Dabo 5.5 he was better second half
Rose 0 his worst performance, looks like he don't give a fuck
McFadz 5 not great for the third
Doyle 6.5 best of the back 3
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 6 won a lot of tackles but lacked any options a lot of the time
Hamer 5.5 bad mistake for the goal but did keep trying to move us forward
Allen 5 ran around a lot but passing predictable and poorly executed
Palmer 4 miles off the pace and playing like it's a friendly, very very unconvincing
Walker 6.5 worked hard up front in difficult circumstances

Subs
Gyok 5.5 must score that chance but is otherwise playing for himself with his head down
Godden 4 not really involved
Tavares 5 looked lively but his execution is very poor
Panzo 4 looks very unconvincing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Wilson 4
Dabo 5
Rose 2
McFadz 5
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 6
Hamer 5
Allen 4
Palmer 3
Walker 6.5

Subs
Gyok 5
Godden 4
Tavares 4
Panzo 3

stupot07

Wilson 4
Dabo 5
Rose 2
McFadzean 5
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 5
Sheaf 6
Allen 4
Palmer 4
Walker 6

Subs
Godden 4
Gyokeres 5
Tavares 5
Panzo 2

No MOTM.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wilson 5 - Didn't do much right, but gets an average score as for once there wasn't any obvious howler.
Dabo 5 - Keep saying this, not at this level at all. No end product going forward, and liability at the back. Did actually make some good tackles in the second half though.
Rose 3 - Might as well not have been there. When he got megged I cringed.
McFadzean 5 - Good finish, shame it was disallowed. Defensively pretty slow.
Doyle 6 - At least put up a bit of fight. Will be starting for a while I expect.
Bidwell 6 - Ok.
Sheaf 6 - Thought he did some of the dirty work quite well, but still felt he was a bit missing at times.
Hamer 5 - Very missing. Fucked up for the first goal. Has so much ability, needs to get his head down and prove it. Pissing me off.
Allen 4 - I really want to like him, but he was just gash today.
Palmer 4 - Agree with FP. Miles off the pace. Such a bizarre signing, but because he is something new I think it is fooling some.
Walker 6 - Not a fan really, but thought he did ok today in what was a thankless task.

Subs:

Gyok 4 - Bottled a chance you would expect a Championship striker to score. Selfish at other times. Also pissed me off.
Godden 4 - Barely involved.
Tavares 5 - Didn't do much of note but at least tried to make something happen.
Panzo 4 - Unsurprisingly another signing that looks poor at the moment.

Robins 2 - Not sure what he was thinking with that team selection, but I said before the game the teamsheet looked like it might as well have been throwing the game, and it was. He seems to be throwing his toys out the pram and whilst I have a lot of sympathy he needs to get a grip and lead by example. That selection today was not an example of doing that. Gets an extra point for making a half-time substitution for the first time in infinity.

steve101

Wilson 6
Dabo 6
Rose 4
McFadzean 6
Doyle 7
Bidwell 7
Allen 5
Sheaf 8
Hamer 6
Palmer 5
Walker 6

Gyokeres 7
Godden 4
Tavares 6
Panzo 5

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson 6 had no chance with any of them
Dabo 5 couldn’t be arsed
Rose 4 really couldn’t be arsed
McF 6
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 5 looks deflated
Allen 5 May as well send an excited dog out to play
Hamer 5 Good assist for the opener
Palmer 6 just fecking shoot
Walker 6 did what he could

Subs
Gyo 4 looks massively out of sorts
Godden 5
Tavares 5
Panzo 4 looked hungover

SBA MOTM, the only ones who never stopped trying and outclassed the home side.

Grendel

I’m absolutely astounded to see the ratings palmer is getting

How people are giving palmer lower ratings than Jamie Allen I have no fucking idea

must’ve watched a different game

Didn’t see it today but he reminds me of a number 10 Bigi. Someone in his twenties with the fitness and movement of a 40 year old

PVA

How people are giving palmer lower ratings than Jamie Allen I have no fucking idea

Agreed. He wasn't great today but 2s and 3s is just ridiculous.

Think he'll be a decent player this season, particularly alongside O'Hare.

pusbccfc

Dabo getting 5s is a surprise. As someone has mentioned, he looks like below this level.

Hamer well below his previous level.

Palmer was better than many mentioning, I was baffled he took him off.

If Gyökeres has kicked off about leaving, he needs to start putting one on ones away. Misses way too many.

Sick Boy

Dabo getting 5s is a surprise. As someone has mentioned, he looks like below this level.

Hamer well below his previous level.

Palmer was better than many mentioning, I was baffled he took him off.

If Gyökeres has kicked off about leaving, he needs to start putting one on ones away. Misses way too many.
Yeah he’s good but he does miss his fair share of ‘east’ chances - some of the valuations being thrown about on here were wildly overestimated.

fernandopartridge

Clueless. Palmer trotted about the pitch, barely pressing. When he got the ball he was dispossessed more often than not. The balls he did play were mostly telegraphed. Just because he looks tidy doesn't mean he's any good or effective

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Agree with this, also surprised by no one pointing out that Sheaf was comfortably our MOTM. Thought he was superb in a very tough day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Clueless. Palmer trotted about the pitch, barely pressing. When he got the ball he was dispossessed more often than not. The balls he did play were mostly telegraphed. Just because he looks tidy doesn't mean he's any good or effective

Fair but then Allen wasn't necessarily better because he chased after shadows.

He was no worse for me than the others in midfield but still looked like he could do something more than the rest.

Unfortunately he's miles of O'Hare. We miss him massively.

rob9872

Sheaf motm bidwell and Doyle ok, rest pants. Rose and Allen waste of time.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If so I don’t see the justification, he was less bad than his midfield colleagues but that was it.

Nonsense. He was superb. You’re letting the scoreline get in the way. I hadn’t checked stats when I posted. 8 tackles, 4 interceptions, 9 of 11 duels won. He was head and shoulders above anyone else.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nonsense. He was superb. You’re letting the scoreline get in the way. I hadn’t checked stats when I posted. 8 tackles, 4 interceptions, 9 of 11 duels won. He was head and shoulders above anyone else.

Second half was a non event which is why I didn’t think he or anyone else stood out overall. The only glaring thing in my mind was a botched through ball intended for Dabo

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Second half was a non event which is why I didn’t think he or anyone else stood out overall. The only glaring thing in my mind was a botched through ball intended for Dabo

The one first half where Dabo couldn’t be arsed to move? If you’re blaming Sheaf for that, then I’m stumped.

torchomatic

Not been back long.

Rose was poor. Sheaf was poor. Hamer was poor. Doyle was ok. Birdwell was OK.

The rest were ordinary.

Two mistakes cost us. I didn't think Norwich were that impressive. They had a lot of the ball, but didn't do much with it most or the time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Agree to disagree

The whole Sheaf thing is weird and a bit of a cult. I'm still yet to be wowed by him to be honest, but I'm trying to look consciously at all the positives he does. I thought he was OK today. Then you come on here and as usual some people have him down as 'immense' etc. It stops me taking it seriously.

Brighton Sky Blue

The whole Sheaf thing is weird and a bit of a cult. I'm still yet to be wowed by him to be honest, but I'm trying to look consciously at all the positives he does. I thought he was OK today. Then you come on here and as usual some people have him down as 'immense' etc. It stops me taking it seriously.

I’ve rated Sheaf since he joined, and to be clear, I just said he didn’t stick out for me either way today. He does however look like someone balancing too many plates in midfield at the moment.

However Hamer again today should frankly be ashamed of his performance but the fans sang his name and he chuckled away so will probably think job well done.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’ve rated Sheaf since he joined, and to be clear, I just said he didn’t stick out for me either way today. He does however look like someone balancing too many plates in midfield at the moment.

However Hamer again today should frankly be ashamed of his performance but the fans sang his name and he chuckled away so will probably think job well done.

Oh I agree, Hamer is regressing every time I watch him it feels like. He was living in kenilworth previously and from the people I know there it seemed like he was on the piss a lot. Not sure how relevant that might be but I thought in preseason he was in the best shape I'd seen him in a while. His performances haven't reflected that whatsoever though.

My point on Sheaf is that I think he is fine, but when he plays well it's exaggerated. When he plays average he is 'immense'. When he plays badly he is still regarded as ok by this clan. I don't really get it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh I agree, Hamer is regressing every time I watch him it feels like. He was living in kenilworth previously and from the people I know there it seemed like he was on the piss a lot. Not sure how relevant that might be but I thought in preseason he was in the best shape I'd seen him in a while. His performances haven't reflected that whatsoever though.

My point on Sheaf is that I think he is fine, but when he plays well it's exaggerated. When he plays average he is 'immense'. When he plays badly he is still regarded as ok by this clan. I don't really get it.

He spent his suspension last season going down the Tavern. At least go along to the game anyway to show some support

andrew.roberts

I'm aware that we are all entitled to an opinion and I'm very much in the pro Sheaf camp. I see a very composed and effective footballer who is often let down by the lack of movement from his team mates. He tackles well, wins back more ball than probably anyone else in the side and at 24 will only get better.
And no, I am neither Mr. or Mrs. Sheaf, or in fact Ben himself...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

He's on the piss all the time. I get sent pictures from people with him in Samoan Joe's most weeks.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm aware that we are all entitled to an opinion and I'm very much in the pro Sheaf camp. I see a very composed and effective footballer who is often let down by the lack of movement from his team mates. He tackles well, wins back more ball than probably anyone else in the side and at 24 will only get better.
And no, I am neither Mr. or Mrs. Sheaf, or in fact Ben himself...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If people can’t see how good he was today, with every stat in the world to back it up. It’s pointless debating it. We lost 3-0, they’re all shit.

Users who are viewing this thread