Ratings v Huddersfield (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

Who wants to start us off?

Northants Sky Blue

Wilson N/A - nothing to do
Panzo-5 - he wont wanna see that 1st half back
Doyle-6
McNally-8 - vital early interception taking the ball off the strikers head and bossed it from there
Cuffy-6
Bidwell-7
Sheaf-7
Gus-9 - decided after 10 mins to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us on
Allen-6 - for the pressing game we play he's a cog we need when Ohares not available
Palmer-7 glad he scored but wheres the engine?
Vik-8 - our talisman. Vital

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think we looked very good until our second goal, then we mullered them for the last 15 minutes or so. It's easy to throw out high scores when we've won but I think Huddersfield being so poor made it a lot easier today. As others have said, if it wasn't from a moment of sheer class from Hamer to get us going, it probably ends 0-0.

McNally was definitely a stand out for me. Hamer was good as well. Didn't think BNC, Panzo, Allen, or Palmer were very good (glad that he scored though). Sheaf was meh.

Either way, most important thing today was winning at any cost. We did that, and we have a couple of players back from injury. Looking forward to having Godden in the team full time as I think he adds something we need.

shmmeee

I don't think we looked very good until our second goal, then we mullered them for the last 15 minutes or so. It's easy to throw out high scores when we've won but I think Huddersfield being so poor made it a lot easier today. As others have said, if it wasn't from a moment of sheer class from Hamer to get us going, it probably ends 0-0.

McNally was definitely a stand out for me. Hamer was good as well. Didn't think BNC, Panzo, Allen, or Palmer were very good (glad that he scored though). Sheaf was meh.

Either way, most important thing today was winning at any cost. We did that, and we have a couple of players back from injury. Looking forward to having Godden in the team full time as I think he adds something we need.

Not sure about that. We were well in control all game against a team that flooded the midfield and hoped for a draw.

Covkid1968#

Panzo gave away some balls today ….could’ve have cost us

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure about that. We were well in control all game against a team that flooded the midfield and hoped for a draw.

Yeah, which says more about them. They did absolutely nothing and gave us a free hit, which we did our best not to take.

I'm very pleased with the result, but the numbers are glossing over it. We weren't very good.

shmmeee

Yeah, which says more about them. They did absolutely nothing and gave us a free hit, which we did our best not to take.

I'm very pleased with the result, but the numbers are glossing over it. We weren't very good.

Were on a god awful run. Any win is a good win and you could see once it was basically won the weight off the players shoulders. Add Fadz Rose and Dabo into that squad and look at our games over the next couple of months and things are looking pretty rosey IMO.

Calista

Wilson 7 – not much to do, but did it right
McNally 8 – made a big difference in the air and looks ideal. Hope we can sign him up.
Doyle 7 – can only remember one error
Panzo 5 – his worst game for us I think, but did well to stay on the pitch after such an early yellow
Norton-Cuffy 6 – competent enough
Bidwell 6 – the usual steady performance, wish he could whip a cross
Sheaf 6 – a few more misplaced passes than normal
Hamer 8 – extra point for the goal
Allen 6 – does what the manager asks him to do
Palmer 7 – will never be as involved as O’Hare, but I just love his quality
Gyokeres 8 – would be so hard to replace

Greggs

Wilson 7
McNally 8 MOTM
Doyle 7
Panzo 6
BNC 6
Hamer 8
Sheaf 8
Bidwell 7
Palmer 7
Allen 6
Gyokeres 8

Godden 6
Eccles 6

The Philosopher

Wilson 8

Clean sheet and can’t remember him doing anything wrong. Couple of good saves, good positioning so an 8

Doyle 6

Some good play, some bad. Clean sheet but wasn’t really put under pressure.

McNally 8

Great debut. Some vital interventions and the defence was by far the better with him in it. Mature even though only 23.

Panzo 4

Dreadful. Kept giving the ball away and lucky to stay on the pitch. Not sure what was going on in his head today.

Not on-Coffee 5

Should have been. Just looks a bit awkward to me and apart from one decent run offered no real outlet and was generally overrun. I’m not sure if he’s the answer. Slow to get back onside.

Bidwell 7

Did well did Bidwell. Grown up performance overall and generally solid.

Sheaf 7

Alright. Didn’t give the ball away and did his job.

Hamer 9

He’s special. His tackling and interceptions were good. Passing good and gets a plus 1 for the goal. MOTM.

Palmer 8

Good. Plus one for the goal. Getting better all the time.

Allen 6

Better off the ball than with it.

Vik 8

Who said he’s greedy? Clueless. He and Hamer are different class.

Subs

Godden 7.

Good run and cross. Looked in shape.

Others - didn’t do much.

WestEndAgro

Wilson 7 very solid, distribution excellent.
Bidwell 7 Steady Eddie.
Doyle 7 calm and composed.
Norton Cuffy 6.5 fairly quiet, but a couple of reasonable balls into the box.
The lad from Vincent Kompany's Burnley 8 sign him up.
Panzo 6 Defended ok, but in possession gave it away time and time again.
Sheaf 7. 5 love the guy the new "Michael Carrick".
Hamer 8 brilliantly taken goal and lot's of good fouls to break up the game.
Palmer 7. 5 Did ok, right place for the goal, was about to be hooked just before his goal.
Kelly 6.5 bang average.
Vik 8.5 two assists and classic forward play, irreplaceable like for like.
Godden 7 lively, took his chance well, but good save.
Eccles 7 good little cameo.
Maccuire (deliberate typo) N/A.

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Wilson 7 very solid, distribution excellent.
Bidwell 7 Steady Eddie.
Doyle 7 calm and composed.
Norton Cuffy 7 fairly quiet, but a couple of reasonable balls into the box.
The lad from Vincent Kompany's Burnley 8 sign him up.
Panzo 6 Defended ok, but in possession gave it away time and time again.
Sheaf 7. 5 love the guy the new "Michael Carrick".
Hamer 8 brilliantly taken goal and lot's of good fouls to break up the game.
Palmer 7. 5 Did ok, right place for the goal, was about to be hooked just before his goal.
Kelly 6.5 bang average.
Vik 8.5 two assists and classic forward play, irreplaceable like for like.
Godden 7 lively, took his chance well, but good save.
Eccles 7 good little cameo.
Maccuire (deliberate typo) N/A.
Kelly?

stupot07

Wilson 7
McNally 7
Doyle 6
Panzo 5
Norton-Cuffy 5
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 7
Hamer 7
Palmer 6
Allen 6
Gyokeres 8 (motm)

Subs
Eccles 6
Godden 6
Maguire n/a

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

speedie87

Wilson 6 not a lot to do
Norton Duffy 6 doesn’t inspire much confidence , couple of ok crosses, needs to play 5 yards higher up pitch
McNally 8 great debut , looks decent
Doyle 8 back to his best
Panzo 5 had nightmare first half and last 10 mins
Bidwell 7 solid as ever , does a lot of good defending off the ball that prob goes unnoticed such as blocking runners off throwins and goal kicks
Sheaf 7
Hamer 8
Allen 7 lots of energy lack of quality
Palmer 7 plus 1 for goal
Gyo 7 some good hold up play today , very isolated at times

Greggs

Wilson 8

Clean sheet and can’t remember him doing anything wrong. Couple of good saves, good positioning so an 8

Doyle 6

Some good play, some bad. Clean sheet but wasn’t really put under pressure.

McNally 8

Great debut. Some vital interventions and the defence was by far the better with him in it. Mature even though only 23.

Panzo 4

Dreadful. Kept giving the ball away and lucky to stay on the pitch. Not sure what was going on in his head today.

Not on-Coffee 5

Should have been. Just looks a bit awkward to me and apart from one decent run offered no real outlet and was generally overrun. I’m not sure if he’s the answer. Slow to get back onside.

Bidwell 7

Did well did Bidwell. Grown up performance overall and generally solid.

Sheaf 7

Alright. Didn’t give the ball away and did his job.

Hamer 9

He’s special. His tackling and interceptions were good. Passing good and gets a plus 1 for the goal. MOTM.

Palmer 8

Good. Plus one for the goal. Getting better all the time.

Allen 6

Better off the ball than with it.

Vik 8

Who said he’s greedy? Clueless. He and Hamer are different class.

Subs

Godden 7.

Good run and cross. Looked in shape.

Others - didn’t do much.
Not on Coffee hahahahahahaha. You win

Blind-Faith

Wilson 8
McNally 8
Doyle 7
Panzo 5
BNC 6
Hamer 8
Sheaf 9
Bidwell 7
Palmer 7.5
Allen 7
Gyokeres 8

Godden 7
Eccles 6

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wilson - 7 didn’t have a lot to do but made one good save

RNC - 6 pretty average. Less frustrating than Dabo of late but not much better. Disappointing two performances since a good debut at Burnley

McNally - 8 very good. Will be vital in both boxes. A very composed debut

Doyle - 7 very comfortable on the ball, defensively did well. Tries the Hollywood (Hamer) ball too often

Panzo - 5 horrendous first half, surprisingly really good from 45 - about 80 then some great interceptions followed by some of the worst passing you’ve ever seen. All over the shop.

Bidwell - 6 not at his best but still solid enough

Hamer - 8 really good. Tenacious, helped cover Panzo on one on ones when he was booked so he didn’t need to dive in. A great goal. When he’s good, he’s very very good

Sheaf - 7 gave it away more often than usual especially early doors where he put Allen in the shit twice. Grew into the game and his standard

Allen - 5 offered absolutely nothing. Surprised by even the 6’s in here, thought a 5 might be generous. Was a passenger.

Palmer - 8 deserved his goal and has a lot of quality. Was the only player looking to do anything in the first half.

Gyokeres - 7 better decision making than of late. Still overplayed one or two but we’d be lost without him. Did well for the palmer assist.

Subs - N/A not long enough to make an impact really bar Maguire who gets a 1 and isn’t good enough… etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

9 might be a bit strong , but he oozes class, breaks play up so well, makes us tick and when he actually plays with a touch of arrogance/aggression he is even better. Thought he was superb today

Grendel

9 might be a bit strong , but he oozes class, breaks play up so well, makes us tick and when he actually plays with a touch of arrogance/aggression he is even better. Thought he was superb today

he wasnt

Greggs

Sheaf 9? SBT must keep seeing a different player than me. Thought he was very average in the second half, and poor in the first.
disagree i'm afraid mate, midfield was impressive today and possibly the difference. We are always in with a chance of getting something if Sheaf and Hamer have good games.

Grendel

disagree i'm afraid mate, midfield was impressive today and possibly the difference. We are always in with a chance of getting something if Sheaf and Hamer have good games.

Sheaf wasnt great and you have to wonder if hamer leaves in the summer where the midfield drive will come from

Skybluefaz

I thought he was good too. Generally our midfield gets the better of teams in the division. Norwich and Burnley are obviously a different story. Sheaf and Hamer today were too good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread