luke he could do something

Ball 6 worked hard

Mcgoldrick 6 just not his day

Overall dissapointing performance

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy - 6 - Good save in the first half, thought he may have been out of position for the first goal will have to see the replay
Clarke - 5 - Seems to have gone backwards from last season
Wood - 7 - Coming back into some form
Cameron - 6 - Very strong but his distribution is poor
Reckord - 5 - Seemed out of position constantly today, the amount of times I counted Fleck or another player covering for him was too many
Moussa -6- Think he is wasteful in possession often but at least he tries to go forward an make things happen
Baker -5- His poorest performance for a while, had the effort but I don't recall him doing anything from an attacking point
Fleck -6- Should have scored 2 goals, some good passes mixed in with some bad touches. His biggest quality for me is his crossing ability
Bailey -6- decent holding player, not going to do anything spectacular but is pretty consistent. Wouldn't mind seeing him at RB as I think he has played there before
Mcgoldrick -6- Barely got a chance at goal today, sometimes too greedy in possession
Ball -6- Should have scored

Should have went in at HT in the lead, got caught out by a long shot and missed 3 or 4 really good chances. Terrible second half, though Notts were pretty poor. Sheffield, Stevanage and MK Dons were all better than them at the Ricoh. Don't think they will keep up with the pace at the top

As for where this leaves us, I think with 2 away fixtures coming up after todays loss I would be pleased with 3 points from 2 away games but now think we may only get 1

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Murphy 6.5
Clarke 5
Cameron 5
Wood 6 (too much back-passing!)
Reckord 5

Baker 5 (worst performance this season)
Moussa 5 (very small football brain)
Bailey 5
Fleck 6

Mcgoldrick 5
Ball 5

Cody and Jennings both looked OK when they came on.

Baginton

Murphy 6 needs to make sure people are on for the short pass
Clarke 6 had a good player to mark so hard to bad mouth him
Cameron 5 very poor game
Wood 6 played well
Reckord 6 nice to see him pushing forward

Baker 5 bad day at the office
Moussa 5 another under par performance
Bailey 6 played well, good distribution
Fleck 6 good to see him improving

Mcgoldrick 6 faded second half
Ball 6 put in a ok shift, shame he couldnt get his foot to that ball across the goal first half

Cody 6
Jennings 7 spreaded the ball about well
Hussey not on long enough for a mark, when did he sneak on, missed it, great run forward.

we ran out of ideas and looked very narrow second half

skybluegod

murphy-6.5 - quite annoying at times passing it continually between cameron wood and himself but made a good save in the second half and came for the crosses he needed to
clarke-7- decent today but with a poor midfield couldn't do much was tested defensibly today and coped well
cameron-6-alright today didn't do much but ran after the players when they beat reckord a couple slip ups but everyone had them today
wood-7-motm today solid defensivly and took goal well but a few slip ups as well today
reckord-5-didn't impress me today didn't look good defensivly or good going forward maybe just a bad game.
bailey-5-didn't do much did well for first 10 mins then he didn't do much for the rest of the game
moussa-4-didn't do much today poor first touch and passing maybe just a bad game for him as well.
baker-5- had good and bad moments mostly bad though was poor passing and couldn't beat his man today.
fleck-6-good corner for the goal, but a few bad corners before that and poor crossing as well could have scored early on as well.
ball-4- should have scored in first half, didn't win much in the air and maybe should have been took off
mcgoldrick-5- not bad today but couldn't get into game today as the midfield were so poor he had to drop deep to try and regain possession. ref stopped him getting a goal by giving a stupid free kick when he was about to shoot which he would have most likely scored.

hussey-5 not bad when he came on but couldn't do much.
cody-5- gave the defense problems and could "scored but their goalie went down and it wasn't given needs to start he has got a threat about him. only once he came on did we go for it.
jennings-5- not bad but didn't do much he made a tiny but of diffrence late on but not much

overall-5- midfield was awful nobody in there who can pass the ball well enough to open up the play and they don't run with it, defenders made a few mistakes, and forwards didn't take chances hat they got. poor game overall

VisitingPie

Not sure that was our usual performance today. We've got both fullbacks out, judge injured liddle had to go rb because there was no one else, it was Easthams first game for us. I think one of the signs of a good squad is when you can play sub par with lots of injuries and still win. Our commentator said that you certainly don't play like a bottom four team. I'm sure you'll start picking up more wins soon.

skybluegod

Not sure that was our usual performance today. We've got both fullbacks out, judge injured liddle had to go rb because there was no one else, it was Easthams first game for us. I think one of the signs of a good squad is when you can play sub par with lots of injuries and still win. Our commentator said that you certainly don't play like a bottom four team. I'm sure you'll start picking up more wins soon.

out of sorts from our team as well we had no conviction today if we had been up to it and our midfield had made more options and passed well you would have lost but that didn't happen

mr_notts_county

Really?

Sorry but with several key players injured, we still battled to victory. With those players missing, a few playing with injuries, and some playing out of position, the performance will not bother County fans. The fact that we can still grind out results is more than encouraging.

Otis

Always had a soft spot for Notts County (cept for when they play us and not too happy at all about the Lee Hughes situation of course), but besides that, I always want them to do well.

My family has been traced back to Nottingham, 1066. Had a relative who was the Lord Mayor of Nottingham and my distant relatives there all support County.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread