Fleck - 6
Fortune - 8
Armstrong - 6

Subs

Cole - 3
Rose - 6
Tudgay - 6

SBAndy

RCC - 6 - didn't have a massive amount to do but did what he needed to well. Set the tempo for counter attacks. A few poor kicks in there.

Ricketts - 6 - again, not much to do really. Can't remember them attacking him at all.

Martin - 7 - physically dominant when he needed to be.

Stephens - 7 - great reading of the play to step in front of their striker receiving ball to feet numerous times.

Stokes - 6 - same as Ricketts. As they played a diamond there was no wide threat.

Fleck - 5 - all too often looking for the killer pass, and as he was more often than not the furthest midfielder back it was far too risky.

Vincelot - 6 - got about the pitch, quite scrappy but did ok.

Murphy - 7 - how he managed to keep control of the ball when dribbling on that pitch I'll never know. Overdue good performance.

Armstrong - 6 - not much to work with but decent overall.

Maddison - 5 - doesn't work from out wide, doesn't work on the shite pitch, not great but not a lot he could do about it.

Fortuné - 8 - MOTM by a distance. Fantastic display of hold up play, capped off with a goal.

Subs

Rose - 5 - wasted out wide. Would have preferred him in the middle and Fleck out on the left.

Cole - 5 - didn't really get into the game.

Tudgay - not long enough to warrant a score.

Kingokings204

RCC 6 - didn't have a lot to do but caught very well

Ricketts- 6 defended well but nothing special. Offers nothing attackingly

Martin -8 so glad he is back, mountain at the back for us yesterday

Stephens 8 again heart on the line and reads the game well. Great game

Stokes 7 very good yesterday and very unlucky with his injury which seems season over sadly.

Fleck 6 did ok, battled hard but silly errors sometimes

Vincelot 7 slightly better than fleck. What a warrior he is.

Murphy 7 much better yesterday after a shaky 20 minutes. Dribbled well and very quick in the counter.

Maddison 4 very poor lately and yesterday also. Bench next game I would suggest. Right wing wasn't his position to be fair to him.

Armstrong 7 worked his socks off to stand still at the end. No chances at goal.

Fortune 9 my MOTM and many others. Ran the show really. Not the worlds best player but put himself about and bullied them.

Paxman II

RCC 7 - Competent when called upon. Distribution good.

Ricketts- 7 Did his job well. Did exactly as required by TM. Often having words on the touchline and clearly not his job to get forward.

Martin - 9 Excellent. Won just about everything, looked very good.

Stephens 7.5 Alongside Martin fits well.

Stokes 6.5 Good though getting forward did not happen a lot.

Fleck 7 worked hard. Got forward more and splayed the passes around. Some errors but dug in and won midfield battle.

Vincelot 7 Does his job, some passing errors but gets in where it hurts and even times gets forward which contributed to the goal.

Murphy 7 In and out at times. Good then poor. Sub was correct. lacks vision for final ball, likes to take it on himself when easy option exist, can be frustrating as seen by TM

Maddison 6 better than people think. He's a threat winning free kicks and starting the attack. was not his best day but would not have subbed him.

Armstrong 6 Not his best day. Worked hard but failed to get in the box and expect the ball. Fortune's cross was a sitter had he made the run?

Fortune 9 Good game leading the line. Not so much a big man little man but just holding the ball up. Did it well and brought players in. Good feet and a danger. Sub because he was tired maybe?

Cole 5 Didn't get into the game. Think better to start than as an impact sub.

Rose 5 Did not offer anything and TM's sub s game plan backfired. had a free header but didn't connect well. Lacking match practice clearly.

Tudgay 5 Failed to have any impact. the 3 subs were to hold the lead but it actually failed to help us. better before subs by far. We lost some control after subs. TM clearly realized this.

Overall we only won 1 nil but seemed in no real danger and mostly in control. Lacked the killer punch that more confidence can bring. Expect that to happen now. At times football looked good until the stray pass. Strong at the back even though they won plenty of corners against us. Fortune deserves to start next game.

Houdi

Just grateful for a win,after what seems an eternity.A dreadful pitch affected the quality of play and we weren't anywhere near as fluent as at Shrewsbury.
RCC didn't have a lot to do, but caught well and his decision making was a lot better. Solid and competent just how you want your keeper to be.
Ricketts ok but nowhere near the player of early season, seems slow and hesitant and his passing at times is woeful.
Stokes solid as ever and will be a big miss.
Martin had an excellent game, commanding winning most headers, a welcome return.
Stephens again had a very good game, showed a real desire,and a very gritty performance.
Fleck like Vincelot both battled hard, on a tricky pitch their passing was generally ok, and they gave us a measure of control.
Murphy some good work interspersed with some shoddy play,seems to becoming back into a bit of form. On form he can be a match winner, we need a big end of season from him.
Maddison not at his best, although to be fair to him he is not a winger, but with us playing 2 up front, he has had to be shifted out wide.
Armstrong trying hard, but badly needs a goal, and missed a decent chance from a Murphy cross in the first half,
Fortune yet again our man of the match, simply unrecognisable from the 'donkey' of just a few weeks ago.
Cole came on and was pretty poor, one sliced clearance near the end was worthy of a parks footballer, not an ex England player.
Rose came on a did a decent job, a couple of promising raids down the right wing, perhaps not the final ball you wished for, hut his aerial threat and energy levels helped close out the game.
Tudgay battled hard and won one crucial header in our box, I feel he has not been given as many chances as he deserves.
A vital win,badly needed and keeps us still very much in the hunt. A huge away support clearly pushed our team on, and those supporters will be badly needed in what could prove a tense run in.

Paxman II

Just grateful for a win,after what seems an eternity.A dreadful pitch affected the quality of play and we weren't anywhere near as fluent as at Shrewsbury.
RCC didn't have a lot to do, but caught well and his decision making was a lot better. Solid and competent just how you want your keeper to be.
Ricketts ok but nowhere near the player of early season, seems slow and hesitant and his passing at times is woeful.
Stokes solid as ever and will be a big miss.
Martin had an excellent game, commanding winning most headers, a welcome return.
Stephens again had a very good game, showed a real desire,and a very gritty performance.
Fleck like Vincelot both battled hard, on a tricky pitch their passing was generally ok, and they gave us a measure of control.
Murphy some good work interspersed with some shoddy play,seems to becoming back into a bit of form. On form he can be a match winner, we need a big end of season from him.
Maddison not at his best, although to be fair to him he is not a winger, but with us playing 2 up front, he has had to be shifted out wide.
Armstrong trying hard, but badly needs a goal, and missed a decent chance from a Murphy cross in the first half,
Fortune yet again our man of the match, simply unrecognisable from the 'donkey' of just a few weeks ago.
Cole came on and was pretty poor, one sliced clearance near the end was worthy of a parks footballer, not an ex England player.
Rose came on a did a decent job, a couple of promising raids down the right wing, perhaps not the final ball you wished for, hut his aerial threat and energy levels helped close out the game.
Tudgay battled hard and won one crucial header in our box, I feel he has not been given as many chances as he deserves.
A vital win,badly needed and keeps us still very much in the hunt. A huge away support clearly pushed our team on, and those supporters will be badly needed in what could prove a tense run in.

That's exactly what I saw ;)

clint van damme

I'm normally quite optimistic and positive but I'm actually fairly pissed off after Saturday.

We created little against a poor team.

Thought TM got the subs all wrong apart from taking Maddison off. He should have left at least 1 of MAF or Murphy on.

And we almost contrived to drop 2 points right at the end.

Then again I don't normally do sambucas and Jagar bombs before a game so that may have affected my judgement.

Paxman II

I'm normally quite optimistic and positive but I'm actually fairly pissed off after Saturday.

We created little against a poor team.

Thought TM got the subs all wrong apart from taking Maddison off. He should have left at least 1 of MAF or Murphy on.

And we almost contrived to drop 2 points right at the end.

Then again I don't normally do sambucas and Jagar bombs before a game so that may have affected my judgement.

You are absolutely right. The drink definitely affected your judgement :}

Users who are viewing this thread