Ratings - Norwich (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

from a usually sensible poster those comments are silly. To be honest I personally wouldn't have given anyone a 9 (though I never do ratings on here anyway).
We gained a very credible draw with the league leaders and a team who will probably go up via the autos, so what if peoples marks are a little generous?
I don't care how many injuries Norwich had, they still have far more resource available than we do, it was a great performance and result as far as I'm concerned.
All I said was I didn't think there were any 9s today. If anything was silly, it was the 4 post rant and giggle at my expense that you had about it afterwards.

The result, team performance and indivdual player performance are different things. The result was good, the team performance was solid enough but individually I don't think anyone was a 9 and if the goal had been scored on 50 minutes, I doubt we'd be seeing any.
Wilson, Giles, Dabo and Hyam with 8s for me, Sheaf with a 5, everyone else 6s and 7s.

Liquid Gold

agreed. If we didn’t get that equaliser,i can imagine some of the comments. It was such a good display today.
I don't think so, we played well today no matter what. I'm someone that I think others would say have been overly critical lately but we put in a good performance and I think any frustration would have been at a daylight robbery by the ref.

clint van damme

All I said was I didn't think there were any 9s today. If anything was silly, it was the 4 post rant and giggle at my expense that you had about it afterwards.

The result, team performance and indivdual player performance are different things. The result was good, the team performance was solid enough but individually I don't think anyone was a 9 and if the goal had been scored on 50 minutes, I doubt we'd be seeing any.
Wilson, Giles, Dabo and Hyam with 8s for me, Sheaf with a 5, everyone else 6s and 7s.

I made one sarcastic post, not four, and hardly a rant.
And this isn't aimed at you but I'm absolutely pissed off with the torrent of negativity that's been going on for weeks now, if people are posting inflated marks on the ratings thread so fucking what? Maybe it's a reaction to all the downbeat bollocks before, during and after every single fucking game.

Liquid Gold

I made one sarcastic post, not four, and hardly a rant.
And this isn't aimed at you but I'm absolutely pissed off with the torrent of negativity that's been going on for weeks now, if people are posting inflated marks on the ratings thread so fucking what? Maybe it's a reaction to all the downbeat bollocks before, during and after every single fucking game.
Stop being oversensitive, people were critical of a team on a bad run of form making silly mistakes, if you can't handle that then a football forum isn't for you.

clint van damme

Stop being oversensitive, people were critical of a team on a bad run of form making silly mistakes, if you can't handle that then a football forum isn't for you.

I can handle it, I'm just putting forward my opinion, which is contrary to fucking idiots being negative all the time, if you can't handle someone not jumping on your bedwetting band wagon maybe a football forum isn't for you.

Liquid Gold

I can handle it, I'm just putting forward my opinion, which is contrary to fucking idiots being negative all the time, if you can't handle someone not jumping on your bedwetting band wagon maybe a football forum isn't for you.
Can you point who has been negative all the time and a bedwetter, I think most people were saying we need to improve and offering constructive criticism.

clint van damme

Can you point who has been negative all the time and a bedwetter, I think most people were saying we need to improve and offering constructive criticism.
[/QUOTE/]

you need it pointing out? Fucking hell. Just read the match threads. Just look at the reaction on this thread when the team was announced.
People are within their rights to say what they want, I'm within mine to respond.

steve cooper

I'm not sure why some of us have a go at other posters just for expressing an opinion.
Today felt like a win to me despite the dodgy penalty, but player ratings are subjective, and the result often affects opinions, particularly an unexpected win or loss.

PVA

Everyone's ratings reflect it, but Allen just isn't good enough at this level sadly is he?

Works hard and gets into some decent positions, but just loses the ball too often, gets shoved off it too easily. Doesn't score many, doesn't create many, can't beat a man, just not sure what he adds really.

87 n all that

Everyone's ratings reflect it, but Allen just isn't good enough at this level sadly is he?

Works hard and gets into some decent positions, but just loses the ball too often, gets shoved off it too easily. Doesn't score many, doesn't create many, can't beat a man, just not sure what he adds really.
Look to loan him out in Jan. Hate to use the word “relegation” but if we do drop (apols for the negativity) then he’d be an ideal player to help us get back up. He made a massive impact last season once he got back from his injury and we started winning away from home (not all down to him, but played his part).

cc84cov

No he isn’t I said it early doors with the thread I made and got shot down,he’s miles off the level

Blind-Faith

End of the day, what matters is points on the board , we’ve just come up from league 1 , playing away against top of the league and got a point. A lot of people including myself had this game down as a free hit so all in all id say it’s a bonus of point and a great result. Don’t think many teams will be taking anything away from Carrow road this season

Brighton Sky Blue

We had 3 forced changes to our 11 and no cover at either full back position. Granted our bench had more senior minutes than theirs but as soon as they get a few back nobody in their right mind would swap places. Today was a point most of us weren't expecting to get.

Onwards to face Shrek in one of the few games he will ever have as a manager

Tommo1993

But but but, Norwich had loads of players out injured. There was a massive difference of two outfield players from their win against Stoke.
1539BFA3-A51B-4920-AB84-D1F042B4BA28.jpeg B0D69795-D1ED-4C46-AFF1-E02845A25A95.jpeg

Learn to credit your own team’s deserved point (when nobody could have complained if we took all 3), instead of defending our opponents weak excuses.

covboy1987

Wilson - 9 - Never a pen, gets there before the player, double save unbelievable
Ostigard - 7 - solid, did well against Placheta, won a lot in the air
Fadz - 6 - Decent performance, couple of poor passes only reason I’d give him a 6 rather than a 7
Hyam - 7 - Solid again
Dabo - 8 - back to the Dabo of last season, strong and threatening going forward
Giles - 9 - MOTM Brilliant performance, exceptional when under pressure, has great balance and can find a yard with ease. Awesome going forward too
Kelly - 7 - So instrumental for us
Sheaf - 6 - suited him being a bit deeper first half, thought he was very tidy on the ball and played nice forward balls first half
Allen - 5 - worked hard as always, but not good enough at this level
O’Hare 7 - some great moments again and caused them problems, always think we’re more threatening with him in the side
Baka - 6 - won plenty in the air but hard work against their back line, and didn’t get much joy

Subs made a big difference, the added energy got us the point. Made up for Biamou!

Anyway, fuck off Keith Stroud and Norwich, and PLAY UP SKY BLUES!!!

That is why football is such a opinionated sport everyone has a diffrent opinion - Suprised that Dabo has the lowest marks when in my opnion he was the best player on the pitch - this was backed up by norwich fans on there fourm so much so they want to sign him
cambridgeshire canary
  • cambridgeshire canary
  • Members
  • 1,939 posts
Posted 17 hours ago
May have only seen him for 45 minutes but what a player huh? Strong, quick all over the pitch and not a single one of our players have so far been able to deal with him.. He just storms past them with ease like he's made of pure muscle and lightning. Been a while since I saw a wingback as attack minded as him, not one to critise other teams players and all but think most would agree he's probably Coventrys best player and so far has looked a little too good for them.

Given we currently have our main backup rightback being Byram who as much as I do rate it seems is yet another one of our players who tends to end up injured (Not much of a surprise right now sadly) anyone else think Dabo could do well for us? Of course I'm not saying I want Max Aarons to go and god forbid he does but if he does-

Could you see us making a cheeky punt?

stevefloyd

We had 3 forced changes to our 11 and no cover at either full back position. Granted our bench had more senior minutes than theirs but as soon as they get a few back nobody in their right mind would swap places. Today was a point most of us weren't expecting to get.

Onwards to face Shrek in one of the few games he will ever have as a manager
PMSL at the Shrek comment :)

stevefloyd

Hey if we had played Liverpool and Mane and Salah were out we would have rejoiced...so what Norwich had some players out so we played them at the right time and continued our mini unbeaten run, I am fucking delighted at that.
You could argue saying Godden was out and maybe he would have scored and we could have won so it works both ways.. a point away at the table toppers made my weekend so I am happy lets celebrate together for once score people what you want because it makes no fuckin difference....yee haaaaaa

The Philosopher

At the beginning of the season I think we would all see any points won away from home against “wealthier” clubs as a bonus.

ccfcway

I don't think so, we played well today no matter what. I'm someone that I think others would say have been overly critical lately but we put in a good performance and I think any frustration would have been at a daylight robbery by the ref.

the ref could have easily cost us at the end. there was a huge appeal to their defender wiping out Giles, ref could have easily blown for the free kick. it Was a great decision by him to play on.

The Philosopher

I waffled on previously that having Allen in the team is ok, so long as he is the only “slippery (or lightweight, take your pick)”player in the spearhead.

Godden, O’Hare and Allen are all lightweight players and as such we offer no physical threat going forwards and a high press and strong shoulder to shoulder full backs and centre backs just nullifies us. For a few matches we were playing with 3 lightweights and we got bullied.

Good to see that MR has grasped that and having Baka on the pitch at least gave us some kind of physicality.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the new 5 sub rule created a tactics where we shove 3 bigger / stronger / quick players on first 60 mins (Baka / Kastaneer / Jobello) to run and hassle and press and chase the opposition defence ragged, and the we throw on COH (trickery) , Walker (pace, finishing), Max (for a bit of physicality) for 30-35.

Anyway, Allen could have a role in that, (instead of COH for example) but this using him as an advanced forward from the get go isn’t working.

mrtrench

Actually, let's get rid of all the emojis. They express nothing that cannot be perfectly well communicated with words. And we avoid the confusion that I experience every time someone posts that their foot has been stood on. <winky face emoji>

Users who are viewing this thread